Pretty Little Liars is an American mystery teen drama thriller television series created by Marlene King. Based on the popular series of novels written by Sara Shepard, the show premiered on June 8, 2010 on ABC Family. Its main audience is made up of pre-teen females.
- Spencer: Whoa, careful Aria. Drink too much and you'll tell us all your secrets.
- Alison: Friends share secrets. That's what keeps us close. (To Aria) Drink up.
- Wren: You probably have a fluid build-up in your bursa sack.
- Spencer: You probably say that to all the girls.
- Aria: Oh, my God.
- Hanna: It's from--
- Emily: I got one too.
- Spencer: 'I'm still here bitches.
- All: ...And I know everything. - A'
- Hanna: I cannot believe Spencer Hastings actually has time to shop. I mean, you're interning for the mayor, taking classes at Hollis, and redoing the barn. And in your leisure moments you Facebook and tweet.
- Spencer: You know me. I like to stay busy.
- Hanna: It's called a summer vacay, Spence.
- Spencer: And you spent yours sunning and shopping.
- Hanna: Tweet tweet.
- Spencer: ... Did you see the paper today?
- Hanna: (Nods) Yeah.
- Spencer: She's gone but she's everywhere...
- Melissa: I was hoping you'd be happy for me.
- Spencer: Well, you know what they say about hope. It breeds eternal misery.
- Emily: Poor Ali.
- Hanna: Can you believe what a scene this is?
- Aria: Alison would've loved it.
- Spencer: Popular in life and death.
- Aria: I heard the cops took Hanna down to the police station today.
- Spencer: You don't think she'd ever tell about--
- Hanna: The Jenna thing? We made a promise...
- Hanna: Ali, did you download the new Beyonce?
- Alison: Ugh, not yet.
- Emily: I am loving her new video.
- Alison: Maybe a little too much, Em.
- I bet he fools around with his students all the time. A lot of teachers do. Just ask your dad --A
- Poor Spencer. Always wants Melissa's boyfriends. But, remember if you kiss, I tell. --A
- Maya: They found your friend...
- Emily: I knew she'd come back. Is she inside--
- Maya: Emily... They found Alison's body...
The Jenna Thing [1.02]Edit
- Emily: If a Hastings has a shot, she takes a shot.
- Maya: Is that a drinking game?
- Spencer: Yeah , it should be.
- Maya: Yup, new girl moved in to dead girl's house... I can't believe I just said that...
- Spencer: I can't believe you just said that, either...
Maya: I think Brad Pitt and I are missing the same sensitivity chip.
- Emily: Maybe I'm not the person everyone thinks I am.
- Hanna: Who is?
- Did you get a goodnight kiss? Here's one from me. XO --A
- Dead girls walking.-A
- Maya: (About Spencer) She's intense.
- Emily: If you knew her parents, you'd understand.
To Kill a Mocking Girl [1.03]Edit
- Spencer: It's probably just a rabbit.
- Hanna: Hello?
- Spencer: It's a rabbit, Hanna. It's not gonna answer you.
- Heads up, BFFs. It's open season on liars and I'm hunting. --A
- Jenna: Whisper, whisper, whisper. It's almost like Alison is still here.
- Spencer: I made some pasta if you're hungry.
- Melissa: I'm not eating pasta. I don't wanna be depressed AND fat.
- Maya: I skipped scary and went straight to Snooki.
Can You Hear Me Now? [1.04]Edit
- Hanna: (to Sean) What are you doing with that skinny latte who drives you around?
- Spencer: I spy with my little eye something that begins with F.
- Hanna: Hey Mr. Fitz!
- Spencer: Looking good Mr. Fitz! Now, there are teachers you don't wanna see on a bike, and teachers that you do wanna see on a bike.
- Hanna: I would not wanna see Mr. Glory on a bike.
- Aria: I saw you riding around town the other day...on your bike.
- Ezra: Yeah, I waved, remember? I would have stopped, but you weren't alone.
- Aria: Yeah, my friends, thought you had nice legs.
- Ezra: What do you think?
- Aria: That I was embarrassed that my friends thought you had nice legs.
- Spencer: (about Toby) Maybe he took a break from sitting on his porch and pulling the heads off of squirrels.
- Hanna: If you're gonna cheat, you might as well do it with someone who deep conditions her hair occasionally.
- Spencer: Here. Put something in your mouth besides your foot.
- Maya: (to Emily) I care about you, so I'll wait. You don't need to say anything. You just need to know that.
- Wren: (to Spencer) I was telling the truth- I wish I'd met you first.
- Toby: Notice how much we keep saying 'sorry' to each other.
- Emily: Sorry.
- Wren: Your face is very fair.
- Spencer: How about some black coffee?
- Wren: I've been drinking scotch. I'd rather not mix my beverages.
- Lucky you, Aria! Most girls have to do their homework, you get to do the teacher. --A
Reality Bites Me [1.05]Edit
- It won't be that easy, Bitches - A
There's No Place Like Homecoming [1.06]Edit
- Lions and tigers and bitches, oh my! There's no place like homecoming. See you there --A
- Aria: How did I just go from wearing mom jeans to being Samantha Ronson?
- Spencer: What are you gonna do instead?
- Aria: I'll just read these, then inhale a gallon of Chunky Monkey.
- Maya: Dance music isn't really my thing. I'm not really gaga for Gaga.
- Mona: If we start slipping up, you and I will be right back at the bottom again.
- Hanna: Yeah, well, I feel like I lost a few things on the way up.
- Spencer: Where's Alex?
- Melissa: He left.
- Spencer: What?
- Melissa: He left. Do you need me to tweet it to you?
The Homecoming Hangover [1.07]Edit
- Lucas: I didn't mean to invade your personal... skin.
- Hanna: It's okay. The leprosy cleared up.
- Spencer: You taking something for the pain?
- Emily: Yeah, but nothing that dulls my mother.
- Spencer: You stole sunglasses? From who?
- Hanna: Not from a person. From a store. God, I have some class.
- Jenna: I'm kept quiet about a lot, Emily. The least you can do is get me that file. You owe me that much.
