Pound Puppies is a popular American/Canadian animated series that premiered on The Hub Network (as a Hub Original Series) on October 10, 2010, in the United States.
The Yipper CaperEdit
[Yipper, a gray and orange furred puppy, has just been placed in a kennel.]
- Yipper: [sighs]
- Lucky: Hey, kid. Feeling a little down in the muzzle?
- Yipper: Nah, I'm okay. A little sore around the collar is all.
- Lucky: Well, old Kecthum can be kind of rough, but he's okay once you've got him trained. They call me Lucky, on account of my great good fortune.
- Yipper: They call me Yipper, for no particular reason at all.
- Lucky: Well, Yipper, welcome to Shelter 17, the cooshest pound this side of paradise.
- Yipper: What's so coosh about it? Looks like any other joint I've been in.
- Lucky: That's 'cause you're only viewing it from the top side.
- Yipper: Top side? Well, what other side is there?
- Lucky: Funny you should ask.
[He whistles and the other dogs go into spy mode; setting up fake props of themselves. Lucky moves his dog bowl, revealing an open passageway.]
- Yipper: What the heck?!
- Lucky: After you.
[He and Lucky go down the hole and enter an underground room, where the dogs are doing various things; exercising, calling people on the phone.]
- Yipper: Wow!
- Lucky: Pretty cool, huh?
- Golden Retriever: [on phone] Hello, Pet Mart? We need 600 pounds of chews delivered asap.
- Yipper: Y-you guys talk to humans?
- Lucky: Well, only when they don't know it, and only when absolutely necessary.
- Yipper: Wait! You're the Pound Puppies! I thought you guys were just a legend.
- Lucky: Oh no, we're real all right. If a dog needs a home, we're the ones to find him one. No matter how much the humans mess things up.
[Yipper walks forward and bumps into Cookie.]
- Cookie: Oof!
- Yipper: Oh, excuse me.
- Cookie: What are you doing down here, mutt?!
- Yipper: Well, uh...
- Cookie: Don't you know this a command center? No unauthorized dogs without proper identifi--
- Lucky: Down, Cookie! He's a new guy, a stray.
- Cookie: A stray?! Oh, sorry, pumpkin. I didn't know. I'm Cookie. Listen, if anyone gives you any trouble, just let me know and I'll chew them out.
- Yipper: Oh, gee. You don't have to yell at anybody for me.
- Cookie: No, I mean literally chew them out...with my teeth.
- Yipper: Uh, thanks, I-I guess.
- Cookie: Oh, no trouble at all. Okay, I'm out of here, Luck. Gotta go walk my human.
- Yipper: You got a human?
- Cookie: 'Course I do! Half the dogs down here got homes on the outside.
- Yipper: Wow!
- Cookie: And remember, ...with my teeth.
[Cookie walks off.]
- Yipper: Oh boy, she's tough.
- Lucky: Yeah, and that's when she's in a good mood.
[Niblet rushes over to them.]
- Niblet: Lucky! Lucky! I got something important to tell ya! Really, really, really important!
- Lucky: Yipper, meet Niblet.
- Niblet: Oh, hiya, Yipper! Welcome to our secret headquarters! Secret, but fun!
- Lucky: So, Niblet, what's so important?
- Niblet: Um...I forgot.
[Niblet walks off.]
- Lucky: Good guy, that Niblet. Just don't let him bury your bone, or you'll never see it again.
- Strudel: [from another room] No, no, no, no! You're doing it all wrong!
- Lucky: You better meet Strudel. Possibly the smartest wiener dog the world has ever known.
- Strudel: You've got the diodes connected to the transmuter, and the transmuter connected to the L.E.D.! Didn't anyone look at the schematics?!
[The squirrels chatter.]
- Strudel: Oh, if only I had opposable thumbs!
Nightmare On Pound StreetEdit
[Mayor Jerry arrives at the pound to ask McLeish to do a favor for him. McLeish comes out to greet him.]
