"We cannot predict the future, but we can invent it." --Dandridge M. Cole 
* Alternate: "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." -- Alan KayAlan Kay. Retrieved on 2008-02-18.; Stanford Engineering, Volume 1, Number 1, Autumn 1989, pg 1-6
didnt Lincoln said: The best way to predict the future is to create it? http://www.quoteworld.org/quotes/10258
"The vast possibilities of our great future wil become realities only if we make ourselves responsible for that future. Gifford Pinchot" Did he really spell "will" like that? I doubt it, but don't know the writer or quotation. I've been slapped down before for correcting a spelling 'mistake' which wasn't one. Dawright12 14:07, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
- One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us.
- Michael Cibenko
- Most of our future lies ahead.
- I never think of the future, it comes soon enough.
- It don't matter as long as you get where you're goin, cause none of this shit is gonna mean shit where we're goin.
- A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past, he is one who is prematurely disappointed in the future.
- You can only predict things after they have happened.
- Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.
- If you can dream - and not make dreams your master.
- It was never easy to look into the future, but it is possible and we should not miss our chance.
- The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
- Ask not where the past has been, but where is the future headed?
- Feisal Mosleh
- The vast possibilities of our great future wil become realities only if we make ourselves responsible for that future.
- The future is unwritten.
- The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.
- For I dipt into the future, far as human eye could see, saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.
- The future always arrives too fast... and in the wrong order.
- Alvin Toffler, futurologist and writer
- Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
- It's hard to make predictions - especially about the future.
- The future ain't what it used to be.
- Often attributed to Yogi Berra.