- Spencer: The devil has a name and it's Toby.
- Hanna: I really can't afford to take more field trips to the precinct.
- Spencer: You stole sunglasses? From who?
- Hanna: Not from a person, from a store! God, I have some class!
- Aria: (to her dad) Are you moving out? Just tell me now, I don't wanna find out when I'm setting the table.
- Sean: (to Hanna after her cell phone rings) Go ahead, answer it. I'm sure it's someone who pulls rank over me.
Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone [1.08]Edit
- Alison: It's immortality, my darlings.
- Aria: (about Jason DiLaurentis) How did he get into an Ivy League school?
- Spencer: It must have been affirmative action for goths and emos.
- Ashley: This is a one paycheck family, and we live a two-paycheck life.
The Perfect Storm [1.09]Edit
- Emily: (about Alison) I loved her as more than a friend.
- Hanna: (to Mona) I think you're the one who needs a trip to Oz. See if the Wizard can find you a heart.
- Aria: Where are you going?
- Emily: To the restroom. But if you guys don't believe me, we can all try to squeeze into one stall.
- Mona: (to Lucas) You can go now. This beauty doesn't need a beast.
- Aria: I'm not looking for anyone more than a friend.
- Hanna: Why? I mean, don't you already have enough on Facebook?
- Hanna: Spencer, you do not need to know any more big words. You're already scary enough to anyone under 50.
- Spencer: I am not scary! ... (To Aria) Am I scary?
- Aria: ... A little.
- There's only so much you can bury, Emily. You're not done with me yet. --A
- Define desertion. Seems like you're about to lose Emily. Who's next? --A
- Hanna: (To Detective Wilden) Give her back the letter. Give it back or I swear to God, I will rip your head off!
Keep Your Friends Close [1.10]Edit
- Aria: Are you sure you gonna be okay?
- Hanna: Aria, I went to fat camp for five summers. I can handle some woods.
- Mona: (about her gifts) Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll love it. And if not, I'll return it!
- Toby: I spent a year in reform school. I've got friends in all the wrong places, and misery loves company.
- Melissa: I actually had a good time with Ian.
- Spencer: Wow. I will alert TMZ.
- Spencer: You're as in the dark as Jenna, looking for me in all the wrong places. --A
- Emily: Well, if this is the wrong place then what is the right place?
- She knew too much. --A
Moments Later [1.11]Edit
- Spencer: (about Aria and Ezra's relationship) Part of me thinks that's really self-destructive behavior, but most of me just thinks that's really hot.
- A (message on Hanna's cast): Sorry about losing my temper. My bad. Love, A.
- Emily: Well, whose car was it?
- Aria: ... Ezra Fitz...
- Spencer: Mr. Fitz?
- Emily: Aria?
- Spencer: Hanna...?
Salt Meets Wound [1.12]Edit
- Aria: (about bumper sticker on Hanna's leg) Next time try something mellower, like 'Save the Planet.'
- Spencer: Sorry, but there were not a lot of choices okay? It was either Humpty Dumpty or 'Jesus is coming, look busy.'
Lucas: Yeah, I'm kinda off studying. This semester I'm planning on going from honor roll to toilet bowl.
Know your Frenimies [1.13]Edit
- 'A' is for Alison not Amateur. --A
- Aria: A saved my relationship...
- Hanna: Yeah, well A tried to kill me.
- Don't say I never gave you anything, turn on your computer. --A
Careful What U Wish 4 [1.14]Edit
- Hanna: (about Emily's flask) Where did you get that? ... This is mine.
- Emily: I helped myself.
- Hanna: To all of it?
- Wanna keep mommy out of prison? I have job for you. --A
- Job description: Heartbreaker. $200 for every dance with Lucas. --A
- You have his heart, now rip it out! $1000 for the last dance. --A
- Emily: (To Spencer when she tries to open her door for her) I can open my own damn door!
If at First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again. [1.15]Edit
- Emily: (About Paige McCullers) She made a comment about me being gay.
- Spencer: I will destroy her.
- Aria: Can I help?
- Wanna help mama make some $$$$$ Show Mrs. Montgomery what her kid's been hiding. --A
- Hanna: (To Caleb) You know what? Just don't talk about the Biebs, okay. You don't know the Biebs, you don't understand the Biebs. Or his hair.
- Ezra: Are you dissappointed that the artist didn't show?
- Aria: No, the only person that I cared about seeing is you.
- Aria: When I first saw the limo, I thought I was gonna have to ride in the trunk.
Je Suis Une Ami [1.16]Edit
Caleb's quiet, but how R U gonna shut ME up? --A
- Aria: (To Hanna) Why are we sitting with Caleb?
- Hanna: Why not?
- Spencer: Hanna, I like stray dogs too, but sometimes they bite.
- Hanna: Well, don't worry, okay? This dog's has it's shots.
- Hanna: Go Emily!
- Aria: She's not swimming yet...
- Spencer: I think someone framing you.
- Toby: What made you change your mind?
- Spencer: I think someone may be trying to do the same thing to me.
- Caleb: Remind me again, which one's Bridgett?
- Hanna: Bridgett is the one drinking from her purse.
The New Normal [1.17]Edit
- Jenna: Toby, did you hear? We can get that awful thing off your leg now. The cab's waiting.
- Toby: Actually, I already have a ride.
- Jenna: Emily.
- Spencer: No, it's me.
- Jenna: Spencer... It's really very nice of you but I'm here now.
- Toby: I'm going with Spencer.
- Jenna: I see...
- Hanna: (To Aria) I don't like what knowing what I'm capable of.
- Spencer: (On the phone) Where are you?
- Aria: What are you talking about, I'm right here.
- Spencer: (Hears sirens) Any firetruck you can here at your house, I can hear at mine-- Oh my God! Are you in his apartment? Are you on the bed...?
- Aria: (Gets off the bed) No. I'm not... On the bed.
- Spencer: Is he there?
- Aria: Not exactly.
- Spencer: Is he taking a shower?
- Aria: He's getting take-out food for dinner! And this call is becoming very 1-900...
- Spencer: To talk to a hot english teacher press 3...