- McLeish: Jerry-- uh, uh, Mr. Mayor. What a pleasant surprise.
- Mayor: Yeah, yeah, like a tonsillectomy. Look, Lenny, I need your help.
- McLeish: My help?
- Mayor: Why do you think I hire my family?
[Squirt pulls out a flyer for everyone to see.]
- Cookie: What the heck is that?
- Lucky: It's called a flyer. Humans stick them up all over the place.
- Cookie: You made it yourself?
- Squirt: Of course not. What do you think, I'm crawling with thumbs? I called it in to the printers, and they delivered it.
- Strudel: You are a genius, Squirt! I mean, not technically speaking, but, well, you know.
- Lucky: Did you tell them to print exactly what I said?
- Squirt: Absolutely. [clears throat] "Perky, adorable puppy for adoption..."
[Rebound brings a ball to Squirt.]
- Rebound: Throw me the ball! Throw me the ball!
[Squirt pushes the ball away and Rebound chases it.]
- Squirt: "One-of-a-kind royal dog with million-dollar fortune." I added that part.
[Rebound brings a stick to Squirt.]
- Rebound: Throw me the stick! Throw me the stick!
[Squirt knocks the stick off-screen. Rebound chases it.]
- Squirt: "If interested, come to Shelter 17, Elm Street, Downtown."
- Lucky: Fine. Now about getting those flyers posted--
- Squirt: Already done. I called in some favors-- A pigeon here, a squirrel there. Bada bing, bada boom-- You got 200 of these things on lampposts, mailboxes, phone poles all over the city.
- Cookie: Baby dog, sometimes you amaze me.
- Squirt: Eh, it ain't nothing. It's like they say, you scratch my belly, I scratch yours. Now excuse me while I go take a nap. I've been, uh, scratching a lot of bellies, if you know what I mean.
- Strudel: Actually, I don't know what he means.
- Cookie: And I don't want to know.
[McLeish and Olaf are admiring the fake buildings disguising the pound.]
- Olaf: Wow, Mr. McLeish. It's like the dog pound Hercules would've worked at if he was a dog catcher.
- McLeish: This is no longer a dog pound, Olaf, and I'm no longer a dog catcher. Today, I'm...
[He then pulls down a curtain revealing a sign on one of the buildings.] ...Director of Central City Dispatch and Transportation.
- Olaf: Oh, that sounds important. What is it?
- McLeish: Exactly and exactly. When Mother drops by, she'll be impressed for sure, yet she'll have no idea why. Did I mention I'm a genius?
- Olaf: Everyday, sir. But what if the dogs start barking?
- McLeish: That's where you come in, Olaf. While my mother's here, it's your job to keep the dogs quiet.
- Olaf: Quiet? How am I supposed to keep a pound full of dogs quiet?
[McLeish hands Olaf a key.]
- McLeish: Here. Take this. It's the key to my personal beef locker. If those mutts so much as make a peep, throw a steak in their jowls.
- Olaf: Mmm. Beef.
- McLeish: Fine. Throw a steak in your own jowls, too. But keep those dogs quiet. All I can say is Mother better end up proud of me. All this shameless lying is costing me a fortune.
[Lucky is watching McLeish and Agatha through a peephole in one of the fake buildings.]
- Agatha: I must say, Leonard, this workplace of yours isn't nearly as pathetic as I expected.
- McLeish: Well, thank you, Mother.
- Agatha: But I still can't get over the feeling that there are dogs around. For instance, why are my shoes covered with these ghastly wads of fur?
- McLeish: Aah! No, no, Mother. Honest, it's my fur-- uh, hair.
[Holds up fur wads to his head.] See? You know how fast we men of responsibility go bald. [laughs]
- Agatha: Well, good, because dogs are horrible, ugly, smelly creatures. If I ever came across one, I'd make into soup.
- McLeish: [whimpers]
- Lucky: Wow. That old lady's meaner than a junkyard human.
- Cookie: Who cares? With food like this, I wish she'd visit everyday.
