- Clay: Two in the back of the head. Quick and painless.
- Jax: It ain't easy being king.
- Clay: Yeah, you just remember that.
- [Half-Sack tows in a BMW with a deer in the windshield]
- Jax: Some days you're the Beamer, some days you're the goddamn deer.
- Chibs: Some yuppie creamed it out by the streams.
- Jax: He run into it or hit a tree while it was giving him head?
- Half-Sack: How the hell you want me to get it out of there? [Jax gets a chainsaw] Come on. Jesus, man.
- Jax: Just pretend its carve your own steak night at the sizzler.
- Half-Sack: I don't eat meat, man.
- Jax: Figure it out, grunt.
- Clay: I never sold gun one to the Mexicans. Now I need for you to show me a little respect, and give me a few more days for delivery.
- Laroy Wayne: Don't give a shit about history, or respect. This is about business, old man.
- Clay Morrow: And I'm telling you, brotha. Give me some more time: really smart business.
- Gemma: [about Abel] You gotta go see him, Jax.
- Jax Teller: I can't.
- Gemma: Why? He'll break your heart? It's called being a father.
- Jax Teller: For how long? A day? A week?
- Gemma: You know, you were born with that same heart defect your little brother had. [She lightly punches his chest] Seems pretty sturdy to me. I've been through hell, landed on my feet. Your father was hit by a goddamn semi, dragged 178 yards. And that bastard lived for two more days. Teller's do not die easy.
- Jax Teller: No, we just die bloody.
- Gemma: Looks like the boy might actually see his first birthday.
- Wendy: He made it? Oh, Abel, thank God!
- Gemma: Yes. Thank you, God. Maybe we should say a little prayer?
- Wendy: Okay. That'd be good.
- Gemma: Dear God, thank you for saving this boy... from his murderous junkie mom, who cared more about a $40 rush than she did her own flesh and blood.
- Wendy: Don't you dare...
- Gemma: Don't I dare? You pathetic whore. Guess the D.A. was impressed with your Bible studies. Hear they're not gonna press charges.
- Wendy: When I check out of here, I'm going to Promises.
- Gemma: Let's just throw money at those 12-step freaks. How long's it gonna last this time? Six months? Three? Couple of weeks?
- Wendy: It's gonna be different this time. This time I have my baby to live for.
- Gemma: That's where you're wrong. You have no baby. You lost that privilege. [Grabs Wendy by the throat] You so much as cast a shadow on that kid, try to turn some legal screw and get custody, I will finish this job. He will never call you "mommy". [Releases Wendy, and throws a Bible on her table] I suggest you turn to Jesus. [Gemma exits]
- [Wendy opens the Bible, to find a needle filled with crank inside]
- John Teller: [voiceover] Most of us were not violent by nature. We all had our problems with authority, but none of us were sociopaths. We came to realize that when you move your life off the social grid you give up the safety that society provides. On the fringe, blood and bullets are the rule of law and if you're a man with convictions violence is inevitable.
- Hale: How you doing Jax? I heard about Wendy and the baby. I'm sorry.
- Jax: Thanks.
- Hale: You know I took a ride out to the streams today. Saw that warehouse that burned down.
- Jax: Outside your jurisdiction, ain't it?
- Hale: You ever heard of a Bluebird Supply Company? Apparently they hold the title on that parcel.
- Jax: Never heard of them.
- Hale: Whole area was littered with casings and gun parts. That warehouse was a weapons depot.
- Jax: No kidding?
- Hale: Chief Unser's retiring at the end of this month. I'll be stepping into those shoes. Unser's always had a look the other way policy with the Sons of Anarchy.
- Jax: Unser's a lazy drunk.
- Hale: I will not look the other way, Jax. Just a friendly heads up.
- Jax: We're all free men, protected by the Constitution. You look any way you want, Chief.
- Clay: So your boy's not really a team player. I've made several gestures of friendship. He's declined every one.
- Unser: Hale's not interested in friends. He thinks Charming's stuck in 1969. Want's to bring it into the 21st century.
- Clay: Hale is a half-bright clerk with a Wyatt Earp complex. Hardly seems like a guy with a vision.
- Unser: Don't underestimate him. He's tight with city council and his old man's got deep political ties in Northern Cali.
- Tig: I got to tell you something, man. I mean it could be bad.
- Clay: It already is.
- Tig: Those two dead Mexicans in the warehouse hole. I was hitting them.
- Clay: Jesus Christ. Both of them?
- Tig: Oh yeah. Kind of a taco twofer thing.
- Clay: So you're just gonna stroll outta there with two dead Mexi whores draped over your shoulders?
- Tig: I'll gut them dead bitches. I'll flush their bellies with bleach. No DNA.
- Clay: What kinda nasty shit did your momma do to you?
- Tig: What do you mean?
- John Teller: [voiceover] When we take action to avenge the ones we love personal justice collides with social and divine justice. We become judge, jury, and God. With that choice comes daunting responsibility. Some men cave under that weight. Others abuse the momentum. The true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. His solution is always an equal mix of might and right.
- Gemma: Let's go into the photo booth. Come on; let me give you a quick hand job.
- Clay: I already got a picture of that.
- Gemma: This time it'll be my hand.
- Clay: [picks Gemma up over shoulder] Ooo baby, you bad. Bad girl.
- Elliot: I want you to find him. You bring him to me first. I'll pay anything you want.
- Clay: Who do you think we are, Elliot?
- Elliot: Oswald's have been in this town a lot longer than SAMCRO. I know what you are.
- Clay: I don't want your money. Nobody comes into my town, and does this to a little girl. We'll find the sick bastard. But, when I deliver him to you, I'm gonna need to know that justice will be served.
- Hale: Anger clouds judgment and it makes us do things that we end up regretting-things we can never take back.
- Elliot: The only thing I can never take back is what happened to that little girl.
- Clay: You think a Son had something to do with that rape?
- Hale: Half of 'em have violent crimes on their rap sheets. Just following logic.
- Jax: Wasn't it just last week four Oakland cops were busted for prostitution and rape? Logic tells me we should ask where your dick was at last night.
- Clay: And don't say in your mama.
- Hale: Officers Mann and Fain will be taking your statements. Could take hours.
- Clay: I'm trying to run a business here.
- Hale: We can do it here, at the station house, wherever you want to do it. And don't say, "In your mama".
Patch Over [1.04]Edit
- Gemma: Jax is in a real strange place. He doesn't need any outside voices in his head. Stay clear of him.
- Tara: We're not 19 years old anymore. You can't dictate what he does, who he sees-
- Gemma: I'm his mother, and until I am dead and cold, I am going to do anything I have to do to protect him.
- Juice: I am not happy about being here either. At least you and I, you know-we can try to have a decent conversation.
- Tig: What? What do you want? You want to bond? You want to get closer? Fine.
- Tig undoes his belt.]
- Juice: What are you doing?
- Tig: I'm gonna dunk my balls in your mouth. You're gonna gag. I'm gonna laugh. We'll be best friends forever.
- Jax: [to guy sitting on his bike] Say 'Cheese.'
- Guy: Cheese.
- [Jax takes picture]
- Bobby: That's before.
- Guy: Before?
- [Jax punches him]
- Jax: Don't ever sit on another man's bike, asshole…
- [Bobby takes picture]
- Bobby: That's after.
- Bobby: You are the James T. Kirk of the MC world.
- Jax: Boldly going where no man's gone before?
- Bobby: I think quite a few have been there before.
- Half-Sack: [about Gemma] Hey, I gotta admit. Clay's old lady gave me a serious MILF chubby. [notices Clay]…Hey, I brought the car out of the garage. It's clear now…so, uh…
- Clay: Clip a truck from Unser's tonight. Make it look like you stole it. Cancer boy wants deniability. :[Clay leaves]
- Tig: MILF Chubby?
- Half-Sack: It's like a compliment, you know? Cause, she's hot.
- [After Tig was bitten by the dog]
- Tig: I thought you said you drugged the meat?
- Juice: I did.
- Tig: Look at him, he's foamin' at the mouth.
- Juice: That thing should be dead. I dosed it like two grams.
- Tig: Grams of what?
- Juice: Crank.
- Tig: You fed crystal to a killer doberman, Are you retarded?
- Juice: No.
Giving Back [1.05]Edit
- Opie: Well I'd better get back to the fireworks or your mom's gonna be stuffing gun powder up my ass.
- Jax: Ya, I'm sure we're all on the Gemma shit list by now.
- Clay: I live on that shit list.
- Clay: The hand on the dick thing. What's the deal?
- Chuck: I'm sorry, man. I'm sorry. Sorry. I have this condition. I'm not even aware of it.
- Clay: Condition?
- Chuck: CMD. Compulsive Masturbation Disorder. I couldn't get the right meds in Stockton so it's a little out of control right now.
- Piney: You know, I used to have that. And then, uh, hell, I turned 13.
- Clay: I step outside for five minutes, you can't watch him?
- Piney: I was in the can.
- Half-Sack: I was getting him the soft toilet paper. He hates the scratchy kind.
- Clay: Well I'm glad your ass is feeling loved.
- Gemma: I love you.
- Clay: That love's gonna kill me.
- Clay: Hey, you all better be at that fundraiser tomorrow, unless you want a size nine high-heel boot up your ass.
