I copied all the quotes from "Good" into "Goodness" and redirected it here. See Revision history of "Good" for attribution. See Talk:Good for prior discussion. -- OlEnglish 04:55, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
lame quote removedEdit
A quote I removed with an explanation of "lame quote from a lame work" has been reinserted without stating the case for it, so I have removed it again. I will elaborate on the reason for removal:
First, it should be noted that the quote already appears in the article for The Boondock Saints, for which the consensus of reviewers, according to Rotten Tomatoes, is "A juvenile, ugly movie that represents the worst tendencies of directors channeling Tarantino." This is why I refer to it as a "lame work".
The quote itself is a hackneyed and inelegant expression of an idea that has been said far more memorably by a variety of eloquent luminaries. This is why I refer to it as a "lame quote".
I have real reservations about including articles on this sort of film in Wikiquote, but I recognize there is a consensus for celebrating poop culture with little regard for quotability. I do not support polluting serious theme articles with childishness or hack writing. ~ Ningauble (talk) 18:02, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
- A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
- A good man is kinder to his enemy than bad men are to their friends.
- Every day should be distinguished by at least one particular act of love.
- It is only great souls that know how much glory there is in being good.
- Live for something. Do good, and leave behind you a monument of virtue that the storm of time can never destroy. Write your name in kindness, love, and mercy, on the hearts of thousands you come in contact with year by year; you will never be forgotten. No, your name, your deeds, will be as legible on the hearts you leave behind as the stars on the brow of evening. Good deeds will shine as the stars of heaven.
- Every person has the choice between Good and Evil. Choose Good, and stand against those who would choose Evil.
- Most people are good. They may not be saints but they are good.