Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Bertolt Brecht. --Antiquary 18:33, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- There is nothing so interesting on stage than a man trying to get a knot out of his shoelaces.
- In the contradiction lies the hope.
- Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.
- Why be a man when you can be a success?
- Vices have their point once you see it as such, but stick to two for one will be too much.
- There are times when you have to choose between being a human and having good taste.
- Don't rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world stood up and stopped the Bastard, the Bitch that bore him is in heat again.
- Under Capitalism you sell your piss to the urinal.
- If all people want is to see something they understand, they shouldn't go to the theater. They should go to the bathroom.
- Finns can be silent in several languages.
- Crude thinking is the thinking of great men.