- Bobby: You coming?
- Clay: I'd rather have my balls cut off.
- [everyone laughs and groans]
- Clay: What? What? Too soon for that joke?
- Stahl: [grabs Hale and Kohn's butts] Mmm! Mother's little helpers. Get me my goddamn warrant.
- Clay: [as Gemma is led into the police station] What the hell did you do?
- Gemma: Same thing you did. Nailed some little tart from Nevada.
- Clay: Like I don't have enough shit oozing out of my ears. You gotta go and do this.
- Gemma: You should've thought of that before your dick went on a cheerleader hunt.
- Clay: Hey! I didn't tell her to come here.
- Gemma: But she's here!
- Clay: Well, it's not my fault!
- Gemma: And it's not my pussy!
- Stahl: And that's why I'm single.
- John Teller: [voiceover] The older I get, the more I realize that age doesn't bring wisdom. It only brings weary. I'm not any smarter than I was 30 years ago. I've just grown too tired to juggle the lies and hide the fears. Self-awareness doesn't reveal my indiscretions; exhaustion does.
- Gemma: [about Clay] You so much as flash a pretty grin at him-I will jam my fist so far up your bony ass, your cup size will double.
- Cherry: Is that how your rack got to be that size?
- Trammel: I didn't sign on for burned bodies, dead sheriffs.
- Jax: I know.
- Trammel: This is over.
- Jax: Hey, Trammel. It's too late for over, man. You know all about us, and we know all about you. Look, only way this relationship works is two of us together, or one of us dead.
- Gemma: What'd you tell Jax about the bodies?
- Clay: Some of the truth.
- Gemma: And Lowell?
- Clay: A little more.
- Gemma: The rest stays buried.
- Clay: Yeah. And rest in peace.
- Clay: I understand you declined Bobby's request for some comfort.
- Cherry: Yeah, I did. I'm not about that anymore.
- Clay: If I was to ask for some comfort, would you be about that?
- Cherry: No, sorry, but your old lady would turn us both into chum.
- John Teller: [voiceover] Inside the club, there had to be truth. Our word was our honor. But outside, it was all about deception. Lies were our defense, our default. To survive, you had to master the art of perjury. The lie and the truth had to feel the same. But once you learned that skill, nobody knows the truth in or outside the club; especially you.
- Jax: Can you distract the doctors?
- Tig: Yeah. No problem…Excuse me, ladies. How you doing? Uh, you're doctors, both of you?
- Female Doctor: Yeah.
- Tig: [unzipping his pants] Oh, thank god. Um, a Doberman pinscher took a chunk of my ass.
- Female Doctor: Oh, god
- Tig: Wait, can we just…
- Female Doctor: You need to go to the E.R.
- Jax: Distract them. I said distract them, not scar them for life.
- Tig: I'm serious. I think it's infected.
- Jax: You guys gave it your best shot. You've got nothing on SAMCRO. And you harassing Tara, that ends here…or next time it won't be a piece-of-shit car I'm draining fluid from.
- Kohn: You threatening a federal agent?
- Jax: I'm threatening you.
- John Teller: [voiceover] Einstein said that any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. But it takes a touch of genius and lots of courage to move something in the opposite direction. I'm realizing that my touch of genius and my courage are coming too little, too late. And I fear that for SAMCRO, there may be no opposite direction.
- Tig: So you stole an ambulance?
- Juice: I had nothing to do with this.
- Half-Sack: Hell, these things are worth, like, a hundred grand, easy.
- Clay: Yeah, they are. That's why the people who buy 'em are, like, state and federal agencies. So, uh, what? You want me to sell a stolen vehicle to the government?
- Half-Sack: Oh, uh, just something like a small hospital or something.
- Clay: Oh, like, uh, Uncle Freddy's Infirmary?
- Tig: Why don't you just steal, like, a fire engine? And then we could have our own rescue center. We could have our own little uniforms and hats.
- Unser: Why am I looking at one of Oswald's tanker's?
- Jax: Ah, that leads us to our next conversation with the owner of Unser Trucking. Its 8,500 gallons of diesel. It's yours for 20k.
- Unser: Stolen diesel.
- Jax: Gas costs gotta be killing your bottom line. I'm offering you a 50% discount.
- Unser: Half the cost, twice the risk.
- Jax: Come on. You fill your pumps after dark and a uni finds the tanker on the side of the road. Insurance covers Oswald, and you run your trucks at a buck-ninety a gallon for the next six weeks. Where's the risk in that?
- Unser: Can you at least pretend I'm a cop sometimes?
- Jax: What happened with me and Tara is ancient history, Mom.
- Gemma: She hurt this family. Tried to pull you away.
- Jax: I didn't leave, did I?
- Gemma: But she did. Broke your heart.
- Jax: I guess.
- Gemma: You guess? She crushed you, Jax.
- Jax: I was 19. It was first love bullshit. I grew up. I got over it. It's time you got over it too.
- Gemma: Somebody hurts your baby, you never get over it.
- Jax: Kid gets out of the toaster today.
- Tig: You get to hold your son?
- Chibs: That's great, Jackie boy. Congrats.
- Clay: At least we know one good thing's gonna happen today, huh?
Hell Followed [1.09]Edit
- John Teller: I never made a conscious decision to have the club become one thing or another. It just happened before my eyes. Each savage event was a catalyst for the next. And by the time the violence reached epic proportion, I couldn't see it. Blood was every color.
- Jax: I've been waking up every day since he was born with a sick feeling. Wondering who was gonna die today. And it scares the shit out of me. And then I woke up this morning, and it was gone. I think that scares me more.
- Juice: Take him out? That means like kill him?
- Chibs: No. I think what it means is dinner and a movie.
- Unser: Someone went after Darby last night. They killed one of his guys, two women at his house in Charming.
- Gemma: You think it was us?
- Unser: I also found two dead Mayans in a ditch off 18 half a mile outside of town. Last time I looked at the scoreboard, Nords and Mayans were the away team.
- Clay: Glad you're rooting for the home team, Chief.
- Unser: Deal always was outlaws live in Charming, shit beyond the borders. You can't change the rules, or it all goes to hell.
Better Half [1.10]Edit
- Tara: What exactly is it you're hoping to find? Just wondering what digging up dirt on old girlfriends gets you?
- Stahl: Is that what Kohn liked? Your inquisitive nature? You know, I understand that he never got off the plane in Chicago. He's M.I.A. Threw away his career for love. I just hope you're not doing the same, Doctor.
- Hayes: You a Catholic?
- Gemma: I'm whatever I need to be.
- Hayes: Do you believe in God, Gemma?
- Gemma: I believe in family.
- Hayes: Think that's enough?
- Gemma: Who you kiddin'? Sitting here ticking off Hail Mary's, think that gives you some kind of heavenly pass? God's gonna open the pearly gates when those next two bullets catch you in the head?
- Hayes: It's all a little absurd, I guess. Truth is I know I'm going to hell. Prayer just makes my time here a little less miserable. A few good acts of contrition can make you feel good too, love. [hands her rosary beads]
- Gemma: There's only one way these beads could make me feel good…love. And it involves a whole different act.
- Clay: [about Opie] What's going on with him?
- Bobby: His heart's in it. His head's someplace else.
- Clay: Too much of that shit going around lately.
- Tig: You ever get high off of this?
- Piney: It's just oxygen.
- Tig: No, I know. I know. But can't you just turn it up and get, like, you know, the Blue Velvet kind of thing going on.
- Piney: What the hell is wrong with him?
- Bobby: The list is too long, my friend.
- Jax: Do you love me? It's a simple question.
- Tara: It's not a simple answer.
- Jax: I know.
- Stahl: Donna, what kind of mother are you going to be?
- Donna: The kind who doesn't bail on her family.
- Stahl: Now what is going to happen when I put you and your family back in Charming, hmm?
- Opie: I tell the club the truth.
- Stahl: Maybe they believe you, but maybe they don't. Are you really willing to risk the life of your family on the love Clay Morrow has for you?
- Clay: You and I both love Opie. I don't want to believe this shit either. But we gotta prepare ourselves for a truth we may not like.
- Jax: He'd never sell out the club.
- Clay: And what if he did?
- Jax: Then I'll kill him myself.
- Mary Winston: I got a call from the feds asking me to pick up my grandkids from the Department of Justice facility in Stockton.
- Gemma: Opie's kids are in a facility?
- Mary Winston: Apparently the whole family is. I can't get a hold of Piney. Thought you might shed some light on why I'm schlepping my fat ass 75 miles.
The Sleep of Babies [1.12]Edit
- Jax: The last few months, man. The warehouse gets blown up. Mayans tried to kill Clay. Bobby's in jail. We got the ATF trying to stick RICO up our ass. How much longer do you think this club's got? We're better than this, man. My old man? He saw the nightmare coming. He was smart, Opie, way smarter than me. He had ideas about where to take the club. You know? Legitimate ways to earn. He knew...SAMCRO's got to change to survive.
- Wendy: I was okay with you slipping me enough crank to kill a horse. Because of what I did to Abel, I deserved that. But I am not the same person that I was two months ago. I can't be a part of this. You're playing with people's lives, Gemma.
