|This artist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It seems to me the charm of etching is the glimmering through of the white paper even in the shadows so that almost everything sparkles or suggest sparkles.
- Letter to Thomas Oldham Barlow (1876), from The Letters of Samuel Palmer, ed. Raymond Lister (Oxford, 1974)
- Rural poetry is the pleasure ground of those who live in cities.
- Introduction to Palmer's translation of Virgil's Eclogues
- When less than four years old I was standing with my nurse, Mary Ward, watching the shadows on the wall from branches of an elm behind which the moon had risen. I have never forgot those shadows and am often trying to paint them.
- The Life and Letters of Samuel Palmer, Painter and Etcher (AH Palmer, London, 1892)
- I hope to begin a new plan... not sitting down to local matter but walking and watching.
- The Life and letters of Samuel Palmer, Painter and Etcher (AH Palmer, London, 1892)
Read in another language
This page is available in 2 languages