- Squirt: Yeah, I'm surprised that chowhound, Niblet, ain't here, wolfing this stuff down. Where's he at, anyway?
- Lucky: Yeah, good question. I've been looking for him all over, and...
[He spots Niblet hiding obviously behind a small tree.]
...and I think I just found him.
[Walks over to him.]
- Niblet: I'm not Niblet. I'm a tree. So go away, or so help me...I'll drip sap all over you.
- Lucky: Come on, you can't hide forever.
- Niblet: I have to, Lucky. If Rebound spots me, she'll never leave me alone.
- Lucky: Aw, you're getting way more worked up over this than you need to. I mean, yeah, she can be a little energetic...
[Rebound spots Niblet with Lucky.]
...and a little, well, talkative, but she's not that bad.
- Rebound: [as she tackles Niblet] Niblet! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, it's Niblet, it's Niblet, my bestest big brother, Niblet!
[licks him on the nose]
I love you, love you, love you! Wanna play?! Let's play! Ha, ha, let's play! Play, play, play, play, play, play!
- Niblet: Yeah, okay, Rebound. Let's play hide and go seek. You count to a billion.
[Niblet runs off and Rebound covers her eyes.]
- Rebound: (counting rapidly) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14...
- Cookie: [to Lucky] She's gonna count all the way to a billion, isn't she?
- Lucky: I think she just might.
- Rebound: ...999,999,999, a billion! Ready or not, here I come!
[She runs into Lucky and Cookie, causing Lucky to fly into the air and fall on top of Cookie's belly.]
- Cookie: Oh, why, Lucky...
- Lucky: [chuckles]
- Cookie: ...get off my belly!
[Rebound chases after Niblet throughout the kennels.]
- Rebound: Gonna find ya! Gonna find ya! Yay, yay, yay! Come on, come on, come on! Gonna find ya! Gonna find ya!
[Niblet busts down the fence, and rebound goes after him, barking hyperactively. Lucky goes up to the fence.]
- Lucky: Uh oh.
[Agatha is talking to her son.]
- Agatha: Well, Leonard, I must say, your workplace looks remarkably not entirely disappointing.
- McLeish: Oh, Mother, that's the most loving thing you've ever said to me. And I assure you, I'm just as important as these buildings look.
[All of the fake buildings fell down, revealing the pound.]
- Agatha: [gasps after seeing the dog pound sign on the main building. She turns to face her son.]
You are a dog catcher?!
- McLeish: [whimpers] Maybe.
[Rebound has caught up with Niblet.]
- Rebound: Found you! Oh, Niblet, that was great! We should do this all the time! Don't you think? Don'tcha?! Huh?! We should always be together, just you and me, me and you, you, you, you, me, me, me, brother and sister, together forever and ever--
- Niblet: Stop! I can't take it no more!
- Rebound: What do you mean?
- Niblet: [groans] All you do is follow me around and jump all over me and lick me! You're the most annoyingest little sister who ever got born, and I don't want to see you ever, ever, ever again!
- Rebound: Okay. If that's what you want. [sniffles]
[McLeish is talking with his mother, Agatha, about finding Rebound.]
- Agatha: When I got home, I found that adorable little puppy you put in my car.
- McLeish: I did? Um, that's right. I did. Because you don't really hate dogs?
- Agatha: Well, I always assumed I did, but this puppy is so bouncy and full of life. She makes me feel young again. Now I see just how important your job really is.
[Lucky is smiling, watching the pups go through Strudel's machine in a single file. Cookie walks up to Lucky.]
- Cookie: Lucky, I need to talk to you.
- Lucky: (still smiling) What is it, Cooks?
- Cookie: It's about Dolly.
- Lucky: (trancelike) Dolly?
- Cookie: Lucky?!
[She waves her paw in front of Lucky's face, he still continues to stare at Dolly. Cookie turns to see Dolly flipping her perm flirtatiously.]
You, too?! [growls]
[Cookie storms off.]