- Gemma: I'm protecting the innocent. If I step on a few toes in the meanwhile, so be it
- Jax: Is something wrong?
- Tara: With Abel leaving, I realized it's not just you. You have a son. We need to think about what we're doing.
- Jax: You really want to talk about this, huh? Cause the one upside of Wendy, she was usually too wasted for relationship chats.
- Tara: Well, I'm painfully sober.
- Wendy: [to Tara] She'll never let you be with him. Gemma hates you. She'll do whatever she can to keep you guys apart. You may as well quit while you're still ahead…or alive, for that matter.
- Clay: What you did to Opie and his family proves one thing; you're desperate, cause you got nothing on us. It kills you, doesn't it? To see me and my guys living good lives. Families, friends, nice homes. You hate the fact that we get the same rights and freedoms as you do.
- Stahl: Gee, you make me so proud to be an American.
- Clay: You're a fascist pig, and what Otto did to you is just the tip of the iceberg.
The Revelator [1.13]Edit
- Clay: I know you're hurting. You think you're trying to help, but...
- Piney: Don't you tell me what I'm thinking! You know, if this happened to your family, there'd be six charters halfway to Oakland.
- Clay: This did happen to my family.
- Piney: No it didn't! The Niners came gunning for my son. They killed my daughter-in-law. You got that, huh? You got that kind of hole in your family?
- Tara: Nothing is okay. Like, the last few weeks, I tried to follow your lead. You know, find some kind of compartment to put all this stuff in. But I just can't. I don't sleep. I'm more scared now than I ever was. I'm scared of getting caught. I'm scared of not getting caught. We got away with murder. What does that make me?
- Jax: A survivor.
- Tara: I think you're a good man with a big heart. I believe you try to do as much good as you can, but you live a life I don't think I'll ever really understand.
- Jax: Don't you get tired of it? Running
- Tara: I'm not running. I'm just being realistic, Jax.
- Jax: Call it whatever you want. Your life is a series of hit-and-runs. The minute someone makes you feel uncomfortable, tests your loyalty, little Tara packs her bags and hits the road. Well, I guess you got what you wanted from me, right? Used me to do your dirty work.
- Tara: That's not fair.
- Jax: Not fair? You wanna know how many women I've slept with over the last 10 years?
- Tara: Don't do this…
- Jax: Hundreds! Maybe more, I don't know. I barely see their faces. I married Wendy because I was lonely. Because I got tired of the endless disconnect. It was just a sad time-out. Because when I'm inside someone, there's only one face I see. When you came home, it was like some kind of sign to me. Like my past coming around to give me another shot to do this different; better. And now that chance is running back to Chicago.
- Hale: This relationship you have with Clay…I don't like it…but I get it. You make a deal with the devil to keep the peace. But look at this. Look at what we let happen. An innocent woman was killed.
- Unser: I didn't let that happen.
- Hale: Yeah, you're right. It's on me. What was I supposed to do? Roll over and feed SAMCRO classified information?
- Unser: I get the rock and hard place this all took you to. Sorry this guilt comes down on you.
- Hale: Well, then, help me. For once, please. Just help me serve justice to these guys.
- Unser: I should be fishing somewhere, or reading a book half buzzed on vodka and lemonade. And I'm still here in this suit of mine because I've got my own rock and hard place I'm living between. I ain't got much more of a run in me. A few years, maybe, but I need something to leave Della and my half-smart kids. I'm sorry, son.
- Gemma: Motherless children. They make people do drastic things. This is bad.
- Clay: You think I don't know that. You think I wanted this?
- Gemma: You feel all that, baby. You feel it here. You walk out that door...you be the man they all need you to be.
- Piney: Time for a change.
- Jax: Yea.
- Jax: Looks like Trammel earned his pay.
- Clay: You got something you need to say?
- Jax: We both know this is bullshit. The only reason I don't set fire to it is because I love Opie and the truth would kill him.
- Clay: We all love Opie. He needs this and we're going to give it to him.
- Jax: Whoever you put this murder on just make sure they deserve to die because the guy that killed Donna is out there sharing a beer with her husband.
- Clay: You better be real careful how you navigate around this one.
- Jax: Or what? You gonna put a bullet in the back of my head too?
- Clay: [to Ethan Zobelle] Look, I don't know what Darby told you, and I don't know what your angle is. But let me be real clear. Nobody threatens SAMCRO and nobody tells us what we can and can't do; black, brown, or white. So why don't you just climb back into your little German clown car and drive back to Nazi town because the next time you piss all over my shoes I will kill you. And I don't give a shit how many witnesses there are.
- Tara: You know why I run away from shit all the time? Cause I don't trust anyone. If I'm gonna stay, I need to know the truth.
- Jax: I tell you the truth.
- Tara: Not just what you think I can handle. I need all of it. It's the only way I'll know if I can do this.
- Weston: You got kids, Darby?
- Darby: No.
- Weston: I just pulled my six-year-old out of T-ball cause I found out they're giving trophies to every boy on every team for simply playing the game. Trophies should be earned. Teaching children that everyone's equal is a dangerous philosophy.
- Gemma: You think... you think God forgives you for doing bad things? I-- I mean like really... bad shit.
- Father Francis: God forgives absolutely. We're the ones who usually can't.
Small Tears [2.02]Edit
- Jax: Something wrong?
- Clay: They found that Mayan we visited. He was throwing up nine fingers. Mayans are a little ticked at the Niners.
- Jax: I made a decision for the good of the club.
- Clay: You settle that shit on your own?
- Jax: Yeah. Spur-of-the-moment seemed like the right thing. I'm sure you can understand.
- Clay: That little judgment call you made for the good of the club? It came back to bite us in the ass and almost killed Bobby.
- Jax: I see that.
- Clay: Whatever you may think, the truth is everything I do is to protect what we got. It's never arbitrary. And it's never reactive. Been doing this for 30 years, I know a few things.
- Jax: Taking that tag off the Mayan was the right decision. You know that.
- Clay: You wanna challenge me? Fine, I don't give a shit. But the minute it stops becoming about this club and it starts becoming personal they'll know that. They'll lose respect for you and they won't trust you anymore. And then you'll be handling everything on your own. Think about that…son.
- Clay: Thoughts?
- Chibs: Everybody loves pussy.
- Opie: I second that.
- Juice: Third it.
- Tig: I’m a very big fan of pussy.
- Clay: All in favor? Like I gotta ask.
- All in unison: Pussy!
- Clay: Looks like we're making movies.
- Gemma: This wasn't about me.
- Unser: Well, what do you mean?
- Gemma: What those animals did. It was to hurt Clay and Jax. Anyone finds out, they win. I can't let that happen.
- Opie: I keep dreaming I'm back in Chino. Really violent shit happening. And then I wake up relieved that I'm home. It takes me a minute to realize that I'm alone in bed.
- Hale: Are you talking about deliberately bringing drugs into my town?
- Zobelle: I'm talking about creating a temporary problem that allows you to flush out the permanent one.
- Hale: You already had Darby cooking meth.
- Zobelle: I'm not responsible for Mr. Darby.
- Hale: That your temporary problem? Flooding the mill with crank?
- Zobelle: Did you arrest him?
- Hale: I didn't have a warrant.
- Zobelle: So get one.
- Hale: Maybe I'll pick up one for you too.
- Zobelle: I understand your anger and I know you think I'm some kind of devil. For years, I sat back and watched everything I love about this country slowly unravel: faith, values, morals, decency. It culminated two years ago when my wife was killed in a drive-by. Her blood got me off the sidelines and into the game. Now, if that makes me a vigilante, a Machiavellian fool, so be it.
- Clay: Ah, sad Elvis.
- Bobby: These bar mitzvahs are killing me.
- Clay: Why you doing it them? Tahoe gigs will come back around.
- Bobby: I'm buried. Inside for two months, child support, alimony, and my oldest needs oral surgery. They gotta cut his frenum. What the hell is a frenum?
- Jax: The Jungle
- Tara: Know it?
- Jax: Almost turned me vegan.
- Tara: This is really twisted but im actually craving a big steak.
- Jax: I got a Porterhouse right here for you, baby.
- Tara: You’re a class act, Teller
- Jax: Give me a kiss.
- Tara: Here?
- Jax: Just us carnivores.
- Bobby: You and Clay, the guys are worried.
- Jax: Ah, nothing to worry about.
- Bobby: Convince me.
- Clay: Where does this go, tomorrow? Next week?
- Jax: Where's what go?
- Clay: Your need to undermine my every play.
- Jax: I got no need to undermine you. Things I call out are about the club.
- Clay: Nah, about you and me.
- Jax: Yeah. Maybe they are. Guess I gotta get right with you-what you did.
- Clay: Yeah. You do.
- Jax: Well, you got decades of experience. Why don't you tell me how I do that? How I get right with you tryin' to kill a brother behind the club's back and your little trigger boy blowin' an innocent woman's head off?
- Clay: Well, you're gonna have to figure that out for yourself son. But I'd do it soon. Cause if you mention Donna or the incident again, I'll kill ya.
- Unser: [to Zobelle] Charming is a special town. Not many folks take to it. I like to think the town chooses its occupants. The right ones stay…wrong ones disappear.
- Piney: You know, this isn't on Jax, it was my idea. Just have to blame it on the dementia.
