Pound Puppies is a popular American/Canadian animated series that premiered on The Hub Network (as a Hub Original Series) on October 10, 2010, in the United States.
The Yipper CaperEdit
[Yipper, a gray and orange furred puppy, has just been placed in a kennel.]
- Yipper: [sighs]
- Lucky: Hey, kid. Feeling a little down in the muzzle?
- Yipper: Nah, I'm okay. A little sore around the collar is all.
- Lucky: Well, old Kecthum can be kind of rough, but he's okay once you've got him trained. They call me Lucky, on account of my great good fortune.
- Yipper: They call me Yipper, for no particular reason at all.
- Lucky: Well, Yipper, welcome to Shelter 17, the cooshest pound this side of paradise.
- Yipper: What's so coosh about it? Looks like any other joint I've been in.
- Lucky: That's 'cause you're only viewing it from the top side.
- Yipper: Top side? Well, what other side is there?
- Lucky: Funny you should ask.
[He whistles and the other dogs go into spy mode; setting up fake props of themselves. Lucky moves his dog bowl, revealing an open passageway.]
- Yipper: What the heck?!
- Lucky: After you.
[He and Lucky go down the hole and enter an underground room, where the dogs are doing various things; exercising, calling people on the phone.]
- Yipper: Wow!
- Lucky: Pretty cool, huh?
- Golden Retriever: [on phone] Hello, Pet Mart? We need 600 pounds of chews delivered asap.
- Yipper: Y-you guys talk to humans?
- Lucky: Well, only when they don't know it, and only when absolutely necessary.
- Yipper: Wait! You're the Pound Puppies! I thought you guys were just a legend.
- Lucky: Oh no, we're real all right. If a dog needs a home, we're the ones to find him one. No matter how much the humans mess things up.
[Yipper walks forward and bumps into Cookie.]
- Cookie: Oof!
- Yipper: Oh, excuse me.
- Cookie: What are you doing down here, mutt?!
- Yipper: Well, uh...
- Cookie: Don't you know this a command center? No unauthorized dogs without proper identifi--
- Lucky: Down, Cookie! He's a new guy, a stray.
- Cookie: A stray?! Oh, sorry, pumpkin. I didn't know. I'm Cookie. Listen, if anyone gives you any trouble, just let me know and I'll chew them out.
- Yipper: Oh, gee. You don't have to yell at anybody for me.
- Cookie: No, I mean literally chew them out...with my teeth.
- Yipper: Uh, thanks, I-I guess.
- Cookie: Oh, no trouble at all. Okay, I'm out of here, Luck. Gotta go walk my human.
- Yipper: You got a human?
- Cookie: 'Course I do! Half the dogs down here got homes on the outside.
- Yipper: Wow!
- Cookie: And remember, ...with my teeth.
[Cookie walks off.]
- Yipper: Oh boy, she's tough.
- Lucky: Yeah, and that's when she's in a good mood.
[Niblet rushes over to them.]
- Niblet: Lucky! Lucky! I got something important to tell ya! Really, really, really important!
- Lucky: Yipper, meet Niblet.
- Niblet: Oh, hiya, Yipper! Welcome to our secret headquarters! Secret, but fun!
- Lucky: So, Niblet, what's so important?
- Niblet: Um...I forgot.
[Niblet walks off.]
- Lucky: Good guy, that Niblet. Just don't let him bury your bone, or you'll never see it again.
- Strudel: [from another room] No, no, no, no! You're doing it all wrong!
- Lucky: You better meet Strudel. Possibly the smartest wiener dog the world has ever known.
- Strudel: You've got the diodes connected to the transmuter, and the transmuter connected to the L.E.D.! Didn't anyone look at the schematics?!
[The squirrels chatter.]
- Strudel: Oh, if only I had opposable thumbs!
Nightmare On Pound StreetEdit
[Mayor Jerry arrives at the pound to ask McLeish to do a favor for him. McLeish comes out to greet him.]
- McLeish: Jerry-- uh, uh, Mr. Mayor. What a pleasant surprise.
- Mayor: Yeah, yeah, like a tonsillectomy. Look, Lenny, I need your help.
- McLeish: My help?
- Mayor: Why do you think I hire my family?
[Squirt pulls out a flyer for everyone to see.]
- Cookie: What the heck is that?
- Lucky: It's called a flyer. Humans stick them up all over the place.
- Cookie: You made it yourself?
- Squirt: Of course not. What do you think, I'm crawling with thumbs? I called it in to the printers, and they delivered it.
