Steven Spielberg (born December 18, 1946) is an American film director and producer. A three-time Academy Award winner, Spielberg is also the most financially successful motion picture director of all time.
- There is no such thing as science fiction, there is only science eventuality.
- The Making of Jurassic Park
- The most expensive habit in the world is celluloid, not heroin, and I need a fix every few years.
- Time, 1979[specific citation needed]
- I dream for a living.
- Time (July 15, 1985)
- Godzilla was the most masterful of all dinosaur movies because it made you believe it was really happening.
- The Making of Jurassic Park (Pg. 15)
- I interviewed survivors, I went to Poland, saw the cities and spent time with the people and spoke to the Jews who had come back to Poland after the war and talked about why they had come back.
- The Making of Schindler's List
- People have forgotten how to tell a story.
- Life[specific citation needed]
- Watching violence in movies or TV programs stimulates the spectators to imitate what they see much more than if seen live or on TV news. In movies, violence is filmed with perfect illumination, spectacular scenery, and in slow motion, making it even romantic. However, in the news, the public has a much better perception of how horrible violence can be, and it is used with objectives that do not exist in the movies.
- In an interview by the Brazilian magazine Veja (1993). Spielberg adds that so far he has not permitted his young son to watch some of his well-known movies (Jaws, the Indiana Jones series) because of the amount of blood and violence shown.
Quotes about Spielberg
- I hate Spielberg and I think he has done a brutal damage to cinema.
- David Trueba, Fotogramas (July 2008).