I'm 99.13% sure that the attributed quote:
"I have a secret code called 'Icelandic', so you will never know what's written here." Holding a notebook, during a television interview, possibly on US cable channel VH1
was actually from a program on Bravo. More details can I not unveil, as I have not the access to sources at hand. My apologies extended.
Hi, this image is a suspected copyright violation and may soon be deleted from the Commons:. If your <stroke>Wikipedia</stroke> project allows fair use, please consider uploading the image locally. Thank you. commons:User:pfctdayelise 08:07, 14 February 2006 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Björk. --Antiquary 20:38, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- "Iceland to me is like a rock in a bowl of water. It may or may not float, sink, or bobble up and down, but it is unaware of its choices. It simply does what it will do."
- "I think it's a mission thing. I think everybody's on a mission. I'm personally on a very, very sort of fast mission. I have to experience 900,000 things just to know that I've tried them all, you know?"
- "I don't think the way to deal with the September 11th is to sit down and write a song about it. I think you have to sit down and write a song about something else. Because there are more things in the world than Bush and Bin Laden. Thank God!"
- "This is triangles. I need it to be more squares, and then some circles."
- Describing to a sound engineer the direction she wanted a song to take.
- "I have a secret code called 'Icelandic', so you will never know what's written here."
- Holding a notebook, during a television interview, on Canadian cable channel Bravo!
- "Basically the story of Isobel is she was born in a forest by a spark and as she grew up she realized that the pebbles on the floor were actually skyscrapers and by the time she was a grownup woman and the skyscrapers had taken over the forest, she found herself in the city and she didn't like all the people there too much because they were a bit too clever for her, so she decided to send to the world all of these moths that she had trained, to go and fly all over the world and go inside windows of people's houses that were too clever, and they sit on their shoulder and remind them to stop being clever and to start to function by their instinct, and they do that by saying "na na na na na" to them and then they say "oh, sorry, I was being all clever there" and they start to function on instinct."
- Explaining her song "Isobel" in an interview.