- Alive is very often referred to as a good career move.
- If anyone asks you what kind of music you play, tell him 'pop.' Don't tell him 'rock'n'roll' or they won't even let you in the hotel.
- This is one night that can never be repeated again, ... You'll never see all these people, all these stars on the same stage. This is phenomenal.
- Without Elvis none of us could have made it.
Quotes About Buddy Holly (unsourced)
Last modified on 6 February 2011, at 17:09
- He made it OK to wear glasses.
- Of all the unique oddities of my career, I am perhaps proudest of the fact that I am forever linked with Buddy Holly.
- The number of great recordings he made in his very short life places him at or beyond the level of any musical artist in almost any category. Elvis never wrote songs, while Buddy composed a large number.
- I was celebrating my 17th birthday on Feb. 2, which was the night of Buddy's last concert. Then when I found out that Buddy was dead, I remember I was standing on the corner on Langworthy Road in Salford, near Manchester. I was with my best friend, Allan Clarke, who later started the Hollies with me. We were distraught to say the least...tears and more tears. We had lost a great friend...one of us...a rock star with glasses.
- Graham Nash on his reaction to news of Buddy Holly's death