Current band members:
- Jonathan Meiburg
- Will Sheff
- Kim Burke
- Thor Harris
- Howard Draper
The Dissolving Room (2001)Edit
- Hurts so bad that you know it's not sinning.
The funny thing is it's just beginning to feel good.
- Not Tonight
- If you stay sober, I'll put the kettle on.
And you can come over, drink tea, and watch the lawn.
- If You Stay Sober
- It's like a dream I had: this girl I went to see
(and I can't sing her name, she might be listening to me),
in a room of missing tiles we felt ourselves entwine,
and she bit my tongue and shouted as I crawled into her mind.
- The Left Side
Everybody Makes Mistakes (2002)Edit
- People got no respect for the dead; they roll new plans out neatly.
- An Accident
- Everybody makes mistakes - some do most of all.
"I just don’t have what it takes," they’re singing as they fall.
Winged Life (2004)Edit
- If I told you once, then I told you twice
That I would have paid just about any price
Just to see him jump, just to see him laugh
I would have washed in the blood of an innocent man.
- Whipping Boy
- You're like a convert who goes back to work
When he can't retrieve how the clarity actually felt
When his co-workers ask him, the words won't come out
And after three weeks, his new leaf has blown away
And it feels just like an average day
Facing walls, talking into the phone
Sitting dumbly in church all alone
Picking back up the magazines he'd thrown away.
- A Makeover
- Claire lives up on Saint Mary's walk, with her mother.
And I live down on Philomel, by the harbor
And I hate the ocean.
- St. Mary's Walk
- And I'll clasp my hands
And I'll make demands
At the clouds, they're asking "What's wrong with him now?"
- The Convert
- God, take that sound away
If you've got something to say
Say it now.
It's fake, and I need you not to be fake
And don't care how you make me feel
Just so you're real.
- The Convert
Sham Wedding/Hoax Funeral (Split w/ Okkervil River) (2004)Edit
- We will stand in the waves while the colors all run, and our minds fill with light until we start to go numb.
- Mountain Laurel