- Aria: Call ending now.
- Spencer: I'm sorry last night was a bust--
- Toby: It wasn't a complete bust... Plus, it was kinda fun to kick your ass in Scrabble.
- Spencer: It wasn't a complete ass kicking.
- Jenna is gonna be sooooo pissed! --A
The Badass Seed [1.18]Edit
- Hanna: Why isn't she wearing any shoes?
- Spencer: So she can look small enough to play an 8 year old...
- Spencer: (To Hanna) You didn't read the entire play? (Looks at Aria)
- Aria: Hey, don't look at me, I'm just here to make her look taller.
- Jenna: I find evil so... Inspiring.
- Mr. Fitz: Uh... Inspiring?
- Hanna: (To Aria about Ezra) Is that the tie you bought him?
- Aria: Stop.
- Mona: What gives, Velma? Did you have a nasty dream last night about Shaggy?
- Hanna:I was in the shower with him
- Mona: Talk about a wet dream.
- Hanna: No, it wasn't a dream... He took a shower at my place.
- Mona: (Gasp) Did you lose your V-card?
- Hanna: No! Okay, I'm just... confused.
- Alison: Note to self: Don't drink and dive.
- Alison: The bolder the move, the less anyone questions it.
Person of Interest [1.19]Edit
- Spencer: I feel like whole parts of my brain have shut down... I used to like Alegebra-- or a least I understood it... And now it's a mess.
- Emily: Well, it can get really abstract.
- Spencer: Yeah, but that's I liked about it. X's, Y's, Z's-- none of it real. And I could deal with that. Just... Isolate the X factor. And now I feel like I'm the X factor...
- You're getting colder... --A
Someone to Watch Over Me [1.20]Edit
- Emily: Why an owl?
- Hanna: It's symbolic.
- Emily: Of.. what?
- Hanna: Of our first night together. We... Heard owls.
- Aria: Swooping down to carry off their prey?
- Toby: Do me a favor.
- Spencer: Anything.
- Toby: If you ever think about running away again... Call me first.
Monsters in the End [1.21]Edit
- Ezra: Are you gonna torture me because I gave somebody else a ring? Aria, seriously, it wasn't even a karat!
- Em! You definitely have a type: Love me. Lie for me. --A
For Whom the Bell Tolls [1.22]Edit
- Hanna: You're not going to be mad at me forever are you?
- Lucas: Probably.
- Caleb: Why are you doing this?
- Lucas: Because Hanna has the right to be happy.
- Aria:It's not from Spencer, it's from A... It's for all of us: 'Buckle up, bitches nothing is as it seems.' --A
- Aria: Did you really leave your mom a note?
- Hanna: Yeah, 'Dear Mommy, I went to the woods to trap a killer.'
- Hanna: How do you know that?
- Spencer: Don't you watch CNN?
- Hanna: ...
- Spencer: No need to answer that.
- Aria: Oh my God.
- Emily: Does this mean--
- Spencer: 'It's not over until I say it is--
- Hanna: Sleep tight, bitches--
- All: While you still can. --A
It's Alive [2.01]Edit
- Caleb Rivers: I should have told you in person, I just... I had never said the things that I was feeling, and I didn't feel that I could say those things without making a complete ass of myself. Pretty much like I am right now... So I wrote you a letter. And in the letter I said I was sorry. Most of my life, I have felt alone, even when I was with people... that was until I met you.
The Goodbye Look [2.02]Edit
- Aria Montgomery: Don't you read the newspaper or watch the news?
- Mona Vanderwall: No.
- Emily Fields: If lying was a crime, we'd all be in jail.
My Name Is Trouble [2.03]Edit
- Toby: I love you so much.
- Spencer: I wanted to say that first.
- Emily: Sometimes when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
- Spencer: Why are you talking like Ben Franklin?
Blind Dates [2.04]Edit
- Lucas: I'm completely off my game.
- Hanna: You don't have any game.
- Spencer: We should take a photo of Ian, prove we haven't been making this all up.
- Hanna: Yeah, well, you go ahead and do that, while I try not to get killed.
The Devil You Know [2.05]Edit
- Hanna: [Wearing a tight short red dress.] So, mom, I need your opinion.
- Ashley: Absolutely not.
- Hanna: What? I haven't even asked you yet.
- Ashley: Hanna, it's a funeral, not a Nicki Minaj concert.
- Hanna: So what? I can't dance on his grave? Can I at least throw confetti?
Never Letting Go [2.06]Edit
- Spencer: Mona is five feet of insidious snark with a side ponytail, and I just -- I wanna grab it, and I wanna yank it really, really hard.
- Spencer: You don't paper over windows unless you're a vampire.
- Aria [on giant coffee mug]: I just wanted to drink it. Not swim laps.
Surface Tension [2.07]Edit
- Hanna: Is this a gay thing?
- Emily: No. It's a brain thing.
- Emily: This is me relaxed.
- Hanna: We're gonna have to work on that.
Save the Date [2.08]Edit
- Hanna: Jenna can't hear us; she's blind...You know what I mean.
- Hanna: Em, easy. You're already wearing
more pain cream than clothes.
- Ezra: Here I was hoping you'd be at the potter's wheel, so I could wrap my arms around you and hum "Unchained Melody."
- Hanna: Maybe he's just bringing raw meat to Jenna's cat.
- Spencer: Toby lives there, too, and they don't have a cat.
- Hanna: Then maybe he was bringing over raw meat for Jenna.
Picture This [2.09]Edit
- Emily: Can we get out of here? My goosebumps are getting goosebumps.
- Ashley: No girlfriends allowed in the bedroom. Just girl... friends.
- Hanna: Jenna is scary enough with four senses. Can you imagine what she'd do to us with all five?
- Hanna: You've barely eaten since we left the hospital, and licking the salt off pretzels does not count as lunch.
- Hanna: You love zombie movies.
- Emily: I like watching them. I don't wanna be in one.
Touched by an 'A'-ngel [2.10]Edit
- Hanna: You are not starved! You just had a whole bowl of jellybeans.
- Mona: They were complimentary.
- Ashley: Hanna, compassion.