- Strudel: You are a genius, Squirt! I mean, not technically speaking, but, well, you know.
- Lucky: Did you tell them to print exactly what I said?
- Squirt: Absolutely. [clears throat] "Perky, adorable puppy for adoption..."
[Rebound brings a ball to Squirt.]
- Rebound: Throw me the ball! Throw me the ball!
[Squirt pushes the ball away and Rebound chases it.]
- Squirt: "One-of-a-kind royal dog with million-dollar fortune." I added that part.
[Rebound brings a stick to Squirt.]
- Rebound: Throw me the stick! Throw me the stick!
[Squirt knocks the stick off-screen. Rebound chases it.]
- Squirt: "If interested, come to Shelter 17, Elm Street, Downtown."
- Lucky: Fine. Now about getting those flyers posted--
- Squirt: Already done. I called in some favors-- A pigeon here, a squirrel there. Bada bing, bada boom-- You got 200 of these things on lampposts, mailboxes, phone poles all over the city.
- Cookie: Baby dog, sometimes you amaze me.
- Squirt: Eh, it ain't nothing. It's like they say, you scratch my belly, I scratch yours. Now excuse me while I go take a nap. I've been, uh, scratching a lot of bellies, if you know what I mean.
- Strudel: Actually, I don't know what he means.
- Cookie: And I don't want to know.
[McLeish and Olaf are admiring the fake buildings disguising the pound.]
- Olaf: Wow, Mr. McLeish. It's like the dog pound Hercules would've worked at if he was a dog catcher.
- McLeish: This is no longer a dog pound, Olaf, and I'm no longer a dog catcher. Today, I'm...
[He then pulls down a curtain revealing a sign on one of the buildings.] ...Director of Central City Dispatch and Transportation.
- Olaf: Oh, that sounds important. What is it?
- McLeish: Exactly and exactly. When Mother drops by, she'll be impressed for sure, yet she'll have no idea why. Did I mention I'm a genius?
- Olaf: Everyday, sir. But what if the dogs start barking?
- McLeish: That's where you come in, Olaf. While my mother's here, it's your job to keep the dogs quiet.
- Olaf: Quiet? How am I supposed to keep a pound full of dogs quiet?
[McLeish hands Olaf a key.]
- McLeish: Here. Take this. It's the key to my personal beef locker. If those mutts so much as make a peep, throw a steak in their jowls.
- Olaf: Mmm. Beef.
- McLeish: Fine. Throw a steak in your own jowls, too. But keep those dogs quiet. All I can say is Mother better end up proud of me. All this shameless lying is costing me a fortune.
[Lucky is watching McLeish and Agatha through a peephole in one of the fake buildings.]
- Agatha: I must say, Leonard, this workplace of yours isn't nearly as pathetic as I expected.
- McLeish: Well, thank you, Mother.
- Agatha: But I still can't get over the feeling that there are dogs around. For instance, why are my shoes covered with these ghastly wads of fur?
- McLeish: Aah! No, no, Mother. Honest, it's my fur-- uh, hair.
[Holds up fur wads to his head.] See? You know how fast we men of responsibility go bald. [laughs]
- Agatha: Well, good, because dogs are horrible, ugly, smelly creatures. If I ever came across one, I'd make into soup.
- McLeish: [whimpers]
- Lucky: Wow. That old lady's meaner than a junkyard human.
- Cookie: Who cares? With food like this, I wish she'd visit everyday.
- Squirt: Yeah, I'm surprised that chowhound, Niblet, ain't here, wolfing this stuff down. Where's he at, anyway?
- Lucky: Yeah, good question. I've been looking for him all over, and...
[He spots Niblet hiding obviously behind a small tree.] ...and I think I just found him. [Walks over to him.] Uh, Niblet?
- Niblet: I'm not Niblet. I'm a tree. So go away, or so help me...I'll drip sap all over you.
- Lucky: Come on, you can't hide forever.
- Niblet: I have to, Lucky. If Rebound spots me, she'll never leave me alone.
- Lucky: Aw, you're getting way more worked up over this than you need to. I mean, yeah, she can be a little energetic...
[Rebound spots Niblet with Lucky.] ...and a little, well, talkative, but she's not that bad.
- Rebound: [as she tackles Niblet] Niblet! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, it's Niblet, it's Niblet, my bestest big brother, Niblet! [licks him on the nose] I love you, love you, love you! Wanna play?! Let's play! Ha, ha, let's play! Play, play, play, play, play, play!
