This article more than simple Quotes seems to be propaganda. I have quote some conservative ideas, and I expect them to not be eraced.
I doubt it. More likely, you are making it propaganda. For example, look at the Politics page, Liberalism section, which is heavily biased in favor of conservatism.
I'd say "go for it" if you use as much as possible without overlapping.
Ridiculous. This is just a rant against conservatism. One of the worst pages in Wikipedia.
I have to agree with the comment above. Even the quotes labeled "for" are actually quotes that make fun of conservatism.
I don't think here has been vandalism here. We need to keep it to quotes about conservatism rather than quotes that are by conservatives. Aristotle was a conservative but he had never heard of the word, and so on.
Also, conservatives need to be able to criticize themselves because as Burke pointed out, if you don't have the means of reform you don't have the means of conservation. Short of vandalism let's not bee touchy here about what is said, we're larger than it and reality always bumps the Utopian idealist on the nose in the end, right?
This quote needs a date:
- The conservative hates all action against the order, the constitution, the laws, the moral, the liberty, the equality, the tolerance, the property, the security and the civilization.
- Jose Eusebio Caro
- If you can provide a precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Conservatism.
- The use of Conservatism was to delay changes 'til they became harmless.
- A conservative is one who adopts old worn out views once invented by radicals.
- A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
- Conservatives define themselves in terms of what they oppose.
- By 'radical,' I understand one who goes too far; by 'conservative,' one who does not go far enough; by 'reactionary,' one who won't go at all.