- Hanna: I have it, just not in the morning.
- Ezra: It's time to tell people about us. I think we should tell your parents first because they should hear it from us.
- Hanna: If it wasn't for Isa the skank, my dad would be with my mom right now and she wouldn't be alone.
- Spencer: Do you need to take another shower?
- Emily: I think five is enough.
- Hanna: I'm gonna pick out my college, the same way I pick out my clothes. From a catalog.
- Hanna: What do you think?
- Mona: Hold on. Let me stop dry heaving first.
- Spencer: I know every club. I came close to joining The Madrigals.
- Hanna: If it needs a tent, it's a circus.
- Ashley: Says the girl who woke up at 4 a.m. for the Royal Wedding.
- Hanna: I had to pee.
- Ashley: For three hours?
I Must Confess [2.11]Edit
- Aria: You're giving her a book of horse pictures?
- Hanna: Yeah, it's classier than a calendar.
- Spencer: No, classy would be buying something new, Hanna.
- Hanna: As soon as I get more than shrimp in my stomach, you're gonna be in a world of pain.
- Kate: We'll see.
- Emily [to Jenna]: Could you please move your stick? There are people trying to get past you.
- Spencer: I am now officially done eating. Forever.
Over My Dead Body [2.12]Edit
- Spencer: "A" is being our ultimate "frenemy", forcing us to get what we want, but knowing that when we do...
- Hanna: All hell breaks loose.
- Caleb: Hanna, what's wrong?
- Hanna: Ask me what's right if you want a shorter answer.
- Alison: Two can only keep a secret if one of them is dead.
- Spencer: I think Hanna's about to need a getaway car.
- Caleb [to Kate]: That's a very pretty dress. But you should know, it gives you back fat.
- Spencer: I've never actually known a guy who carried a hankie.
- Aria: We all get it wrong sometimes.
- Spencer: I found a way to survive my secrets, but everyone I care about gets hurt.
- Hanna: You don't think her ear is in here do you?
- Emily: That's a big box for an ear.
The First Secret [2.13]Edit
- Alison (to Emily): Were you wishing you could taste her Cherry Chapstick?
- Lucas: It was just an accident.
- Alison: Is that what the doctors told your mom dad at the hospital?
- Alison: Shy in the streets, sexy in the sheets.
Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares [2.14]Edit
- Ezra: I'm in love with your daughter. I love Aria.
- Jackie: Don't be angry.
- Ezra: Angry doesn't begin to describe how I feel about you right now.
- Hanna: Any sense of boobs?
- Spencer: Hanna!
- Hanna: What? It could be a clue.
A Hot Piece of 'A' [2.15]Edit
- Spencer: That was my Nana's couch.
- Hanna: Spencer, stop giving us orders. We're not your winged monkeys.
- Emily: These are not highlights, Hanna. This is glass in my hair.
Let the Water Hold Me Down [2.16]Edit
- Mona (to Spencer): You're like smart-smart. I always thought you were just book-smart.
- Hanna: God! Why isn't anyone allowed to have a damn secret?
- Holden: Laugh now, but I'll be sending you a hand-written "thank you" note for letting me interrupt your conversation.
The Blonde Leading the Blind [2.17]Edit
- Toby (to Wren): I may have broken my left arm, but my right arm is fine.
- Ezra: Life isn't always romantic. Sometimes, it's realistic.
- Emily: You're lucky I don't take that stick...
- Jenna: Careful, Emily!
A Kiss Before Lying [2.18]Edit
- Aria (on Noel): He's been going through girls in this school like they're Kleenex.
- Ashley: Can we talk about the elephant in the room?
- Hanna: Kate is not an elephant; she's a snake and she's going to my school.
- Spencer: We're not even standing that close to you.
- Caleb: Really? Then how do I know that you had a cheeseburger for lunch?
The Naked Truth [2.19]Edit
- Mona: Congratulations hon, you're back on the team! If I had a pom pom, i'd shake it.
- Mona: Honey, you can't be a shark if you're toothless.
- Aria: Yeah, I don't know about her fortunes, but that lady with the tube top makes really good apple butter.
- Aria: Can I touch it?
- Spencer: Yeah, it's a raincoat, Aria. It's not a mummy
- Caleb: I've got a hotspot in my pocket.
- Hanna: Yeah, I know, but what does that have to do with computers?
- Ella: Second guessing her every move is starting to feel a little extreme.
- Byron: No, dating your English teacher is extreme.
- Hanna: I am thinking! This is me thinking! And molting!
- Spencer: You're taking to long Hanna just control A.
- Hanna: I'm going as fast as I can!
- Spencer: It's not fast enough, Hanna, Just control A! Control A.
- Hanna: What the hell do you think I'm trying to do?!
- Spencer: No, hit CTRL A...on the keyboard!
Breaking the Code [2.21]Edit
- Mona: If I could live through Alison DiLaurentis and her non-stop torture, I can handle some radioactive texting.
- Wren: My family has issues too.
- Spencer: Oh really, like what? Did someone spread their butter with a steak knife?
- Aria: What exactly are we doing here cause I really don't feel like having a tea party with the two of you?
Father Knows Best [2.22]Edit
- Mona: Which one of you girls is best at hiding the truth from someone who's close to you?
- Spencer, Hanna, and Emily: Her!
- Aria: Wow, thanks guys.
- Mike: If your relationship is so much trouble, why not just let it go?
- Aria: Look, when you love someone. It's worth fighting for, no matter what the odds.
- Mona: You know they say the punishment's supposed to fit the crime, but this community service gig is like the ninth circle of hell.
- Aria: So, what? I got chased by a hobo for nothing
Eye of the Beholder [2.23]Edit
- Spencer: If only we could harness Mona's sense of entitlement. We could light the eastern seaboard.
- Hanna: I can't go around without a phone. That's like going around without a brain or shoes.
- Mona: Frankly, I'd like to take that cane and whack her like a pinata.
If These Dolls Could Talk [2.24]Edit
- Emily: I think that Ali is holding all of our brains hostage and
we won't be able to sleep until we find out what really happened to her.
