Star Trek Generations (Paramount Pictures, 1994) is the seventh feature film based on the popular Star Trek science fiction television series. It is often referred to as just Generations. It is the first film in the series to star the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and is a symbolic passing of the torch of the film series from the original series cast to the Star Trek: The Next Generation cast.
- Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
- I've become aware that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind. I took some comfort from the fact that the family would go on, but now there'll be no more Picards.
Dr. Tolian SoranEdit
- Now, you'll have to excuse me, Captain. I have an appointment with eternity, and I don't want to be late.
- You know, there was a time when I wouldn't hurt a fly. Then the Borg came, and they showed me that if there is one constant in this whole universe, it's death. Afterwards, I began to realize that it didn't really matter. We're all going to die sometime. It's just a question of how and when. You will, too, Captain. Aren't you beginning to feel time gaining on you? It's like a predator. It's stalking you. Oh, you can try and outrun it with doctors, medicines, new technologies, but in the end, time is going to hunt you down and make the kill.
- They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.
- [As the saucer-section crash-lands] Ohh... shit!
James T. KirkEdit
- Who am I to argue with the Captain of the Enterprise?
- [While walking through his home]
- [Clock chimes]
The clock. I gave this clock to Bones.
- [Dog barks]
Butler! Butler, how can you be here. He's been dead 7 years.
- [Antonia calls from upstairs]
- What you talking about the future? This is the past.
- [Kirk and Picard have defeated Soran, but Kirk is mortally wounded from the battle]
- James T. Kirk: Did we make a difference?
- Jean-Luc Picard: Oh, yes. We made a difference. Thank you.
- James T. Kirk: Least I could do...for the captain of the Enterprise. It was... fun. Oh, my... [Kirk dies]
- Tolian Soran: Have you ever considered a prosthesis that would make you look a little more... how can I say... more normal?
- Geordi La Forge: What's normal?
- Tolian Soran: "What's normal?" Well, that's a good question. Normal is what everyone else is and you are not.
- [Geordi has had a camera implanted in his VISOR, allowing the Duras sisters to see the Enterprise interior from his perspective]
- Lursa: What is he doing now?
- B'Etor: I don't know. He bathed, and now he's roaming the ship. He must be the only engineer in Starfleet who doesn't GO to Engineering.
- Pavel Chekov: How big is your medical staff?
- John Harriman: The medical staff... doesn't arrive till Tuesday.
- Pavel Chekov: [Muttering in exasperation in Russian] [gestures to two reporters] You and you, you've just become nurses. Let's go.
- James T. Kirk: You say history considers me dead. Who am I to argue with history?
- Jean-Luc Picard: You're a Starfleet officer. You have a duty.
- James T. Kirk: I don't need to be lectured by you. I was out saving the galaxy when your grandfather was in diapers. I'd say the galaxy owes me one.
- Pavel Chekov: I was never that young.
- James T. Kirk: No, you were younger.
- [After Kirk stands up for a third time during a crisis on Enterprise-B]
- Montgomery "Scotty" Scott: Captain, is there something wrong with your chair?
|Patrick Stewart||Captain Jean-Luc Picard|
|Jonathan Frakes||Commander William Riker|
|Brent Spiner||Lt. Commander Data|
|LeVar Burton||Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge|
|Michael Dorn||Lt./Lt. Commander Worf|
|Gates McFadden||Dr. Beverly Crusher|
|Marina Sirtis||Counselor Deanna Troi|
|Malcolm McDowell||Dr. Tolian Soran|
|James Doohan||Captain Montgomery Scott|
|Walter Koenig||Commander Pavel Chekov|
|William Shatner||Captain James T. Kirk|
|Alan Ruck||Captain John Harriman|
|Whoopi Goldberg||Guinan (uncredited)|
|Jacqueline Kim||Ensign Demora Sulu|
|Patti Yasutake||Nurse Alyssa Ogawa|
- Star Trek: Generations quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Star Trek Generations web site
|Quotes for other Star Trek television series and feature films|
The Original Series · The Animated Series · The Next Generation · Deep Space Nine · Voyager · Enterprise
The Motion Picture · II: The Wrath of Khan · III: The Search for Spock · IV: The Voyage Home · V: The Final Frontier · VI: The Undiscovered Country