A resistance movement is a group or collection of individual groups, dedicated to fighting an invader in an occupied country through either the use of physical force, or nonviolence.
- You may either win your peace or buy it: win it, by resistance to evil; buy it, by compromise with evil.
- John Ruskin, The Two Paths, lecture 5 (1859)
- I shall earnestly and persistently continue to urge all women to the practical recognition of the old Revolutionary maxim. “Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.”
- Susan B. Anthony, in Federal Court being tried for voting (June 18, 1873)
- The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it.
- Woodrow Wilson, Address to the New York Press Club, New York City (September 9, 1912)
- Kanye West - Heartless "they don't know what we've been through."
- Resistance to tyranny is man’s highest ideal.
- Emma Goldman, Anarchism and Other Essays, 3rd rev. ed., ch. 3 (1917)
- Resistance is feasible even for those who are not heroes by nature, and it is an obligation, I believe, for those who fear the consequences and detest the reality of the attempt to impose American hegemony.
- Noam Chomsky, In American Power and the New Mandarins (1969)
Last modified on 25 October 2012, at 22:20↑Jump back a section
- I do not hesitate one second to state clearly and unmistakably: I belong to the American resistance movement which fights against American imperialism, just as the resistance movement fought against Hitler.
- It's very, very important to understand that war is the result of a flawed peace, and we must understand the systems that are at work here. You know, we must understand that the resistance movement in Iraq is a resistance movement that all of us have to support, because it's our war, too.
- Resistance does not start with big words
But with small deeds [...]
Asking yourself a question
And then asking that question to others
That is how resistance starts.