- Hanna: What's next? Hiding in Melissa's closet? Rubbing her belly until the baby confesses?
- Aria: We don't need to get all freaked out over a newsflash from Casper the friendly host.
- Hanna: What's in the bag?
- Mona: Shower gel. I need to scrub off ten layers of shame.
- Anne: I never thought I'd find the strength to come back here, but your friend showed up and he was very convincing. I help people push through their fears, but he helped me push through mine.
- Spencer: Wait, our friend?
- [Anne motions them over to Toby, standing by his truck. He and Spencer walk to each other]
- Toby: Pretending not to love you was the hardest thing I've ever done.
- Spencer: Come on, we're team Sparia.
- Aria (about Ezra's bed ;): Hanna, do you mind? It's kind of sacred ground.
- Emily, Spencer, and Hanna: It is?!?
- Emily: Guys, I don't trust Melissa as far as I can throw her and Ian's fetus.
- Spencer: Hide and seek was my favorite game with Melissa. You want to know why? I always won.
- Aria: I don't know about you guys, but A talking about body bags makes me very nervous.
It Happened That Night [3.01]Edit
- Spencer: Melissa is a Hastings, we bounce back like super balls.
- Garrett: You're not safe Spencer, and your friends aren't either. It's not over.
- Mona played with dolls, I play with body parts. Game on bitches - A.
- Aria: That "Girl Interrupted" thing could just be an act to keep her out of jail.
- Hanna [about Lucas]: It's no coincidence that he turned dark after the masquerade ball.
- Spencer [to Toby]: Okay I know it was my idea to wait, but right now I'm just completely forgetting why.
- Hanna [to Mona]: I wanna know what I did to make you hate me so much!!!!!
- Ezra: You're still safe Aria. There's no more A.
- Hanna: If I never see another shovel again it'll be too soon.
- Emily: You got an internship at Vera Wang?
- Hanna: Yeah but I changed my mind, it turns out they want you to work for free.
Blood is the New Black [3.02]Edit
- Hanna: You know what Mona? If I had told the police that you mowed me down with your car, you would not be here getting a piece of peach pie everyday to wash down your meds. You'd be sharing a jail cell with someone calling you peach pie while you braid her back hair!
- Spencer [about Jenna]: She doesn't know we know!
- Hanna: I'm having ambiguous loss!
- Spencer: Are you ready to explain every lie we've ever told since Ali died?
- Aria: It wasn't enough to steal her bones, now we're gonna get pieces of her delivered to us?
- Hanna [to Mona]: I didn't come here to play beauty shop!
- Aria [to Emily]: When we picked you up, you kept calling me Arlene.
- Aria: I'm ready to hang a sign, bitch can see!
- Garrett: Somebody you know well has you completely fooled. People lie, but medical records don't.
Kingdom of the Blind [3.03]Edit
- Emily: I'm really tired of everyone treating me like I'm made out of glass.
- Jenna: I am still a target!
- Hanna [to Jenna]: Wow Jenna, what a sight for sore eyes.
- Mona: So tell me, did they ever find what was left of Alison?
- Hanna [to Mona]: We thought you being in here was the end of it, but it's not. And you know that. The question is, how do you know?
- Emily: I am way more angry than I am scared now.
- Aria: Can I borrow some of that?
- Spencer: Mom what are you doing? This is the man who killed in my best friend. He killed the girl Emily was in love with.
- Emily: You're not paranoid if someone's really out to get you.
- Caleb: The last word a guy wants a girl to describe him with is sweet.
- Hanna: Fine, now he's a sour patch kid.
- Spencer: Hanna, you have all the subtlety of a hand grenade.
- Hanna: Thank you!
- Hanna: You're open to date but you're not open for business.
Birds of a Feather [3.04]Edit
- Caleb: I feel like I only exist in half of your life, and that's not good enough for me.
- Hanna: Right, roger that.
- Aria: Roger that?
- Hanna: What? We're on a mission.
- Hanna: You know what they say: if the feather fits.
- Aria: Hanna, it's the shoe, if the shoe fits.
- Hanna: Why are you looking at pictures of bald fat men?
- Aria: I'm looking for a guy for my mom. I don't know I just thought that she could try online dating.
- Hanna: She's divorced, not desperate.
That Girl Is Poison [3.05]Edit
- Spencer (on Garrett): So he's finally chosen some flowers, which are hideous and tacky and mostly carnations, but there's not really much selection around here, so...
- Paige: I'm not drunk. I'm hungry and your cupcakes taste like old pennies.
- Hanna: That bra over there kinda put me off my feed.
- Spencer (on Jenna): How can you miss her? She's been gliding around school all day like a Thanksgiving float.
- Ashley: Do you have plans tomorrow?
- Hanna: Uh, yeah. I'm going to listen to every sad song I've ever downloaded on repeat.
- Spencer: He's your boyfriend, Aria. He's not a baby squirrel.
- Aria: I was just trying to do the right thing.
- Spencer: Totally wrong. Look, I've been there, I've done that. Every time you baby squirrel Ezra, you're taking away his nuts.
- Aria: You did not just say that.
The Remains of the A [3.06]Edit
- Spencer: With Ali, I keep peeling, I just always seem to find new layers.
- Spencer: Just be careful and wear sensible shoes.
- Hanna: I wear three inches or I wear nothing.
- Aria: I was just trying to remember how much reward money Jason offered
- Spencer: 50,000 dollars. Why?
- Aria: And that was in cash right?
- Spencer: Yeah.
- Aria:Did he just have all that money lying around his house?
- Spencer: Well I doubt it.
- Aria: But if someone did, would it be weird?
- Spencer: If you had that much money lying around you'd probably also have a bomb shelter. And like five years worth of dehydrated meat... Or you're a criminal.
- Spencer: Hanna, will you slow down? I almost tripped over a catheter back there that was still attached to someone.
- CeCe: It's not like we a shot a unicorn; we're helping your friend out.
- Emily: What are you doing? She used to be blind.
- Aria: Hanna, friends don't let friends sneak into insane asylums alone.
- Ella(to Aria): Wait, why am I asking you? You wear forks as earrings.