- Bobby: Tig's got a gash the size of your attitude on his leg. Got enough Advil for that?
- Tig: Clay said your task is to be my bitch.
- Bobby: Yeah, he did.
- Tig: Then I got one request. You leave that piece of shit Fat Boy on the side of the road.
- Bobby: [to Clay] When you want blind action, you go to Tig. When you want the truth, you come to me.
- John Teller: [voiceover] I realized that in my downward spiral of hopelessness I was actually falling into a huge hole created by my absence of basic human graces. The most obvious was forgiveness. If I was wronged by anyone, in or out of the club, I had to be compensated by money or blood. There was no turning the other cheek. When relationships become a ledger of profit and loss, you have no friends, no loved ones, just pluses and minuses. You are absolutely alone.
- Hale: You're accusing me of being in someone's pocket, you hypocrite son of a bitch? You've been with Clay since you were in uniform. He barks and you jump. Whole town knows it. Chief of police, what a joke!
- Unser: Why do you think I chose you for my second? Huh? A single-minded self-righteous pain in the ass? You're the good guy. Okay? The clean one. I need you to stay that way otherwise the whole department's a joke.
- Clay: [to Zobelle] You pay or you go away. Your choice, Adolph. Welcome to Charming.
Faix Cerebri [2.06]Edit
- Jax: Look, man. I think it's all good you getting deeper into the club. But you're obviously still dealing with some stuff. Donna's death got to be a nightmare.
- Opie: How do you know what I'm dealing with? You got to figure out your own stuff, brother.
- Jax: I know what I'm doing.
- Opie: Oh, yeah. You got things you want to change. I get it. This beef with Clay it's not about what's best for SAMCRO. It's about you pushing to be king. It's not your time yet, man. This is Clay's club. You got to back down, get in line before somebody gets hurt.
- Clay: You know, I don't give a shit what the plan is. I am tired of sitting here playing 'what happens if?' Zobelle tried to kill two of us in the last twelve hours. This charter doesn't wait any longer. We kill him!
- Jax: My son, he's given me a new pair of glasses. I find myself thinking about the things I do. Things I say, ramifications.
- Stahl: You have to.
- Jax: Not as angry or reactive.
- Stahl: I can see that.
- Jax: For instance, you showing me these photos trying to play my rage, my need for revenge, didn't work. See, I was able to take a moment to think. And I realized that if we did have a relationship with the Irish, which of course we don't, what'd stop me from tipping them off? Letting them know you got them under your thumb. You took a huge risk playing that card. Which means you are desperate. You got nothing.
- Stahl: Wow, you really are the smart one.
- Elliot: How long do you think we can keep Charming the way it is, Gemma?
- Gemma: I don't know.
- Elliot: Everything caves under the weight of greed. I've seen it my whole life. Nothing stays simple.
- Lyla: Look, I don't know what happened, Opie. But maybe this isn't the best time for you to be around your kids.
- Opie: There's never a good time for me to be around my kids.
- Jax: I arranged a meet at the P.C. infirmary. You gotta distract Dion, unlock the guard gate, and let in Russell's crew.
- Juice: How do I get there?
- [Tig punches Juice from behind]
- Juice: [groaning] I think you cracked my rib.
- Tig: I know, I'm sorry.
- Bobby: I've never seen us beat up this bad. Half of our crew is in hospital beds. The medical bills alone, they're gonna bury us.
- Jax: Yep.
- Bobby: We got to fix the things we can. You and Clay, whatever it is, it's gonna land on you to make it right.
- Jax: What makes you think this would land on me?
- Bobby: Because Clay is old, mean, and he is never gonna admits that he made a mistake. He's earned that.
- Jax: Nah, man. Time don't mean anything.
- Bobby: I'm doing the best I can to hold us together, but if this split gets any worse, I'm gonna have to pick a corner. You know this club needs a healing brother. And you got to be the one to deliver it.
- Half-Sack: [about his prosthetic testicle] It's a little bit painful when I ride. Sometimes I feel it when I walk. Other than that, back to normal.
- Tig: Is it gay that I want to see it?
- Bobby: Gay curious.
- Tig: Come on, drop 'em.
- [Half-Sack drops pants]
- Bobby: Showtime.
- Happy: Is it supposed to be that swollen?
- Half-Sack: Think so.
- Tig: They look uneven.
- Polly Zobelle: Who's Jimmy O?
- Edmond Hayes: He's no one you'd ever want to meet.
- Clay: Do you see what you're doing to this club?
- Jax: I was risking my ass for this club.
- Clay: Bullshit!
- Jax: You're as blind as you are crippled.
- Clay: No. The blind guy's in jail with no wife cause you just got her killed!
- Jax: I'm not the one murdering women!
- Tara: You keep saying you want to change things, but you keep repeating old behavior. You can't have it both ways.
- Jax: Is there anything you love so much, you'd protect it, no matter the cost; the damage it did to you?
- Tara: Yeah. Yeah, a child.
- Jax: Yeah. That's how I feel about this club. Since I was five Tara, all I've ever wanted was a Harley and a cut. Change won't happen quick, or without blood, but it'll happen. It has to.
- Álvarez: [about Jax's SAMCRO vest] You will lay it at my feet, cabrón.
- Jax: Pull the trigger, man. That's the only way this leather's coming off my back.
- Gemma: [about Chibs' wife Fiona Larkin] There have been three women I'm afraid of: my mother, my third-grade math teacher, and that Irish bitch.
Fa Guan [2.09]Edit
- Hale: [to Clay] I know the greater devil when I see it. Zobelle is flooding this town with Darby's crank and pussy. And he wants me to shut it down to prove to Charming they don't need the Sons.
- Clay: SAMCRO deals guns. You had your little romp as porn king. You tied us to prostitution. You got one of our member's old lady killed.
- Jax: You are really gonna stand there and lay the guilt of a dead wife on me?
- Piney: [to Jax] Your father saw this coming. He saw the feds, the Irish, guys like Zobelle. And he knew we were going to die bloody.
- John Teller: [voiceover] I found myself lost in my own club. I trusted few, feared most. Nomad offered escape and exile. I didn't know if leaving would cure or kill this thing we created. I didn't know if it was an act of strength or cowardice. I didn't know, so I stayed. I stayed because, in the end, the only way I could hold this up was to suffer under the weight of it.
- Chibs: I'm not your errand boy, Jimmy.
- Jimmy O'Phelan: Aye, Filip, you are. I banished you, took what's yours. These are the facts. You do as I say.
- Chibs: Go to hell, Jimmy.
- Jimmy O'Phelan: Have you seen any recent pictures of Kerrianne? She's all Fiona. Gorgeous. Reaching that magical change; tight little curves, breasts popping. Timely, actually. Fiona's look's fading. Can hardly catch an edge anymore. But Kerrianne...the thoughts that enter my brain. Impure, awful, I think. But then I recall, she's not my daughter. So what's the sin?
- Tara: How do you fix SAMCRO if you're not a part of it?
- Jax: I can't do what I need to do with [Clay] in place. I ride independently for a few years, then wait for him to step down.
- Tara: A few years? We barely made it through the last few months.
- Gemma: [to Jax] I loved your dad. More than... more than I've loved any man. Great lay. Smart. Big heart. And very complicated. Sound familiar? His complications killed him.
- Clay: [after Clay and Jax learns of Gemma's rape] How do you want to handle it?
- Jax: We kill them all.
- Gemma: Clay's never gonna... want to be inside something that's been ripped up like me.
- Tara: Jesus Christ, Gemma, Clay loves you.
- Gemma: Love don't mean shit. Men need to own their pussy. His has been violated. He'll find another. It's what they do.
- Opie: [to Agent Stahl] The outlaw had mercy. You remember that the next time you try to twist the truth to kill one of us.
- Gemma: You think... you think God forgives you for doing bad things? I-- I mean like really... bad shit.
- Father Francis: God forgives absolutely. We're the ones who usually can't.
- Jax: See your kids are taking that little trip I arranged.
- AJ Weston: Son of a bitch. I'll kill you for this.
- Jax: At least I didn't gang-rape them.
- Clay: [to Weston] Whatever happened to 10-on-10 with no weapons?
- Jax: Guess you couldn't handle a fair fight, huh?
- Weston: Fair's for losers. I'd rather win.
- Jax: Yeah, me too. [reveals the Niners and Triads]
- Tara: I pity you. You walk around here with your little administrative degree, pretending like you know medicine. You're just a cheap suit too stupid and lazy to get into med school. So now you compensate by making the healers jump through hoops.
- Margaret: Well, I guess someone's true colors have finally bled through. I guess you and that biker whore you travel with…
- Tara: [grabs Margaret by the throat] How dare you. You don't know her. You don't know any of them.
- Margaret: Oh my God! You hit me. You're finished. I'm calling security. This is assault.
- Tara: No. [punches Margaret] That's assault.
- Clay: [about Half-Sack] Where's he at?
- Chibs: His year's up in about a month.
- Clay: How does everyone feel about patching him in?
- Chibs: Yeah.
- Clay: Half a sack, shitload of balls.
Na Trioblóidí [2.13]Edit
- Unser: [cell phone rings] Yeah.
- Gemma: Wayne, I need a little help.