- Lucky: [unaware that Cookie had left the room.] Me, too, what?
[Dolly and Cookie are talking in the courtyard of the pound.]
- Dolly: You know what I think, Cookie? This isn't about all the guys. I think it's about one guy in particular.
- Cookie: I don't know what you're talking about.
- Dolly: You don't, huh? Well, I wonder if you'd be this upset if you didn't see Lucky acting a little goofy, too.
- Cookie: What?! That's the most... Yeah, all right. I admit it.
The Prince And The PupperEdit
[Officer Ketchum has just dropped off a dog that looks exactly like Squirt. Ketchum walks away and the dog starts talking to Squirt.]
- Cuddlesworth: I say, good fellow, but what on earth is up with that eccentric bespectacled human and his taciturn dog-napping toady?
- Squirt: Eh, sorry, pal. I only speak English. And, uh... Do you notice anything -- I don't know -- odd about the twos of us?
- Cuddlesworth: Odd? Not as far as I can see. But-- [gasps] Great Gatsby! We look strikingly similar!
[Squirt is teaching Cuddlesworth how to speak with a New York accent.]
- Squirt: Fuhgeddaboudit.
- Cuddlesworth: Forget about it!
[Squirt slaps Cuddlesworth across the face.]
- Squirt: Fuhgeddaboudit.
- Cuddlesworth: Forget-- I'm sorry. I forgot. What was the line again?
[Squirt slaps Cuddlesworth again.]
- Squirt: Fuhgeddaboudit!
- Cuddlesworth: Fuhgeddaboudit! I did it! By George, I did it! [giggles]
[Squirt slaps Cuddlesworth once more.]
[The Pound Puppies are discussing their next mission.]
- Cookie: So, who's the target?
- Strudel: Name -- Becky O'Bannon, 9 years old. Has been wanting a puppy since she was 3. She and Wagster match up in the 99th percentile on the pup-to-person ratio chart.
- Niblet: Wagster's got a human friend! Wagster's got a human friend!
- Squirt: That's the whole point, nimrod.
- Niblet: Oh, yeah.
King Of The HeapEdit
[Junkyard Jim is talking with McLeish about getting a junkyard dog.]
- Junkyard Jim: Mighty fancy place you got here, Mister Dogcatcher.
- McLeish: What? Oh, yes, it's a regular canine Taj Mahal.
- Junkyard Jim: Taj Mahal? Oh, I don't know much about basketball players. I'm just a simple junkman. Name's Jim, Junkyard Jim.
- McLeish: Gee, I would have pegged you as a Millionaire Monte or a Diplomat Dave.
My Fair ReboundEdit
[Niblet is giving his thoughts on Rebound competing in the Northminster Dog Show.]
- Niblet: Oh, they're gonna humiliorate my poor sis! She's gonna be the laughing-sock of the whole show!
- Strudel: Well, that's the pageant game.
- Cookie: What do you know about it?
- Strudel: You kidding? I was a show dog myself back in the old country. My stage name was Strudel Die Schnitzel Von Wiener.
[Lucky is trying to find Rebound under the bleachers.]
- Lucky: Rebound? Rebound, are you under there?
- Rebound: (from somewhere in the bleachers) No!
- Cookie: Good thing brains isn't a part of the competition.
[Lucky is telling everyone his plan to get the quintuplets adopted.]
- Lucky: Everyone know the plan?
- Cookie: Yeah, but I still don't get why this guy has five of everything.
- Strudel: It's a common human sales strategy. For some reason, they like to see us animals selling them products.
- Squirt: Yeah, I knew a marmot once who got his picture on boxes of nuts. Guy was fixed for life -- all of the pistachios he could eat.
- Niblet: Wow! Can I get my picture on a bag of marshmallows, Lucky? 'Cause I love marshmallows, and I want to be fixed for life, too. I mean, not fixed fixed, but, you know...
[Cookie, Niblet, Strudel, and Squirt are searching for the quintuplets in the alley.]
