Ran is a 1985 Jidaigeki film by famed director Akira Kurosawa.
- In a mad world, only the mad are sane!
- He gives away his house, He gives away his lands, He now holds a new title: 'Lord of the rice fields' a scarecrow!
- Man is born crying. When he has cried enough, he dies.
- Does a traitor betray himself?
- Men prefer sorrow over joy... suffering over peace!
- Hidetora: The Great Lord goes nowhere alone.
- Jiro: You renounced your power. You have no need of an escort.
- Hidetora: Only the birds and the beasts live in solitude.
- Kurogane: Saburo is not our only enemy.
- Jiro: So what? If they attack, we retaliate. We grab their land and enlarge our own.
- Kurogane: Fine words, but words don't win wars.
- Hidetora: I am lost...
- Kyoami: Such is the human condition.
Last modified on 2 May 2011, at 15:21