Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Bob Dole.
- No back flips off the diving board, do it again and your out of the pool.
- Quoted in the Statesboro Harald in 1991 after mimicking a local lifeguard
- Elizabeth's back at the Red Cross, and I'm walking the dog.
- On NBC'S Today Show, reported in Time Magazine, 1997.
- I once described myself as the most optimistic man in America. Life has taught me to put my faith in the uncounted millions who may never run for office, pass a bill, or craft a sound bite, but who fight our wars and embody the ideals worth fighting for. My contemporaries have been called the greatest generation. It's not a title we bestowed on ourselves, any more than we asked for the hand that history dealt us in our youth. Now I belong to a disappearing generation, perhaps five million in all, forever bonded by the tests we faced so long ago.