- Unser: What's the matter, darling? Where are you?
- Gemma: I'm on the lam.
- Clay: [on why he won't tell Marcus, Ethan's an informant] Because he'd kill him...and that's my job
- Cameron: [Advances on Abel with a knife] A son for a son [Kip intervenes and is fatally stabbed]
- Clay: [Last lines of the season] Irish took my grandson
- Jax: [Last lines of the season] He's got my son
- Clay: Probably 40, 50 patches watching us right now. We represent the past, present, and future of this club. Sure, the Sons are a democratic nation, but everybody knows what happens in Charming sets the tone for every charter.
- Jax: And what's happening in Charming?
- Clay: You tell me. These men behind us, they love you. They respect you and they understand your grief. But they're also wondering what you're gonna do with it.
- Jax: That's my business.
- Clay: No it isn't. None of these guys are old enough to remember what happened to your old man and how he fell apart and lost focus when Thomas died.
- Jax: Yeah, well, I'm not my old man.
- Clay: I know that, but they don't. You gotta show 'em something. Make the hard choice, son.
- Jax: And what choice would that be?
- Clay: Either Abel is dead, and you want revenge, or he's alive, and you would kill to find him. Now if you can't make that decision, then you better get down on your hands and knees and pray for something to get you there fast.
- Jax: I'm sorry this happened. I had no right asking you for this.
- Tara: Asking me for what?
- Jax: Wanting you to stay be part of what I am; I didn't think it through. Obviously, I do that, I don't think s*** through and what it might do to other people.
- Tara: I'm not other people.
- Jax: You should have gone back to Chicago. That s*** that happened with Kohn should have been the end.
- Tara: You're not making sense.
- Jax: This has to be the end. You got to get out of Charming, away from me.
- Tara: I didn't come back to Charming because I was afraid of Kohn. And I didn't stay because of what we did to him.
- Jax: Doesn't matter now.
- Tara: When Donna was killed, those things you said to me in the hospital about my life being a series of hit and runs, that my face was the only one you saw.
- Jax: I shouldn't have said that.
- Tara: It was the truth. I have created this very serious life for myself. And when I'm inside it, I barely know myself. I have these moments sometimes in the middle of my surgeries when suddenly I'm aware of my hands, you know, doing these extraordinary things. And I think 'Whose hands are these? What am I doing here?'When I'm with you, I never ask that question.
- Jax: I'm not the answer. Look at me, look at this.
- Tara: I'm always looking at it. My brain never stops. Why am I here? Should I be here? Am I afraid to stay, afraid to go, afraid to be a mother? It's endless. I drive myself crazy.
- Jax: None of that matters.
- Tara: I know. That's become so clear to me. The noise doesn't matter. We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here.
- Stahl: Lotta bad guys out there; sometimes the pursuit gets a little...messy. You know?
- Clay: That why your bosses pulled you off the Irish? 'Cause it got a little 'messy'? Seems like avoiding the bad shooting hit didn't do you much good, after all. All you did by framing Gemma was get a man killed and a baby kidnapped. Anything happens to my grandson...anything...I promise you, I'm gonna shove a gun barrel up that bony ass of yours and I'm gonna blow your black heart out.
- Piney: Jax, we don't...uh...we don't have shrinks or priests. You don't want to talk to me, that's fine. But are you going to talk to somebody in this club...and work this shit out?
- Jax: I've been trying to find some kind of balance, Piney, right thing for my family, my club. Every time I think maybe I'm heading in the right direction. I end up in a place I never even knew could feel this bad. What did I do, man?
- Piney: Look, you're loyal, and decent, and love the right things. That's who John was, and I miss him.
- Clay: [on Kip/Half-Sack] He manages to make it through a desert minefield and winds up buying it in a kitchen.
- Salazar: You can't kill me. I'm a patch president.
- Clay: I don't recognize your bullshit MC.
- Jacob Hale: [to Wayne Unser] Even if I'm the Devil, it wouldn't be the first time you shook my hand, Wayne.
- Tara: I didn't know you were out.
- Jax: I don't know what happens now, Tara. It's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.
- Tara: I know.
- Jax: Do you? What happened last night was just the tip of the iceberg.
- Tara: You trying to scare me?
- Jax]: Yeah, I am.
- Tara: [kisses Jax] I'll see you later.
- Jax: Where you going?
- Tara: Gemma called, something happened with your granddad. She wants me up there.
- Jax: No. If you get caught with my mom, that's aiding and abiding - a federal crime.
- Tara: Well, what do you want me to tell her?
- Jax: Tell her you're taking a leave of absence.
- Tara: I was gonna tell you.
- Jax: The beating you put on your boss? You gonna tell me about that too?
- Bachman: [after disposing of a body] All done.
- Tara: Where is she?
- Bachman: Where's who?
- Jax: My old man's manuscript: he said there's only two ways an old lady makes it. Either you tell them everything, or you tell them nothing.
- Father Kellan: This can't be about your love for his grandfather.
- Maureen: Do you ever think...J.T. made a mistake? Maybe if he'd stayed in Belfast with me...?
- Father Kellan: John Teller's family was in Charming.
- Jax: You're all very unbalanced individuals.
- Dealer: Why in the hell are you doing this?
- Piney: [hits him with the gun] Cause we're the good guys.
Turning and Turning [3.05]Edit
The Push [3.06]Edit
- Filthy Phil: Should we do anything?
- Jax: Yeah, grab some brooms. We're going to have a lot of stuff to clean up.
Widening Gyre [3.07]Edit
Lochan Mor [3.08]Edit
- Jax: [after Gemma interrupts half-clothed Jax and Trinity kissing, telling Jax that Trinity is his half-sister] Two minutes later, and I'd have been dancing in Tig territory.
- Opie: You hit that?
- Jax: No...didn't feel right.
- Bobby: Feels just about right to me.
- Jax: Dude, you're twice her age and three times her weight.
- Bobby and Opie: So?
- Jax: [to Abel] I'll never let anyone take you from me again. I love you.
- John Teller: [voiceover] My grief and introspection terrifies them... drives Gemma mad. Clay's pity has moved into profound loathing. I see my best friend and my wife growing closer and closer. I have no jealousy, truly. I feel nothing. Not even fear, and I know I should be afraid.
June Wedding [3.12]Edit
- Unser: [to Gemma] Everything's shit side up, sweetheart.
- Clay: Nobody speaks Spanish... nothing?
- Juice: I'm a Puerto Rican from Queens! I speak better Yiddish!
- Opie: Donna begged me to give up the life ... I guess now I know how that feels.
- Jax: [to Gemma] I'd never turn on my club, or my family. I'm not my father.
- John Teller: [voiceover] Every day it becomes more clear that I don't belong here. I'm certain now that Clay and Gemma are together. They barely try to hide it from me. Gemma hates my apathy. She hates all of me. Her chill is terrifying. I know my days are numbered Mo, and when these letters stop you can be certain my death will come at the hands of my wife and best friend. At least my sweet Thomas will never suffer my life. I miss him so much. I only pray that Jackson finds a different path. He already reminds me so much of myself.
- Unser: I'm at the station when you need me.
- Tig: You're the best... Chemo Sabe.
- Unser: That ain't funny.
- Tig: Yes, it is.
- Stahl: Please don't do this! Please, Opie, you had mercy before. I'm begging you, don't do this.
- Opie: And now I don't. This is what she felt. [shoots Stahl]
- Lyla: With this ring, I vow my love. I promise to always be a loving and faithful wife...and old lady.
- Opie: With this ring, I vow my love. And I promise always to cherish and protect you.
- Jax: What else?
- Opie: And treat you as good as my leather and... [joined by everyone else] ride you as much as my Harley.
- Jax: The bond that holds this club together isn't about love or brotherhood anymore. We lost that a long time ago. It's just fear and greed now.
- Jax: I'm an okay mechanic with a GED. The only thing I do well is outlaw.
- Clay: There ain't gonna be no Charming Heights.
- Unser: How you gonna stop it?
- Clay: Let nature take its course.
- Unser: I got no idea what that means, other than it involves shit and a big fan.
- Unser: I'm not sure which cancer is worse: the one in me or the one in Charming.
- Jax: [to Clay] When you leave, push the president's patch to Opie. That's the deal. My out for your drugs.
- Jax: [to Clay about running drugs] This isn't about me or the club. This is about you cashing out.
- Clay: Don't go setting fires where there's nothing to burn.
- Gemma: I don't do that.
- Clay: Really?
- Gemma: I don't do it all the time.
Jacob Hale: Good Morning.
Lincoln Potter: Not if your Russian.
- Kozik: [Accepting a pick up game request] Alright. Me against you LeBrown.
- Gemma: [to Tara about John Teller] I loved him. Like you and Jax. I was 19. He was my goddamn world.
- Bobby: [Looking at a guy being eaten alive by ants] How long are they gonna leave him there?
- Clay: Til the picnic's over.
- Gemma: You stopped going to your own church?
- Unser: When your life is buried in shit the Sacred Heart seems a little out of reach.
- Gemma: You gotta believe in something.
- Chibs: Something ain't right. Ate Mexican food last night.
- Bobby: Chasing burritos with Jack and James probably didn't help.
Una Venta [4.04]Edit
- Gemma: [handing Rita a paper bag] 5000 dollars. Gold circle club.
