Talk:Franklin Pierce Adams
- I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.
- I hate the pollyanna pest who says that all is for the best.
- The best part of the fiction in many novels is the notice that the characters are purely imaginary.
- To err is human; to forgive, infrequent.
- Having imagination it takes you an hour to write a paragraph that if you were unimaginative would take you only a minute.
- Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year.
- Ninety-two percent of the stuff told you in confidence you couldn't get anyone else to listen to.
- Nothing is more responsible for the good old days than a bad memory.
- The best you get is an even break.
- The true republic: men, their rights and nothing more; women, their rights and nothing less.
- There must be a day or two in a man's life when he is the precise age for something important.
- Too much truth is uncouth.
- When a man you like switches from what he said a year ago, or 4 years ago, he is a broad-minded person who has courage enough to change his mind with changing conditions. When a man you don't like does it, he is a liar who has broken his promises.
Last modified on 11 August 2012, at 01:42
- I am easily influenced. Compared with me a weather vane is Gibraltar.