Sanity denotes one's mind being in a healthy condition; not deranged; acting rationally.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Sanity is madness put to good uses; waking life is a dream controlled.
- George Santayana, Interpretations of Poetry and Religion (1900)
- The criterion of mental health is not one of individual adjustment to a given social order, but a universal one, valid for all men, of giving a satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
- Erich Fromm, The Sane Society (1955)
- Love, n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage...
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
- Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Sanity may take one of only two forms: either that of ignorance, or denial.
- Derek R. Audette
- Sanity is a little box.
- The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
- The knowing, I told myself, is only a vapor of the mind, and yet it can wreck havok with one's sanity.
- Sanity is for the weak.
- Unknown, but appears as a quote from several Chaos faction units in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
- Only the Insane have Strength enough to Prosper, Only those that Prosper can truly judge what is sane
- Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
- If you are keeping your head while others around you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the whole situation.
- Unknown (parody of Rudyard Kipling's If)
- Madness is the emergency exit.
- The Joker in Alan Moore's The Killing Joke
- Sanity is the playground for the unimaginitive.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language