- Niblet: Yeah, okay, Rebound. Let's play hide and go seek. You count to a billion.
[Niblet runs off and Rebound covers her eyes.]
- Rebound: (counting rapidly) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14...
- Cookie: [to Lucky] She's gonna count all the way to a billion, isn't she?
- Lucky: I think she just might.
- Rebound: ...999,999,999, a billion! Ready or not, here I come!
[She runs into Lucky and Cookie, causing Lucky to fly into the air and fall on top of Cookie's belly.]
- Cookie: Oh, why, Lucky...
- Lucky: [chuckles]
- Cookie: ...get off my belly!
[Rebound chases after Niblet throughout the kennels.]
- Rebound: Gonna find ya! Gonna find ya! Yay, yay, yay! Come on, come on, come on! Gonna find ya! Gonna find ya!
[Niblet busts down the fence, and rebound goes after him, barking hyperactively. Lucky goes up to the fence.]
- Lucky: Uh oh.
[Agatha is talking to her son.]
- Agatha: Well, Leonard, I must say, your workplace looks remarkably not entirely disappointing.
- McLeish: Oh, Mother, that's the most loving thing you've ever said to me. And I assure you, I'm just as important as these buildings look.
[All of the fake buildings fell down, revealing the pound.]
- Agatha: [gasps after seeing the dog pound sign on the main building. She turns to face her son.] You are a dog catcher?!
- McLeish: [whimpers] Maybe.
[Rebound has caught up with Niblet.]
- Rebound: Found you! Oh, Niblet, that was great! We should do this all the time! Don't you think? Don'tcha?! Huh?! We should always be together, just you and me, me and you, you, you, you, me, me, me, brother and sister, together forever and ever--
- Niblet: Stop! I can't take it no more!
- Rebound: What do you mean?
- Niblet: [groans] All you do is follow me around and jump all over me and lick me! You're the most annoyingest little sister who ever got born, and I don't want to see you ever, ever, ever again!
- Rebound: Okay. If that's what you want. [sniffles]
[McLeish is talking with his mother, Agatha, about finding Rebound.]
- Agatha: When I got home, I found that adorable little puppy you put in my car.
- McLeish: I did? Um, that's right. I did. Because you don't really hate dogs?
- Agatha: Well, I always assumed I did, but this puppy is so bouncy and full of life. She makes me feel young again. Now I see just how important your job really is.
[Lucky is smiling, watching the pups go through Strudel's machine in a single file. Cookie walks up to Lucky.]
- Cookie: Lucky, I need to talk to you.
- Lucky: (still smiling) What is it, Cooks?
- Cookie: It's about Dolly.
- Lucky: (trancelike) Dolly?
- Cookie: Lucky?!
[She waves her paw in front of Lucky's face, he still continues to stare at Dolly. Cookie turns to see Dolly flipping her perm flirtatiously.] You, too?! [growls] [Cookie storms off.]
- Lucky: [unaware that Cookie had left the room.] Me, too, what?
[Dolly and Cookie are talking in the courtyard of the pound.]
- Dolly: You know what I think, Cookie? This isn't about all the guys. I think it's about one guy in particular.
- Cookie: I don't know what you're talking about.
- Dolly: You don't, huh? Well, I wonder if you'd be this upset if you didn't see Lucky acting a little goofy, too.
- Cookie: What?! That's the most... Yeah, all right. I admit it.
The Prince And The PupperEdit
[Officer Ketchum has just dropped off a dog that looks exactly like Squirt. Ketchum walks away and the dog starts talking to Squirt.]
- Cuddlesworth: I say, good fellow, but what on earth is up with that eccentric bespectacled human and his taciturn dog-napping toady?
- Squirt: Eh, sorry, pal. I only speak English. And, uh... Do you notice anything -- I don't know -- odd about the twos of us?
- Cuddlesworth: Odd? Not as far as I can see. But-- [gasps] Great Gatsby! We look strikingly similar!
[Squirt is teaching Cuddlesworth how to speak with a New York accent.]
- Squirt: Fuhgeddaboudit.
- Cuddlesworth: Forget about it!
[Squirt slaps Cuddlesworth across the face.]
- Squirt: Fuhgeddaboudit.
- Cuddlesworth: Forget-- I'm sorry. I forgot. What was the line again?
[Squirt slaps Cuddlesworth again.]
- Squirt: Fuhgeddaboudit!
- Cuddlesworth: Fuhgeddaboudit! I did it! By George, I did it! [giggles]
[Squirt slaps Cuddlesworth once more.]
