In humans, shyness is a feeling of insecurity that certain people experience while being among others, talking with others, asking favors of others, etc.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Shyness is just egotism out of its depth.
- Penelope Keith (b. 1939), British actress. Daily Mail (UK) newspaper, 27th June 1988
- He was not handsome, and his manners required intimacy to make them pleasing. He was too diffident to do justice to himself; but when his natural shyness was overcome, his behaviour gave every indication of an open, affectionate heart.
- He's not an asshole, he's just shy. I think you have shy/asshole confusion, my friend.
- Shyness is nice, and shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to.
- Morrissey in the Smiths song Ask
- Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.
- The shy man does have some slight revenge upon society for the torture it inflicts upon him. He is able, to a certain extent, to communicate his misery. He frightens other people as much as they frighten him. He acts like a damper upon the whole room, and the most jovial spirits become, in his presence, depressed and nervous.
- True lovers are shy when people are by.
- 18th Century English proverb
Last modified on 29 October 2011, at 01:47↑Jump back a section