- Cookie: They're not over here.
- Squirt: They're not over here either.
- Niblet: Why did my little buddies run away?! Why?!
- Strudel: They couldn't have gotten far. They have little, tiny legs.
- Cookie: We better split up. You guys go that way, we'll go this way.
- Squirt: Right!
[All four of them run into each other.]
- Cookie, Niblet, Strudel, and Squirt: Oof!
- Cookie: [groans] Where's Lucky when you need him?!
[They all run off in separate directions.]
Dog On A WireEdit
[Various dogs are asking Strudel to help them with the gadgets she made for them.]
- Lucky: Strudel, there you are. Listen, I-I need that radio collar you said you'd--
- Strudel: Here you are, Lucky.
[Sparky and Mr. Nut-Nut bring Lucky the radio collar and snap it into place.]
I've boosted the signal for optimum range. You should be able to talk to the whole team at once.
- Lucky: Perfect. Gotta run!
- Strudel: Okay, but I wanted to ask if--
[Lucky has already left the room.]
[sighs] Never mind.
[Cookie approaches Strudel.]
- Cookie: Hey, uh, Strudel, did you fix that grappling hook for me?
- Strudel: Indeed I did, Cookie.
[The squirrels bring Cookie the grappling hook.] In fact, the firing range is doubled. And I also wondered if I might go on the next mis-- [Cookie grabs the device with her mouth.]
- Cookie: (muffled): Thanks!
[Cookie walks off.]
- Strudel: --sion with you guys.
[Squirt walks up to Strudel.]
- Squirt: Hey, Strooge. About that next mission...
- Strudel: Yes?
- Squirt: I could really use you...
- Strudel: Yes?!
- Squirt: ...to fix my laser headset.
[Strudel is on the edge of losing it.]
I mean, it really works great for the night time jaws through the sewer and what-not, but it kind of flickers now and then, and I was--
[Strudel finally loses it.]
- Strudel: Aaaaaaaaaah!
[Everyone stops and looks.]
- Niblet: Whoa! What was that?
- Lucky: Sounded like a blown Strudel gasket.
[Ketchum has just dropped off a dog wearing a vest and hat.]
- McLeish: So, you found him just wandering the fairgrounds, eh, Ketchum? Wonder why he's wearing a vest and hat.
- Olaf: Maybe he's in show business.
- McLeish: Show business? Where do you get these lame ideas?
- Olaf: Uh, from my head.
[Strudel is in her dressing room looking at herself in the mirror.]
- Strudel: You are a star-- a big, beautiful, odd-bodied, short-legged star.
[Strudel is on the phone calling about the plane that Niblet and Squirt were on.]
- Strudel: Yes, ABC Parcel Express Flight 597.
[Woman on other end chatters.]
- Strudel: I already called that number and 15 others. They're all useless recordings.
- Strudel: I know I could find the information online, but I wouldn't be able to read it, would I, because I'm a -- Oh, never mind. It's complicated.
[She covers the microphone.] (to Lucky): Humans, sometimes I just want to bite them.
- Lucky: Hang in there, Strudel. They've got to know where that plane went.
[Woman chatters on phone.]
- Strudel: What? It went where?!
- Strudel: [gasps] Alright. Thank you, frustrating human lady.
[She hangs up.] (to Lucky): The plane went to Shanghai!
- Lucky: The Shanghai in China?!
- Strudel: Uh huh!
- Cookie: Our map doesn't even go to China.
- Strudel: But the plane also made a number of stops along the way to drop off cargo -- [points to different parts of the map] here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here. And here.
- Cookie: Great. They could be anywhere. We'll never find them.
- Lucky: Not necessarily. After all, we're part of an international organization. Strudel, get on the phone. Contact every branch of the Pound Puppy network in every one of these places.
- Strudel: You've got it, boss.
- Lucky: (to himself): We'll find you guys. Just hold tight, have faith, and please, don't do anything stupid.
