- This entry relates to the physical concept of speed; for the film, see Speed (1994 film)
Speed is the rate of motion, or equivalently the rate of change in position, often expressed as distance d traveled per unit of time t.
- But the speed was power, and the speed was joy, and the speed was pure beauty.
- I am not the one trying to speed things up. We are being driven.
- Be wise with speed;
A fool at forty is a fool indeed.
- Ease and speed in doing a thing do not give the work lasting solidity or exactness of beauty.
- Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.