Moved quote here:
- "It took hundreds of years and thousands of lives, but the Universe finally taught me it's one and only lesson. Existence is worthless." ~ Howard Weinstein
There is no such wp or wq article. If there is evidence for notabilty, either add it here, create a wp article or create a wq article, and add the quote back. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 06:11, 12 October 2005 (UTC)
- Despair is like forward children, who, when you take away one of their playthings, throw the rest into the fire for madness. It grows angry with itself, turns its own executioner, and revenges its misfortunes on its own head.
- It becomes no man to nurse despair, but, in the teeth of clenched antagonisms, to follow up the worthiest till he die.
- It is a miserable state of mind to have few things to desire, and many things to fear.
- The fact that God has prohibited despair gives misfortune the right to hope all things, and leaves hope free to dare all things
- The man who lives only by hope will die with despair.
- The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation ... A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind.
- What we call despair is often only the painful eagerness of unfed hope.
- The specific character of despair is precisely this: it is unaware of being despair.
- Despair is Freedom.
- Don't you understand? Can't you see? You're all going to die!
- Otto Witt, trying to convince the garrison at Rourke's Drift to flee (Film Zulu).
- Senator, I agree with you-and I would also say that despair is not a method.
- General John Abizaid, in response to Hillary Clinton's 'Hope is not a strategy'.