[Niblet and Squirt are hanging by the rope that is tethering them over the shipping crate.]
- Squirt: When I said jump, Niblet, I meant from the same side.
- Niblet: Oops. Sorry. Wait! I got a idea!
- Squirt: Niblet, no!
[Niblet jumps to the ground, thus flipping Squirt over the side of the crate with the rope and landing next to Niblet.]
- Niblet: Aah!
- Squirt: Aaaaah! Oof!
- Niblet: Squirt, you okay?
- Squirt: I will be, Niblet, if from now on you just leave the thinking to me.
- Niblet: I'm sorry, Squirt. You're my bestest friend, and I got you trapped on a spooky flight to scaredy land! [sobs]
- Squirt: Uh, hey, hey, come on. I mean, sure you did get me trapped on a spooky flight to scaredy land, but, eh, it's not all bad.
- Niblet: It's not?
- Squirt: Ah, of course it's not, I mean, 'cause, you know, we got each other. We're best buds, Niblet. I got your back...
- Niblet: And you have mine!
- Squirt: Yeah, yeah. Something like that.
[It's night time, and Squirt and Niblet have been wandering the forest for hours.]
- Niblet: Shouldn't we stop and find some shelter? It's getting pretty dark.
- Squirt: No. Okay? We got to keep moving. See if we can find a town.
[An owl hoots.]
- Niblet: Aah! What was that?
- Squirt: An owl.
- Niblet: A wise and gentle owl?
- Squirt: No. A chihuahua-eating owl. Come on!
[They are now running. The owl hoots again.]
- Squirt: Aah! Hey, it's after us! Run!
- Niblet: Whatever you say, buddy!
[They jump down a hill.]
- Niblet and Squirt: Aaaaah!
[They tumble down the hill.]
- Niblet and Squirt: Ow. Ow. Ugh!
- Niblet: Ugh. Wow, Squirt. Falling down that cliff was really, really painful, but we sure outsmarted that owl, didn't we? (calls out to the woods): In your beak, owl! Who's wise now?! Hey, squirt. [chuckles]
[Niblet looks around and he can't see Squirt anywhere.]
- Squirt: (muffled): Get off of my face!
[Niblet stands up to reveal Squirt smashed face down in the dirt. Squirt gets up.]
- Niblet: Oh, what a relief. I was worried something bad happened to you.
- Squirt: Something bad? Why, I oughta -- [sniffs] Oh, great. You and your big fat backside knocked the scent right out of my nose. Now, there's no way I can smell us to town.
- Niblet: Sorry.
- Squirt: Whatever. Look, l-let's just stay put till tomorrow morning.
- Niblet: Okay.
- Squirt: All we need to do is find some kind of shelter while we still got some moonlight.
[Almost instantly, a thunderstorm hits.]
- Squirt: Why am I not surprised?
Rebel Without A CollarEdit
[Cookie is introducing herself to Fang, a filthy, muddy dog.]
- Cookie: Hey, there. I'm cookie --
- Fang: Cookie? What kind of name is that? Sounds like something a human would think of.
- Cookie: As a matter of fact, it is, and --
- Fang: Look, Cookie, how about you take your adorable human name, turn around, and go bother someone else? We have nothing to discuss.
- Cookie: Oh, really? Well, listen, tough guy. I'm sure the "alpha male" routine works on some dogs, but I've got an operation to run and --
- Fang: That's just fascinating. Meanwhile, I've got --
- Cookie: You did not just interrupt the Cookie! Honey, right now I don't know who you are or where you come from. What I do know is that you're filthy, and you smell like a dog park dumpster on a hot day in August.
- Fang: Uh...
- Cookie: Did I ask a question to which the answer is "uh"? Now hush up and listen. You will come out of that kennel and you will take a bath. And once you're clean, you will drop the attitude, you will smile, and you will help us help you out!
- Fang: (smiles) Okay.
- Cookie: Really?
- Fang: No one's ever talked to me like that. I kinda like it. Name's Fang.