- Hanna: What's up with your mom?
- Aria: She's a slut, let's just go to sleep.
- Mona: I missed my dolls.
- Aria: You gave tweezers to a mental patient?
Stolen Kisses [3.08]Edit
- Aria: What should I wear? I have to look insanely sophisticated for this.
- Emily: How about a "Hello Kitty" t-shirt?
- Ezra (on Aria): She was talking to you the last time I saw her.
- Ezra's Mother: Maybe it's past her bedtime.
- Caleb: So I should probably wash it on gentle.
- Spencer: No, you should dry clean it. If you wash this, you will end up with a sweater for a shih-tzu.
- Emily (on Maya): Guess I don't know her as well as thought I did.
The Kahn Game [3.09]Edit
- Caleb: For the record, I am going to help you stop A, and I'm not asking for your permission.
- Spencer: These are my most collegiate-looking blazers.
- Aria: Kind of lying here despondently right now, Spence.
- Spencer: Well, can you just sit despondently? I need the bed.
- Aria: No, lying is more despondent.
- Aria: I think you're confusing which Scooby Doo character would have gotten into an Ivy League.
- Aria: Why are you not all "go-go gadget" about this? This is big!
What Lies Beneath [3.10]Edit
- Emily: Lying to Toby is like lying to the Dalai Lama.
- Spencer: B is for bad.
- Aria (to Ezra): Are we still fighting without actually fighting?
- Hanna: I don't think she was gutting fish
Single Fright Female [3.11]Edit
- Hanna: Um, Nate, she's gay. She dated your cousin.
- Ezra: How do you guys feel about Supertramp?
- Aria and Wesley: Who?
- Ezra: That's what I thought.
- Spencer: Don't think that was a love dunk.
- Spencer: I don't remember you in Mama Mia.
- Hanna: Good because I looked fat and hideous, and I had to stand next to a cardboard goat.
The Lady Killer [3.12]Edit
- Hanna: Paige wasn't in Spanish today. Yo hablo sicko.
- Hanna: Things just went from worse to worser.
- Aria: I really feel like I'm about to rattle the cage of a sleeping giant.
- Emily: Three against one, A wins.
- Spencer: Uh, drugging yourself is the best alibi ever. Classic Sharon Stone movie.
This Is a dark Ride [3.13]Edit
- Hanna: You kiss pretty good for a man without his spleen.
- Aria: Playing dress up for your man on Halloween is one thing. You do it any other night, you end up on an afternoon talk show.
- Spencer: You make it so hard to be a modern post-feminist when you get so alpha male.
She's Better Now [3.14]Edit
- Ezra (to Aria): You'll be fine, just change your shoes.
- Hanna: What'd you do with the basket?
- Aria: I trashed it. Why did you want the jelly beans?
- Spencer(on Mona and Jason): Okay, he's basically hugging a hand grenade.
- Hanna: Face it, Caleb. We were never "under the radar."
- Meredith: You are in this class to discuss American history, not mine, got it?
- Aria: Well, I'll tell you what, she sneaks in my house past midnight, I'm sleeping with a crowbar under my pillow.
- Toby: You know I could come with you, and I could rub your shoulders between rounds and wrap your knuckles and hold your spit bucket.
- Spencer: If she's going to dip back into the A-bag to scare me off the decathlon team, she's got another thing coming.
- Hanna: Is being captain brainiac really that important?
- Andrew Campbell: Put on your Hastings face and spank her tomorrow night like I know you can.
- Hanna: I have enough daddy-issues of my own. I can't deal with having issues about hers too.
Misery Loves Company [3.16]Edit
- Hanna: I have to borrow Emily for some girl talk. Not girl on girl talk, just girl talk.
- Mona: Fear cuts deeper than a sword.
- Mona: That bitch can keep a secret. I respect that.
- Spencer: Is this what you're looking for?
- Toby: Spencer. How long have you known?
- Spencer's mom: Spencer? Hi, honey. Is everything okay? Honey what is it?
- Spencer: Mommy!
- Spencer: Is she threatening to cut your face off?
- Emily: Or throw acid at her.
- Hanna: You guys, come on.
- Spencer: I know you're in there. Will you... Will you just tell me that what I saw tonight wasn't real? Please! Just tell me that there's more to this story That there's something that I don't know. Please. Please, Toby Please, Toby.
Out of the Frying Pan into the Inferno [3.17]Edit
- Hanna: I always hated biology. I mean who cares how a cell divides, it just does.
- Aria: I wake up every morning with the intention of telling him, and then I go to sleep every night feeling guilty that I didn't.
- Hanna: At least you have your afternoons free.
- Hanna(to Aria): Wow, that's like the world's fattest man giving dieting tips.
- Ashley: Has Caleb been tangling with Mona?
- Hanna: Tangling? I don't even know what that means.
Dead to Me [3.18]Edit
- Spencer: Is she "Saint Ali" now? Are her bones holy relics or something?
- Aria(to Spencer): We're your friends; we're not your punching bags.
- Wes: I once killed a cactus. I thought the only way you could do that was with a gun.
- Emily: Sometimes things look bad, and they're really not. Sometimes there's another explanation for what's going on.
- Spencer: And what if that explanation is even worse?
- Aria: "Unable are the loved to die for love is immortality."
- Hanna: That's creepy.
- Aria: It's Emily Dickinson.
- Hanna: I don't care if it's Santa Claus, considered me creeped.
What Becomes of the Broken Hearted [3.19]Edit
- Mona: And who's looking cray-cray now, Spencer?
- Andrew: Busy?
- Spencer: Yeah, I was just about to put out a new doormat that said, "Go away!"
- Aria: Our best friend is at home chewing her elbows and you're horse shopping?
- Aria: Pretty sure when you and Caleb broke up you locked yourself in your bedroom for two weeks and all you ate was Eskimo pies.
- Hanna: They were skinny cows, and it was four days.
- Hanna: I think we would know if Spencer was here. People would be running for cover.
- Andrew: Umm..hello.
- Spencer: Hi.
- Andrew: What are you doing here?