- Rita: In 20s?
- Gemma: Is that a problem?
- Rita: No. Come on in.
- Gemma: Oh, it's not from me. It's from Dr. Tara Knowles. She wants to support the cause. Future daughter-in-law.
- Rita: Lucky you.
- Gemma: Lucky me.
- Tara: Are you really going to a bike convention?
- Jax: You want to know more?
- Tara: [sighs] No. It's too early.
- Tara: What are you writing?
- Jax: Just jotting some stuff down.
- Tara: My badass biker is journaling?
With an X [4.06]Edit
Fruit for the Crows [4.07]Edit
Family Recipe [4.08]Edit
CLAY: Tara still got 'em? CLAY: Too late. PINEY: My God, how would Tara know? CLAY: She's the one that gave 'em to you.You don't think I knew that, old man? PINEY: Just leave her out of it, huh? CLAY: Too late.[Shoots Piney in the chest with the shotgun]
- Galindo Leader: [about the 9ers] Line them up!
- LeRoy: What? We did everything you asked us to do!
- Jax: You can't do this. This isn't Mexico. We have to work with other people. We have to build relationships. You do this - no one will trust us.
- Tara: [opens the envelope to see the letters replaced with blank sheets of paper presumably done by Gemma] You duplicitous bitch!
- Unser: I'm calling the Sheriff on your old man. They can get Piney's body.
- Gemma: No.
- Unser: There's no saving Clay. He's like a wounded animal. But the next dead body you're gonna be standing over is the mother of your grandchild. Are you ready for that?
- Gemma: You're right. He is a wounded animal. We have to help him.
- Jax: [about Juice] Sons don't kill themselves. He'll get voted out. No one will trust him.
- Jax: [to Opie, after telling him that he will leave the club] You were right, man. I should have let you get out. Donna would probably still be alive. You got to fix things with your wife. Go talk to your old man. You hold on to that shit, Ope.
Call of Duty [4.11]Edit
- Clay: [to Unser] Benefit of an end date: Nothing more dangerous than a guy who knows he's already dead.
- Wendy: I've been sober for two years. I got my BA. I'm a certified substance abuse counselor. I live in a two bedroom. I have a French bulldog named Ramone. I got my tubes tied, and I recently discovered I like women. What's new with you?
- Gemma: Absolutely nothing.
- Margaret: [about Gemma's bruised face] What happened?
- Gemma: I flew my broomstick into a brick wall.
- Jax: [to Gemma, about Clay] I thought we could pull this off. Cash out. I'm as delusional as he is.
Burnt and Purged Away [4.12]Edit
- Otto: This is a list of everything I did for the club while I was inside. And all I asked of SAMCRO was to watch Luann.
- Bobby: And we did. I promise.
- Otto: No you didn't. And now you're gonna feel that.
- Jax: You're right: Op's not ready to lead. The gavel should go to Bobby. VP: Chibs and Sergeant at Arms to Happy.
- Bobby: You're really gonna do this?
- Jax: I love this club, but I love my family more. I gotta put some distance between the two.
- Jax: I'll take Chibs with me to translate the Catholic.
- Opie: [to Clay] Sit down. You're gonna die at the gavel.
To Be, Act 1 [4.13]Edit
- Jax: You're not clear right now.
- Tara: I'd argue I'm the clearest I've ever been.
- Jax: Babe, rage can feel that way.
- Jax: Then I put my goddamn family in a car and we get the hell away from Charming.
- Tara: Just like that, Jax? Change your clothes? Wash off the blood?
- Jax: Yeah, Tara. Just like that.
- Tara: Tell me you love me.
- Jax: I love you...do you love me?
- Tara: If i could stop, I would. I love you, Jackson.
- Gemma: What are you doing?
- Tara: Everything you taught me. He's mine.
- Gemma: Clay Morrow killed your father, stole that seat away from this family, gunned down your father's best friend and he tried to kill your wife. He's a murderous traitor and there's only one thing to do now, Jackson... for your father, your family and your club. It's in you. It's who you are. Clay has to die. Read 'em. See 'em in your father's own hand and then you kill him, Jax. You kill Clay before he's on his feet and strikes first. And when it's done? You take your place at the head of this table where a Teller belongs. Where you belong.
To Be, Act 2 [4.14]Edit
- Lincoln Potter: Whoever or whatever you believe in: may it grant you safety and speed.
- Jacob Hale: Why are you doing this?
- Lincoln Potter: Because I don't like you. And the good guys need a win.
JAX: (putting a knife to Clay's throat) I read the letters.[Clay groans]I know you killed my father.Piney.You tried to kill Tara. CLAY: Please, Son. JAX: - Don't call me that.The only reason I am not slicing you open is 'cause I need this cartel deal to happen. And those prick Irishmen won't deal with anyone else. CLAY: - You gotta let me tell you-- JAX: - You're done telling me anything. Now I tell you. You're stepping down as president. You can sit at the table. You can have a vote. But that's all. You keep the Irish happy, and you stay out of my goddamn way. If you don't, I'll let the club read the letters. (Clay grunts) JAX: And I let Opie tell everyone you murdered his old man. CLAY: Who gave you the letters? JAX: Doesn't matter. CLAY: Gemma? JAX: You stay away from Tara and my mother. CLAY: - This is all a mista--[groaning in pain] JAX: - Do you understand? [pressed the knife until Clay bleeds] CLAY: Ah [Clay groans] Yeah. (grunts) Jax slaps his Kutte on the hospital bed and cuts off his President's patch. CLAY: You may as well kill me. (Jax laughs) JAX: You're already dead.
- Jax: [opening voiceover] Something happens at around 92 miles an hour - thunder-headers drown out all sound, engine vibrations travels at a heart's rate, field of vision funnels into the immediate and suddenly you're not on the road, you're in it. A part of it. Traffic, scenery, cops - just cardboard cutouts blowing over as you pass. Sometimes I forget the rush of that. That's why I love these long runs. All your problems, all the noise, gone. Nothing else to worry about except what's right in front of you. Maybe that's the lesson for me today, to hold on to these simple moments. Appreciate them a little more - there's not many of them left. I don't ever want that for you. Finding things that make you happy shouldn't be so hard. I know you'll face pain, suffering, hard choices, but you can't let the weight of it choke the joy out of your life. No matter what, you have to find the things that love you. Run to them. There's an old saying, 'That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger' I don't believe that. I think the things that try to kill you make you angry and sad. Strength comes from the good things - your family, your friends, the satisfaction of hard work. Those are the things that'll keep you whole. Those are the things to hold on to when you're broken.
- Gemma: You a pimp?
- Nero: I'm a companionator. I bring folks together. I'm all about the love.
- Gemma: I did a spic pimp.
- Nero: Yeah, and I did a drunken cracker milf.
- Gemma: Thanks for not being a dick.
- Nero: My life's ambition.
- Jax: I'm not going to turn into Clay.
- Opie: I'm afraid I'm gonna turn into you.
- Damon Pope: I just got a call from the military arm of the Galindo drug cartel wanting me to sit down with Jax Teller. Do you know how hard I have worked to distance myself from that element? Your need for 'street cred' is making my life...difficult. It stops now.
- [The One-Niners have just been shown a dismembered body in a train yard]
- Darnell: Is that Laroy?
- August: Most of him. Little bitch was screaming so loud I kind of lost my shit. Congratulations, you in charge.
- Darnell: No, wait wait, what if I don't want to be in charge?
- August: Rise to it, brother. With great power comes great responsibility.
- Darnell: I ain't Spider-Man, nigga!
- Pope: [To a chained up Tig in a train yard who can't reach his captive daughter Dawn] Know my pain, Mr. Trager. [throws his lit cigar into the pit Dawn's in igniting the spilled fuel]
- Tig: [Screaming as his daughter catches on fire] Oh, baby Oh, no! No!
Authority Vested [5.02]Edit
- Fawn: [On discovering her sister's dead] Where is she? [Her father doesn't answer] I Hate You...I Hate You...I HATE YOU!...YOU PIG! [Has to be restrained as she lunges at her father in a crazy crying fit]
Laying Pipe [5.03]Edit
- Jax: I had to make a choice, brother: Kill Clay or save the club.
- Opie: You made the wrong choice.
- Opie: I got this.
- Jax: [to prison guard] I’m getting released. There’s nothing you can do to stop that. I’ll find out who you are, and where you live, and then I’m gonna kill you.
- Pope: Sounds like everything went according to plan.
- Jax: There's a new plan. I just watched my best friend get beaten to death for you. Now, I'm going to get the club to sign off on your cash. But I need Traeger outside. Him knowing I saved his life gives me an internal advantage I'm going to need. And when I'm done, you can send him out the same way you did his kid, 'cause I really don't give a shit.
- Pope: [smiles] There you go, finding a hidden advantage in an unfortunate circumstance; using pain to take you to the next level. Those are the things that turn players into kings.
Stolen Huffy [5.04]Edit
- Jax: You know what, mom, I kind of have a few things on my plate today, like burying my best friend, so your need to be loved, worshipped, and adored is a little low on my list today.
- Clay: You want distance, you got it. I don't even know who you are anymore.
- Gemma: Why don't you bounce my face off the floor? Then maybe you'll recognize me.