- Cookie: Oh, I'm Cookie, w-which you already know. Anyway, uh, come on.
- Fang: Fine, but I wash myself.
- Cookie: Fine. And then I'll take a look at your paw.
- Fang: Sure.
[Fang walks away as it is revealed that Niblet was watching the conversation the whole time.]
- Niblet: Cookie? Next time I'm a bad dog, will you talk mean to me too?
- Cookie: [growls]
[Niblet whimpers and runs off.]
[Strudel, Lucky, and Buddy are walking through the underground headquarters.]
- Strudel: So, all we need to do is retrace the route back to your human's cabin. Mission accomplished.
- Buddy: Are you kidding? I can hardly remember the ride over here. I had other things to concentrate on, what with that shifty malcontent aggravating my kidneys.
- Strudel: That does pose a problem.
- Lucky: Wait a minute. Maybe that shifty malcontent's your answer.
[Cookie walks in.]
- Cookie: What are you talking about?
- Lucky: Well, if Buddy and that other dog were picked up around the same place, maybe he can help us get Buddy home.
- Strudel: Brilliant! He may be surly, but a dog will always help out another dog.
- Fang: (from washtub) Is that so?
[Fang jumps out of the tub and shakes, revealing that he is not a dog, but a coyote.]
And what if that dog...is a coyote?
[Buddy falls to the ground. Lucky, Cookie, and Strudel look over him.]
- Buddy: (with eyes closed) That was the sound of me fainting, by the way. I'm very, very distressed.
[Strudel goes to comfort Lucky, who is upset that Cookie left him and the team to be with Fang.]
- Strudel: You okay?
- Lucky: I can't believe she left us.
- Strudel: She didn't leave us. She went with him.
- Lucky: But doesn't she realize how much I -- we need her?
- Strudel: Did you ever tell her?
- Lucky: Yeah. No. I-I think so.
- Strudel: Well, how can you expect someone to know something, if you never tell them?
[Fang's pack circles around Buddy who is sleeping in his bed.]
- Buddy: Oh, hey, coyotes.
[Suddenly realizes it.]
Coyotes! In the cabin?!
[Squirt and Lucky are talking about whether or not Taboo is unlucky.]
- Squirt: Bad luck is bad luck. You can't just wash it off with soap and water.
- Lucky: You know, I get why Niblet believes in all this hocus-pocus stuff. I mean, he refuses to eat out of the left side of his dish ever Tuesday, Friday, and third Monday.
- Niblet: That's so the magic flea angels won't get me.
- Lucky: But, you, Squirt -- I don't understand.
[Everyone has just been sprayed with water in the headquarters.]
- Squirt: See? Everything the kid touches turns to wet kibble.
- Taboo: It's true, Mr. Lucky. I'm a jinx.
- Lucky: No, you're not. It was just a coincidence.
[Lucky and Taboo walk off.]
- Dolly: A coincidence that ruined my perm.
[Mr. Geekman is telling Olaf that he wants to adopt Taboo.]
- Mr. Geekman: He's more perfect than Pi. Oh, I can't wait to show him to all of the kids in my algebra class. For once, they'll see that their old math teacher's search for perfection has come to fruition. All I have to do now is ride home, tell the wife, and bring her back here to see her new pet.
[Mr. Geekman gets back on his bike and prepares to ride away. Olaf walks over to him.]
- Lucky: (to Taboo) See? I told you it's not bad luck.
- Mr. Geekman: Be sure to leave a little sign on the gate, Olaf! I don't want anybody to take that dog before I --
[Mr. Geekman suddenly rides straight into a brick wall by the gate and falls down.]
- Olaf: Mr. Geekman!
[Olaf runs over to help him.]
- Squirt: (sarcastically) Oh no, no. He's not bad luck at all.
[Taboo is describing his history of bad luck.]
- Taboo: Ever since the day I was born. Hmm, I remember it like it was months ago.
- Squirt: (deadpan) It was months ago.