Quotes about Sharing.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
And the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- In a shared fish, there are no bones.
- Democritus (ca. 4th century BC)
- The Holy Supper is kept, indeed,
In whatso we share with another's need,—
Not that which we give, but what we share,—
For the gift without the giver is bare;
Who bestows himself with his alms feeds three,—
Himself, his hungering neighbor, and me.
- James Russell Lowell, The Vision of Sir Launfal (1848), Pt. II, st. 8
- Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy.
- Spider Robinson, "Callahan's Law", in The Callahan Chronicals (1996) [originally published as Callahan and Company (1988)]