Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. --Antiquary 18:01, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- Know how sublime a thing it is
To suffer and be strong.
- One half of the world must sweat and groan that the other half may dream.
- Sometimes we may learn more from a man's errors than from his virtues.
- The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books
- There's nothing in this world so sweet as love, and next to love the sweetest thing is hate.