what in the world does "Desire is death" mean? It is used in Sonnet 147, but I don't understand it.
- Burning desire to be or do something gives us staying power - a reason to get up every morning or to pick ourselves up and start in again after a disappointment.
- Marsha Sinetar
- Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire.
- I would rather be poor in a cottage full of books than a king without the desire to read.
- The desire of the man is for the woman, but the desire of the woman is for the desire of the man.
- The desire to know is natural to good men.
- The waves of desire in the world-ocean are intoxicating wine.
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib
- There is only trouble and desire.
- When all desires that cling to the heart are surrendered, then a mortal becomes immortal.
- When one tastes that fruit that bathes their tongue in decadence, ones own wants oft causeth them to partake again, and deeper, each time, to wash themselves anew in that single most sumptuous thing.
- Devon Whitten Kalgalath
- Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
- Jim Rohn
- Desire is desire wherever you go ,The sun cannot bleach it nor tide wash it away
- The Beach (movie).