Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Hans Christian Andersen. --Antiquary 19:26, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- At rejse er at leve.
- Translation: To travel is to live.
- Når ordene fejler er det musikken der taler.
- Translation: When the words fail it is the music that speaks.
- Nyd livet, du er længe død.
- Translation: Enjoy life, there's plenty of time to be dead.
- In the eyes of the world one has only the value the world chooses to put upon one.
- Better In,Than Out.