- Spencer: Oh Andrew. I didn't recognize you in clothes.
Hot Water [3.20]Edit
- Aria: Ezra's back, and so is Ms. Fitz-scary
- Hanna: Did you tell Paige that she almost got two Emilys for the price of one?
- Hanna: Seriously? You're looking for sympathy from the girl who's boyfriend took a bullet in the gut?
- Emily: George Washington has dreadlocks on like half my tips.
- Hanna (on CeCe): She's a one-woman rumor factory.
Out of Sight, Out of Mind [3.21]Edit
- Emily (to Aria): You're suppose to stop her from doing stupid things like this, not help.
- Mona: Looks like someone's been skipping their anger management class.
- Spencer: You need to stop thinking about Toby as the person that you thought you knew and start looking at him for who he really is.
Will the Circle Be Unbroken [3.22]Edit
- Hanna: You know, Emily, sometimes you poke the bear, and other times the bear pokes. *sigh* It's from a movie.
- Eddie: You're suppose to have amnesia.
- Spencer: Well, if I do I certainly don't remember it.
- Aria: It's not like New York is in some other country.
- Hanna: New York is on another planet.
- Hanna: There's a downside to being too smart.
- Spencer: Why do you even bother coming to church?
- Ali: I like to cover my bets.
- Aria: A's been turning the screws so long one of us was bound to snap a string.
- Spencer: I knew who I was when they found me. I knew that my family and friends would be worried. I just — I wanted to fold up and stop. I didn't want to think anymore.
- Anne: You were overwhelmed.
- Spencer: Yeah, well, I wasn't Spencer Hastings for almost a whole day and nobody else showed up to take the job, so, I guess I'm stuck with it.
- Anne: Because you're the only person in the world that can be you.
- Spencer: You don't have to rub it in. I'm sorry, this can't be very entertaining. There are people here with real problems.
- Anne: Just like you.
- Spencer: Yeah. Just like me. I...I fell down. In the woods. When I was running, I fell down and I looked at the ground and I saw my hand and my sleeve and the little button on my sleeve and some dirt and an old acorn, and I said to myself, "OK, if this is the last thing I ever see, I can handle that. I'm done. I've had enough." But it wasn't the last thing that I saw. I just kept going. How do you keep going when the worst thing has happened? What do you have to change inside to survive? Who do you have to become? I'm sorry. I don't expect you guys to understand. You don't know me. [From her point of view, she sees Emily, Aria and Hanna sitting across from her] I'm sorry, but that's true. You don't know who I am anymore. And you can't count on me.
I'm Your Puppet [3.23]Edit
- Alison: Oh honey, you didn't even know me when you knew me.
- Emily: Cars don't float. If they did, pilgrims would have driven here.
- Hanna: I smell dead people.
- Hanna: I would not dine here if were you. I had to sneak around in that kitchen, and I saw a roach big enough to wear an apron.
- Hanna: Shuffling around in Mona's old slippers isn't going to get her any better.
- Spencer: They don't make a loofah that scraps out the inside of your head.
A DAngerous GAme [3.24]Edit
- Toby: What we had was real.I've been pretending to work with Mona,so I can keep you safe.I need you to believe me.
- Spencer: You gotta love the Hastings. I just get released from a mental hospital, and they welcome my friends with tea and crumpets.
- Spencer: You know how I feel about hope. It breeds eternal misery.
- Spencer: She wanted to break me so she could put me back together like her own Humpty-Dumpty.
- Aria: Spencer went in there at rock bottom and she came out like a shiny new penny.
- Hanna: Are you thinking shock treatment?
A Is for A-L-I-V-E [4.01]Edit
- Hanna: You were on the Halloween train dressed like Caleb.
- Mona: To think we were this close to our first kiss.
- Spencer: The cat plays with the mouse before she actually eats it.noodle.
Turn of the Shoe [4.02]Edit
- Hanna: Okay, we are not a herd.
- Aria: It's an expression.
- Hanna: Yeah, for cows.
- Aria: Well I've been crated, what does that make me?
- Hanna: [on Wilden] I mean I wanted him gone, and I'll probably go to hell for saying that, but...
- Ashley: I hope not; then you'll have to see him again.
Cat's Cradle [4.03]Edit
Face Time [4.04]Edit
Gamma Zeta Die! [4.05]Edit
- Spencer: Mom, I am not a sofa!
- Aria: Don't even bring up that singing canary.
- Spencer: Parrot.
- Aria: Whatever.
- Ella: Do not use this weekend to discover beer pong.
Under the Gun [4.06]Edit
- Emily: Mona may not be A, but she's definitely still a B.
- Aria: I don't care who said what to who, but we need all brains on board and we are down ONE!
- Hanna: Well I'm ruining my mom's life, so that's got to count for something!
- Aria: Ew, taste this, it's disgusting.
- Spencer: No, you just spit in it.
Crash & Burn, Girl [4.07]Edit
- Aria: They were just stacked on his nightstand like, "Hmm, what do I want to watch tonight, Jimmy Kimmel or boobs?"
- Hanna: She can't just disappear; this isn't Hogwarts. There's only so many halls and classrooms.
The Guilty Girl's Handbook [4.08]Edit
- Hanna: [to Mona] You're the only who actually knows how to live in a lie.
- Hanna: Her blonde tarantula of a daughter.
Into the Deep [4.09]Edit
- Spencer: Where is he?
- Aria: Over there with that blonde with giraffe legs.
- Aria: Jenna's back, and she's knocking into walls.
- Aria: Hey, Paige, I thought you might want to know that Bridget Mu's in your kitchen; she's trying to make a bong out of your aunt's teapot.
The Mirror Has Three Faces [4.10]Edit
- Caleb: Now you want to go to Radley and ring the bell jar.
- Caleb [to Hanna] I thought you and carbs weren't friends anymore.
- Spencer: [on CeCe] You're not just going to find her folding peasant skirts at the Diva Dish right now.
- Hanna: Well then I'll search every hipster boutique until I find her.
- Aria: You guys are about as silent as a monster truck rally. Now, shut up!
