anything is possible. nothing is forbidden. (taglines)
- Have you ever jacked in? Have you ever wire tripped? No? [smirk] A virgin brain. Well, we're gonna start you off right. This isn't like "TV only better", this is life. Yeah, this is a piece of somebody's life. Pure and uncut, straight from the cerebral cortex. You're there! You're doing it, seeing it, hearing-hearing it. You're feeling it. It's about the stuff you can't have, right? Like running into a liquor store with a .357 magnum in your hand, feeling the adrenaline pumping through your veins. I can make it happen. I can get you anything you want. Ya just have to talk to me. Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me, talk to me. I am your priest. I am your shrink. I am your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the magic man. The Santa Claus of the subconscious. You say it. You even think it. You can have it! Are we beginning to see the possibilities here? You know you want it. -- (Teaser version of Lenny's sales pitch)
- Look... everyone needs to take a walk to the dark end of the street sometimes, it's what we are.
- Bullet-resistant? What ever happened to bullet-proof?
- The issue's not whether you're paranoid, Lenny, I mean look at this shit, the issue is whether you're paranoid enough.
- You know how I know it’s the end of the world? -Everything already been done, every kind of music’s been tried, every kind of government’s been tried, every fucking hairstyle, bubble gum flavors, you know, breakfast cereal...What are we going to do? How are we going to make another thousand years? I’m telling you, man, it’s over. We used it all up.
- HOST: So Dan, are you looking forward to the New Year?
DAN: Not really. I mean what's the point? Nothing changes New Years day. The economy sucks, gas is over three bucks a gallon, fifth grade kids are shooting each other at recess... the whole thing sucks, right? So what the hell are we celebrating?
Lornette 'Mace' MasonEdit
- This is real time! Time to get real!
- Memories are supposed to fade, Lenny. They're designed like that for a reason.
- This is your life, right here, right now! It's real-time, you hear me, real time! Time to get real, not playback. You understand me?
- You know one of the ways that movies are still better than playback? 'cause the music comes up, there's credits, and you always know when it's over. [Turns to Lenny] It's over!
- (to the cops) You know what? You've pulled over the wrong black man, Officer Steckler! I'm the 800 pound gorilla in your midst, fucker! I make more money in a day than you make in a whole year! And my lawyer loves sending sorryass Aryan RoboCop fuckers like you to jail!
- Max: Only he doesn't know about me and Faith. So I say to myself, if I turn the job down, he just gets somebody else. And I lose Faith... to coin a phrase. So to buy time, I do the skank. I still gotta do something about Tran... I figure it's him or me... but I can't cap him without a chump to take the fall. And who better than his girlfriend's loser ex-boyfriend... a known criminal... who has been seen hassling them in public numerous times.
- Lenny Nero: And who was, regrettably, also your best fucking friend.
- Max: No plan is perfect, Lenny. Hey, cheer up. World's gonna end in ten minutes anyway.
- Mace: I can't believe you had to give them the damn tape.
- Lenny Nero: Yeah I know. It was one of my favorites: me and Faith in the hot tub on my birthday. (takes the real tape out of his jacket) Are we impressed yet?
- Mace: Yeah... pretty impressed.
- Lenny Nero: I didn't know you were color blind, Max.
- Max: It was the only way I could stand your ties.
- Palmer Strickland: Nero.
- Lenny Nero: Strickland.
- Palmer Strickland: Comissioner Strickland!
- Lenny Nero: See, since you shit-canned my career, I don't even have to call you sir. One of life's small pleasures.
- new year's eve 1999. anything is possible. nothing is forbidden.
- An extreme taste of reality.
- Ralph Fiennes as Lenny Nero
- Angela Bassett as Lornette 'Mace' Mason
- Juliette Lewis as Faith Justin
- Tom Sizemore as Max Peltier
- Michael Wincott as Philo Gant
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Burton Steckler
- Glenn Plummer as Jeriko One
- Brigitte Bako as Iris