- Lyla: What do I do, Jax? I can't raise three kids on my own. I could barely cover me and Piper. How am I supposed to care for those kids and earn a living?
- Jax: Just like every other single mother. You get help--friends, family.
- Lyla: My mom lives two hours away; I don't have family up here.
- Jax: Let me show you something. [He opens the blinds and shows her various members of the club pouring in] That's your family. Anything you need, you just ask. Anyone says no, they answer to me.
Orca Shrugged [5.05]Edit
- Jax: [voiceover] It's hard not to hate. People, things, institutions, when they break your spirit and take pleasure in watching you bleed, hate is the only feeling that makes sense. But I know what hate does to a man, tears him apart, turn him into something he's not, something he promised himself that he'd never become. That's what I need to tell you to let you know how hard I am trying not to cave under the weight of all the awful things I feel in my heart. Sometimes my life feels like a deadly balancing act, when I feel slamming up against what I should do, impulsive reactions racing to solutions miles ahead of my brain. When I look at my day, I realize that most of it was spend cleaning up the damage of the day before. In that life I don't have a future, all I have is distraction and remorse. I buried my best friend three days ago. As cliche as this sounds I left part of me in that box. A part I barely knew, a part I never saw again. Everyday is a new box boys, you open it and take a look at what's inside. You're the one who determine if it's a gift or a coffin.
- Galen O'Shay: Don't be so sensitive, laddie.
- Jax: Grow some balls, you Irish prick. You got a problem with me, you tell me to my face.
- Galen O'Shay: All right. I think you're arrogant, selfish, and explosive. Wreckage you caused in Belfast got a man of God and one of my dearest friends killed.
- Jax: You talking about the priest?
- Galen O'Shay: Aye. Kellan Ashby took me out of the streets of Armagh. Saved my life.
- Jax: Right. Gave you the Catholic blessing of the blood? Made you a gangster of Christ?
Small World [5.06]Edit
Toad's Wild Ride [5.07]Edit
- Tara: [to Clay] To me, you're already dead. Stay away.
- Jax: [to Gemma] When he died, I felt so bad. It wasn't because he was dead, it was because I'd have you all to myself. I knew how wrong that was. I love you mom. We're gonna get through all this, I promise.
- Jax: She's a goddamn trainwreck.
- Nero: She's still your mother ... Women like your mom, they don't do so good without family.
Andare Pescare [5.09]Edit
To Thine Own Self [5.11]Edit
Toric: "These next few months will be the most excruciatingly painful time of your sick and miserable life,"
- Jax: [voiceover] There will be days when you're forced to make decisions that affect the lives of everyone you love, choices that will change you forever. You reach an age where you realize that being a man isn't about respect or strength, it's about being aware of all the things you touch. Children face inward, wallow in their own selfish needs. Men face out, take action on the needs of others. I'm at that place boys. I'm staring one of those decisions in the face and it looks back at me with historical eyes and it calls me a coward, a killer, a fraud. It wants me to crack and run from the service of my fate like a broken boy. Today, I will not do that. Today, I will be the man my father tried to be. I will make you proud.
- Galen O'Shay: This is on you, boy. The Sons are gonna feel this on both continents.
- Gemma: How's the ass?
- Lyla: How's it look?
- Gemma: Like a snack.
J'ai Obtenu Cette [5.13]Edit
- Pope: [Staring down the barrel of a gun] You stupid cracker bitch.YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO WHOEVER KILLS ME? RIGHT?!
- Jax: I'm counting on it.
I feel like my life has taken a turn. I'm heading down a road I've never been on before. Nothing is familiar. The signs don't make sense. Do I get off the road, or do I keep riding? Do I go alone or take others with me? Who do I trust for the journey? I now understand why being a leader requires isolation. I have to remove myself from those whose lives were affected by my decisions. Those I love as well as those I hate. It's getting more and more difficult to be a brother when my decisions are the ones a father has to make. By the time you're old enough to make sense of this life, you'll know everything about me-- the things I'm proud of and the things I regret-- and then you'll be faced with your own decisions. And as much as I want to help you, tell you what to do, those choices will be yours alone. The only advice I can give you, sons, is to examine who you are as men. Figure out what's important to you. Know yourselves. Don't be swayed by fear or history or the opinions of outsiders. Find your own truth. It will lead you to the things you love.
One One Six [6.02]Edit
- Galen O'Shay: You're not getting out of guns, son. The cause needs you. Greater good.
- Jax: You know why my old man wanted out?
- Galen O'Shay: Don't know. Don't care. Lifetime ago.
- Jax: Yeah, it was. But nothing's changed. JT realized there's nothing more dangerous than a gangster who thinks he's got God in his pocket. The cause may have been the greater good at one point, but for guys like you, Jimmy O, it's just killing people with Catholic bullets to line your own pockets.
The Mad King [6.05]Edit
- Jax: Galen and Clay go back more than 20 years. They've done deals off the books, shit that neither of our organizations know about. They got secrets to protect.
- Galen O'Shay: Our deal with Clay will be locked down by the end of the day. Our history with the Sons of Anarchy has come to an end.
Jax:I want to say thank you for making the ride.It means a lot to me to have a full table.I'm certain you have questions and doubts.That's what this meeting is for.I know every charter is independent.You run them as you want.But I also know, the things we do in Redwood, especially here in the Northwest, impact your local relationships and affect the way you earn.Some of you knew my old man.Some just knew his legacy.It's no secret that he was conflicted at the end.Questioned every decision he'd ever made.About the club.About his family.That fear, that doubt... it ruined him.Made him vulnerable.I'm here to tell you that I'm not following that path.The choices that I make are not because I'm afraid, or because I have any doubts about this club.I watched my best friend get his head caved in to protect what we have here.We've all watched brothers die in the service of this club.There's two things you can do when that happens.You can run from the pain, bail.Or you can allow it to burn into your heart... to leave its mark.A constant reminder of the love that brought us all here.Sons of Anarchy-- it's at a crossroads.Our clubhouse blowing up last night-- that's a sign of the times.The end result of a bloody relationship with the IRA.It'd be easy for me to sit here and blame our mistakes on my predecessor, but that won't solve sh1t.We don't need blame.What we need, boys, is change.I want us out of guns.The RICO heat, the competition, the Irish blowback.It's just not practical.Between the lawyers and repairing the damage, we barely earn a profit.I'm gonna move Redwood into more legitimate enterprises.Diosa-- it's doing great.We're earning real money.We're gonna open another house in Stockton.We're going to reboot Caracara.Just found a warehouse down by the docks.So, I guess it's fair to say that SAMCRO's future is in pussy, not bullets.(scattered chuckles)We struck a deal with the Irish.One that keeps the peace.But that transition means we all take a hit.Now, I know everyone here has had a taste of the gun business, whether it's in protection, storage or distribution.It's gonna sting at first, letting go of that cash.But if we don't...I'm telling you... this club won't have a future.We've had 20 members killed in the last two years.All of those deaths tied to the gun business.Outside of guns, how you earn is up to you.But, if you would like, my charter will do everything it can to help you move in a legitimate direction.A direction that keeps us out of jail, that keeps us whole and that keeps us alive.
Sweet and Vaded [6.07]Edit
Gemma: Your lucky your pregnant. [Tara screams, hitting her stomach on the corner of her desk; faking a miscarriage ]
Los Fantasmas [6.08]Edit
John 8:32 [6.09]Edit
PATTERSON: Send him in.Have a seat.(door closes)I must say, I'm rather surprised to see you sitting across from me.JAX: No more surprised than I am.PATTERSON: So why are you here?(Jax sighs)JAX: Sons of Anarchy was started by my father, John Teller.He always wanted a legitimate club.Died pursuing that.PATTERSON: I'm not in a mood for a history lesson.Why don't you get to it, Mr. Teller.JAX: I'm here to make you an offer.PATTERSON: To make me...(laughs)Wow.You really have some balls, kid.JAX: I also have an Irishman who sells KG-9s.PATTERSON: IRA?JAX: Real IRA.Current kings of the Irish Catholic revolution.PATTERSON: So what are you offering?JAX: Gaalan O'Shay.You can check with the feds.He's a big win.I will deliver him with a shipment of guns.Open and shut.PATTERSON: And when and how would you deliver this "big win"?JAX: It'll happen in the next ten days.The "how" is my job.PATTERSON: It's a very bold proposition.So why don't you tell me what's in it for you.JAX: Immunity for the MC for all gun charges.Past and present.I want a legitimate club.That can't happen while people try to crush us, ruining all of our business relationships.Let us breathe in Stockton.We won't break the law and the violence stops.PATTERSON: That's it?If you thought you could deliver the IRA, then I figure you would at least also have a personal request.JAX: I do.You need to look at Tara's case again.Toric was the one connecting the dots that didn't exist.Tara had no idea what Otto was gonna do to that nurse.We both know that.PATTERSON: What I know and what I can prove rarely come together.So...I'm supposed to expedite all of these things on good faith?Just assume it's all real?JAX: You don't need faith.Just have everything ready to go, and give us the space to put it in motion.If the Irish think we're being tailed, this whole thing implodes.I'll tell you where to find Gaalan and the guns.PATTERSON: And you and your crew, you just skate away without so much as a slap on the wrist?JAX: You can slap my wrists until they're bloody, lady.I don't give a sh1t.I'm giving you a win well above your pay grade.You get your devil and you punch your ticket out of this cesspool.So let's not get too lost in righteousness.I'm the scumbag outlaw, and you're the pillar of justice.And neither one of us likes looking at ourselves in the mirror.Do we have a deal?PATTERSON: If I don't hear from you within ten days...I will spend the last seven months in this office making your life as miserable as the law allows.And your wife... she will be in jail until your boys graduate from high school.JAX: Okay.
