Prototype (video game)
Prototype is a video game about a man named Alex Mercer in a journey to find the memories of the virus outbreak.
- My name is Alex Mercer. I'm the reason for all this. They call me a killer, a monster, a terrorist. I am all of these things. Three weeks ago, someone released a deadly virus at Penn Station. I woke up in a morgue. Now I hunt. I kill. I consume, I become. I'm gonna find out who did this to me. And I'm gonna make them pay.
- They think they're in control, but they have no idea what I'm capable of.
- I wasn't paid to feel.
- NOTHING WILL PROTECT YOU FROM ME! NOT MEN, NOT WEAPONS, NOT ARMOR!
- I looked for the truth. Found it, didn't like it. Wish to hell I could forget it. Alex Mercer. This city suffered for his mistakes, for what he did at Penn Station. And who ever he was – that's a part of me now. Cause when I close my eyes, I see the memories of a thousand dead men screaming as I take their lives. Moments I'll relive forever. What have I become? Something less than human... but also something more.
- One virus, three weeks, millions dead... and I was there. My name was Alex Mercer, and my work is almost done.
- Mysterious Contact: We have less than a hour. What's next?
- Alex: The last person responsible for all of this dies tonight.
- Mysterious Contact: If we can make it out here, do you think you're ready?
- Alex: I was made for this.
- Mysterious Contact: What do you think that would gain you?
- Alex: Answers. I wanted to find out what happened to me. The reason, someone to blame, someone I could punish.
- Mysterious Contact: [about Elizabeth Greene] And was she?
- Alex: In a way.
- Alex: Karen Parker.
- Karen Parker: I thought you were dead.
- Alex: I should be.
- Mysterious Contact: Well, what did he tell you?
- Alex: McMullen? Lots of things. Some of them even true.
- Mysterious Contact: And then.
- Alex: Then? Well, then he died.
- Mysterious Contact: How did it feel to be infected with something you couldn't control?
- Alex: Like my own body wanted me dead.
- Mysterious Contact: Did you ever consider how the parasite felt? An intelligent cancer ripped from its host?
- Alex: Yeah I did. Once, right before I killed it.
- Alex: Dana, I'm sorry. I didn't know what to tell you. I need to know why. They made me this way and I need to understand.
- Dana Mercer: It's alright, Alex. It's fine. Look, no matter what, you'll still my brother.
- Alex: [about Dana] Where is she?
- Elizabeth Greene: She's with us now.
- Mysterious Contact: What was the secret?
- Alex: Penn Station was ground zero, not Elizabeth Greene. Whoever triggered the infection, whoever did this to me, I knew you could give me McMullen, and that McMullen would know.
- Mysterious Contact: Do you supposed your answer's out there in the Reagan?
- Alex: All I know is: I'll get my answer from Randall.
Last modified on 29 January 2013, at 19:29↑Jump back a section
- My name is Sergeant James Heller, and I will destroy Alex Mercer.
- [in E3 trailer] Alex Mercer, you killed my wife and my daughter. You turned me into this... monster. Now you spread the virus, and you send your pets to kill me?
- [in E3 trailer] Mercer! It would have been quick, but now, I'm gonna make you suffer!