Bring Down the Hoe [4.11]Edit
- Emily: Look, I don't want to be the person who ends up with a mushy squash.
- Paige: Are you drunk?
- Caleb: Come on, giddy up little doggy.
- Emily: How am I supposed to live in that house?
- Aria: Just hang out on the second floor.
- Spencer: And wear underwear at all times.
- Aria: Napping isn't living.
- Spencer: Unless you're a reptile, which kind of describes CeCe.
- Aria: It's just been a long time since I could go to school dance with someone I"m dating.
- Hanna: Are you pregnant?
- Emily: Shut up Hanna.
- Aria: We understand you have a boyfriend, we've all had them.
- Hanna: Yeah, even Emily.
- Emily: Shut up Hanna
Now You See Me, Now You Don't [4.12]Edit
- Emily: A's a terrorist, that's what she wants: To make us worry
- Hanna: For once, I'm right and you're wrong, Spencer.
- Caleb: She's probably eating popcorn and watching us play Desperately Seeking Mona.
- Hanna: [on CeCe] That bitch has nine lives.
Grave New World [4.13]Edit
Who's in The Box [4.14]Edit
Love ShAck, Baby [4.15]Edit
Close Encounters [4.16]Edit
Bite Your Tongue [4.17]Edit
Hot For Teacher [4.18]Edit
Shadow Play [4.19]Edit
Free Fall [4.20]Edit
She's Come Undone [4.21]Edit
Cover For Me [4.22]Edit
- Spencer: Fantastic! I will go upstairs and fill this with my dignity.
- Hanna: Hey, Em. Can I ask you something?
- Emily: We don't have any cheesy puffs.
A is For Answers [4.24]Edit
- Hanna: It probably is and were just sitting here like geese
- Spencer: Ducks
- Hanna: What?
- Spencer: You say like lame ducks, not geese
- Hanna: OK, well whatever they both quack
- Spencer: Geese honk...
EscApe from New York [5.01]Edit
Whirly Girlie [5.02]Edit
- Spencer: Toby, next time you go to London?
- Toby: Yeah?
- Spencer: You're taking me with you, and we're never coming back.
Surfing the Aftershocks [5.03]Edit
Thrown from the Ride [5.04]Edit
Miss Me x 100 [5.05]Edit
Run, Ali, Run [5.06]Edit
The Silence of E. Lamb [5.07]Edit
Scream for Me [5.08]Edit
March of Crimes [5.09]Edit
A Dark Ali [5.10]Edit
No One Here Can Love or Understand Me [5.11]Edit
Taking This One to the Grave [5.12]Edit
All -A Messages to Spencer HastingsEdit
Poor Spencer. Always wants Melissa's boyfriends. But, remember if you kiss, I tell. --A
Define Desertion. Seems like you're about to lose Emily. Who's next? --A
'A' is for Alison, not Amateur. --A
Heads up, BFFs! It's open season on liars and I'm hunting... --A
It won't be that easy, bitches. --A
Point, set, match! --xo A
Jenna is gonna be SOOOO pissed! --A
It's not over until I say it is. Sleep tight, bitches. While you still can... --A
'RAT' me out! You're blood's next. --A
If only she could see how guilty you look. --A
You're getting colder... --A
You're as in the dark as Jenna, looking for me in all the wrong places. --A
Married for love or an Alibi? --A
I'm still here, bitches. And I know everything. --A
You dug her grave now I'm digging yours. Kisses --A
All -A Messages to Emily FieldsEdit
There's only so much you can bury, Emily. You're not done with me yet. --A
Hey Em! I've been replaced! You've found another friend to kiss! --A
Em! You definitely have a type: Love me. Lie for me. --A
'RAT' me out! You're blood's next. --A
'A' is for Alison. Not Amateur. --A
Breaking news, bitches: Spencer Hastings now a person of interest in my death. --A
Did you get a goodnight kiss? Here's one from me... XO --A
Heads up BFFs! It's open season on liars and I'm hunting... --A
Hey, Em - You weren't the only one with Great Expectations. Check it out. Xoxo --A
Ding Dong the bitch is dead. --A
Mona played with dolls, I play with body parts. Game on bitches! --A
All -A Messages to Hanna MarinEdit
Wanna keep mommy out of prison? I have a job for you. --A
Job description: Heartbreaker. $200 for every dance with Lucas. --A
Caleb's quiet, but how R U gonna shut ME up? --A
Buckle up, bitches nothing is as it seems. --A
Be careful Hanna! I hear prison food makes you fat. --A
Heads up, hon! Hefty Hanna never gets the guy. --A
You have his heart, now rip it out! $1000 for the last dance. --A
Breaking news, bitches: Spencer Hastings, now a person of interest in my death. --A
Ever wonder what goes on when your back is turned? --A
Watch your backs. I didn't. --A
'RAT' me out! Your blood's next. --A
Good luck putting it back together! Kisses! --A
Sorry I lost my temper. My bad. Kisses! --A
Now I know two secrets. Hanna got dissed and Emily got kissed! --A
'A' is for Alison. Not Amateur. --A
Wanna help mama make some $$$$$ Show Mrs. Montgomery what her kid's been hiding. --A
If only she could see how guilty you look. --A
Lions and tigers and bitches, oh my! There's no place like homecoming. See you there. --A
All -A Messages to Aria MontgomeryEdit
Maybe he fools around with all his students. Lots of teachers do just ask your dad... --A
When students kiss teachers someone gets HURT. That's a promise I will make sure I keep. --A
The LOVER and the SCORNED are new BFFs. Scared yet? You will be... --A
Almost got you busted! Wanna know how? Ask Hanna! --A
Buckle up, bitches nothing is as it seems. --A
It's not over until I say it is. Sleep tight, bitches while you still can. --A
She knew too much. --A
Don't say I never gave you anything. Turn on your computer --A
'RAT' me out! Your blood's next. --A
Doctor Who is amazing. I'll get you and your friends for denying it! --A
I'm still here, bitches. And I know everything. --A
Breaking news, bitches: Spencer Hastings, now a person of interest in my death. --A
Lucky you, Aria! Most girls have to do their homework. You get to do the teacher... --A