Huang Wu [6.10]Edit
- Jax: And what if we say no?
- Galen O'Shay: You really can't, Jackson.
Aon Rud Persanta [6.11]Edit
- Wayne Unser: This life, it ain't romantic or free. There's no path to anything that makes any sense. It's just dirty and sad. And we both know it's only going to get worse.
- Gemma: They carting you off to Belfast?
- Clay: I don't think so.
- Gemma: I thought that was the plan.
- Clay: I think there's another plan.
- Clay: So, I guess you, uh, had another vote I wasn't privy to.
- Jax: Yeah, we did. This time it was unanimous.
- Clay: Fair enough.
- Connor Malone: You played me, you bastard, didn't you?
- Jax: If I did, I played you right into the number one slot. It's up to you whether you want to stay there. You're a smart, decent guy, Connor. We both know this had to happen. It was gonna be you and me lying on the floor if it didn't. They earned that blood. So let's move past it. So we can both go home to our families.
You Are My Sunshine [6.12]Edit
- Connor Malone: It's been an interesting road, Jackson. One I'm really looking forward to getting off of.
- Jax: You and me both, brother.
A Mother's Work [6.13]Edit
- Jax: [opening voiceover] There are lessons to be found here - but mostly, I do this so you can know me. Lately, as I write these, I realize they are as much for me as they are for you. This is the one place I can be completely open - the pen and paper has no judgement, no vote, it simply receives my truth and allows me to turn the page. And today, this is my truth. I am terrified a great deal of the time - afraid of what I've done, of what I'm doing, and of what I might have to do. It's not a crippling fear, in fact, it's just the opposite. I thrive on it, I crave it, I need that rush of terror to get me out of bed in the morning. It's in my DNA. I have tremendous remorse for the acts of violence I've committed, both planned and spontaneous. But I think what brings me the most sorrow is that I've learned to justify this behavior. I always find a reason, a cause, a need that allows me the karmic lubrication to stuff my guilt into a savage compartment. I've become the thing, the one I hated. And with that awareness comes periods of days, sometimes weeks, when I have to avoid looking into a mirror. My self-hate is so deep, so palpable, I fear I'll lunge at my own image, shatter the glass, and cut myself with shards of broken reflection. Since my best friend was killed, I've lost my center. 'Op' was always my pull back to true north. Now my doubt and sense of fraudulence bark so loudly in my head that most of the time I can't hear anything else. Love, camaraderie, freedom - all the things I want from this life are lost in the din. Forgive my indulgence, sons, but today may be a day we both remember. A defining day. And I want you to look back at this entry and know that at the very least, your father was completely honest, so you know I speak the truth when I tell you that you are the most important thing to me. I'll never hurt you, never abandon you. I love you, Abel. I love you, Thomas. More than anything or anyone. I always will. Everything I do is for my sons.
- Tyne Patterson: I know how much you love Tara, and I see how deeply she loves you. Betrayal is a very intense feeling, one that can only be matched by the maternal instinct of a mother protecting her young.
- Jax: I don't need a lesson in family feelings. If you have something to say, then say it.
- Tyne Patterson: Whatever decisions happen here today, the outcome lands on you. Are you willing to let your family pay the price for your mistakes? Is that what a good man would do? Because if that happens, I promise you son, it's gonna destroy you and everything else you love, and that's not the law in me talking, that's a flawed mother who made a lot of mistakes. You're a husband, and a father, and a man before all of this. Own your place.
- Gemma: [after killing Tara] It had to be done.. had to be done.
- Eli Roosevelt: What did you do?
- Gemma: She did this, she did this. She made a deal, she betrayed him.
- Eli Roosevelt: Tara didn't rat, Gemma. Jax gave himself up to protect her, to keep her safe.
Black Widower [7.01]Edit
- Tyne Patterson: I understand the pain you're in, son. The reason for your silence. I lost a son and a nephew to gang violence. I didn't want anyone arrested. I wanted them all dead. Heartless, cold bullets to the back of the head, just the way they killed my boy. That's a natural reaction. The desire for revenge, it's a part of grieving. The difference is in my world, I knew that those violent desires would never become real. In yours, it's a very likely outcome. We couldn't tie you to either murder. Parole violation (scoffs) The gun wasn't fired. It was in the house. We're gonna let you go. Your mother's here to see you. She can take you home. (chuckles) I've been doing this for over 20 years, and until today, I have never said a word about my personal life to someone on the other side of this table.
- Jax Teller: So, why me?
- Tyne Patterson: Because I needed help to connect with the man who did the right thing ten days ago! Who knows the importance of family! And that more violence will only destroy what's left of his.
Toil and Till [7.02]Edit
Playing with Monsters [7.03]Edit
- August Marks: You know the biggest difference between me and Mr. Pope? Damon made his bones being the smartest guy on the street. I made mine being the deadliest. Don't cross me, Jackson. I have no remorse killing you or any of the Sons.
Poor Little Lambs [7.04]Edit
Some Strange Eruption [7.05]Edit
Smoke 'em if You Got 'em [7.06]Edit
The Separation of Crows [7.08]Edit
What a Piece of Work Is Man [7.09]Edit
- August Marks: "If you or your mother get the idea to betray me, this is what happens."
- [Shoots Bobby in the head]
- "This is on you, Jackson. Your Betrayal. Don't ever lie to me again."
- Tig: "You know why I like teaming up with you Hap? Because when we do, I'm the normal one."
Faith and Despondency [7.10]Edit
- Abel: Is Wendy my first mommy 'cause I came out of her tummy?
- Jax: Yeah. That's right.
- Abel: So, is that why Grandma killed my other mommy? So my first mommy could be here with me?
Suits of Woe [7.11]Edit
Red Rose [7.12]Edit
- Juice: I know Jax has tasked you with killing me, and if the Chinese do it, it could impact your relationship with the MC. [Reaches down into his boot, pulls out a scalpel, hides it under a napkin, and slides it to Tully] Just let me finish my pie.
- Gemma: I love you, Jackson. From the deepest, purest part of my heart. You have to do this. It's who we are, sweetheart. [Fighting the tears, Jax aims the gun at Gemma] It's okay. My baby boy. It's time. I'm ready.
Papa's Goods [7.13]Edit
- Charlie Hunnam - Jackson 'Jax' Teller (Seasons 1-7)
- Katey Sagal - Gemma Teller Morrow (Season 1-7)
- Mark Boone Jr. - Robert 'Bobby' Munson (Season 1-7)
- Dayton Callie - Police Chief Wayne Unser (Season 1-7)
- Kim Coates - Alex 'Tig' Trager (Season 1-7)
- Tommy Flanagan - Filip 'Chibs' Telford (Season 1-7)
- Theo Rossi - Juan-Carlos 'Juice' Ortiz (Season 1-7)
- David LaBrava - Happy (Season 1-7)
- Ron Perlman - Clarence 'Clay' Morrow (Seasons 1-6)
- Maggie Siff - Tara Knowles (Seasons 1-6)
- Kurt Sutter - "Big" Otto Delaney (Seasons 1-6)
- Ryan Hurst - Harry 'Opie' Winston (Seasons 1-5)
- William Lucking - Piermont 'Piney' Winston (Seasons 1-4)
- Patrick St. Esprit - Elliott Oswald (Seasons 1-4, 6-7)
- Drea de Matteo - Wendy Case (Seasons 1, 4-present)
- Taylor Sheridan - Deputy Chief David Hale (Seasons 1-3)
- Ally Walker - Agent June Stahl (Seasons 1-3)
- Mitch Pileggi - Ernest Darby (Seasons 1,3 & 6)
- Johnny Lewis - Kip 'Half Sack' Epps (Seasons 1-2)
- Jay Karnes - Agent Josh Kohn (Season 1)
- Sprague Grayden - Donna Winston (Season 1)
- Jeff Kober - Jacob Hale, Jr. (Seasons 2-6)
- Titus Welliver - Jimmy O'Phelan (Seasons 2-3)
- Adam Arkin - Ethan Zobelle (Season 2)
- Henry Rollins - A.J. Weston (Season 2)
- Rockmond Dunbar - Lieutenant Eli Roosevelt (Seasons 4-6)
- Danny Trejo - Romero "Romeo" Parada (Seasons 4-5)
- Benito Martinez - Luis Torres (Seasons 4-5)
- Ray McKinnon - Assistant US Attorney Lincoln Potter (Season 4)
- Jimmy Smits - Neron 'Nero' Padilla (Seasons 5-7)
- Donal Logue - Lee Toric (Seasons 5-6)
- Harold Perrineau - Damon Pope (Season 5)
- C.C.H. Pounder - DA Tyne Patterson (Season 6-7)