Quotes about present:
- The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present.
- Abraham Lincoln, Annual Message to Congress, December 1, 1862.
- Trust no Future, howe’er pleasant!
Let the dead Past bury its dead!
Act, — act in the living Present!
Heart within, and God o’erhead!
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, A Psalm of Life.
- Don’t shortchange the future, because of fear in the present.
- Barack Obama, 10 Downing Street reception speech, April 1 2009.
- There was nothing for it but to pace through just behind or ahead of the spooling present that was never there, caught in the nonexistent interval between the nonexistent past and the nonexistent future.
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Galileo's Dream (2009), Ch. 13, p. 282
- Past and to come seems best; things present, worst.