[The Pound Puppies are discussing their next mission.]
- Cookie: So, who's the target?
- Strudel: Name -- Becky O'Bannon, 9 years old. Has been wanting a puppy since she was 3. She and Wagster match up in the 99th percentile on the pup-to-person ratio chart.
- Niblet: Wagster's got a human friend! Wagster's got a human friend!
- Squirt: That's the whole point, nimrod.
- Niblet: Oh, yeah.
King Of The HeapEdit
[Junkyard Jim is talking with McLeish about getting a junkyard dog.]
- Junkyard Jim: Mighty fancy place you got here, Mister Dogcatcher.
- McLeish: What? Oh, yes, it's a regular canine Taj Mahal.
- Junkyard Jim: Taj Mahal? Oh, I don't know much about basketball players. I'm just a simple junkman. Name's Jim, Junkyard Jim.
- McLeish: Gee, I would have pegged you as a Millionaire Monte or a Diplomat Dave.
My Fair ReboundEdit
[Niblet is giving his thoughts on Rebound competing in the Northminster Dog Show.]
- Niblet: Oh, they're gonna humiliorate my poor sis! She's gonna be the laughing-sock of the whole show!
- Strudel: Well, that's the pageant game.
- Cookie: What do you know about it?
- Strudel: You kidding? I was a show dog myself back in the old country. My stage name was Strudel Die Schnitzel Von Wiener.
[Lucky is trying to find Rebound under the bleachers.]
- Lucky: Rebound? Rebound, are you under there?
- Rebound: (from somewhere in the bleachers) No!
- Cookie: Good thing brains isn't a part of the competition.
[Lucky is telling everyone his plan to get the quintuplets adopted.]
- Lucky: Everyone know the plan?
- Cookie: Yeah, but I still don't get why this guy has five of everything.
- Strudel: It's a common human sales strategy. For some reason, they like to see us animals selling them products.
- Squirt: Yeah, I knew a marmot once who got his picture on boxes of nuts. Guy was fixed for life -- all of the pistachios he could eat.
- Niblet: Wow! Can I get my picture on a bag of marshmallows, Lucky? 'Cause I love marshmallows, and I want to be fixed for life, too. I mean, not fixed fixed, but, you know...
[Cookie, Niblet, Strudel, and Squirt are searching for the quintuplets in the alley.]
- Cookie: They're not over here.
- Squirt: They're not over here either.
- Niblet: Why did my little buddies run away?! Why?!
- Strudel: They couldn't have gotten far. They have little, tiny legs.
- Cookie: We better split up. You guys go that way, we'll go this way.
- Squirt: Right!
[All four of them run into each other.]
- Cookie, Niblet, Strudel, and Squirt: Oof!
- Cookie: [groans] Where's Lucky when you need him?!
[They all run off in separate directions.]
Dog On A WireEdit
[Various dogs are asking Strudel to help them with the gadgets she made for them.]
- Lucky: Strudel, there you are. Listen, I-I need that radio collar you said you'd--
- Strudel: Here you are, Lucky.
[Sparky and Mr. Nut-Nut bring Lucky the radio collar and snap it into place.] I've boosted the signal for optimum range. You should be able to talk to the whole team at once.
- Lucky: Perfect. Gotta run!
- Strudel: Okay, but I wanted to ask if--
[Lucky has already left the room.] [sighs] Never mind. [Cookie approaches Strudel.]
- Cookie: Hey, uh, Strudel, did you fix that grappling hook for me?
- Strudel: Indeed I did, Cookie. [The squirrels bring Cookie the grappling hook.] In fact, the firing range is doubled. And I also wondered if I might go on the next mis--
[Cookie grabs the device with her mouth.]
- Cookie: (muffled): Thanks!
[Cookie walks off.]
- Strudel: --sion with you guys.
[Squirt walks up to Strudel.]
- Squirt: Hey, Strooge. About that next mission...
- Strudel: Yes?
- Squirt: I could really use you...
- Strudel: Yes?!
- Squirt: ...to fix my laser headset.
[Strudel is on the edge of losing it.] I mean, it really works great for the night time jaws through the sewer and what-not, but it kind of flickers now and then, and I was-- [Strudel finally loses it.]
- Strudel: Aaaaaaaaaah!
[Everyone stops and looks.]
- Niblet: Whoa! What was that?
- Lucky: Sounded like a blown Strudel gasket.
[Ketchum has just dropped off a dog wearing a vest and hat.]
- McLeish: So, you found him just wandering the fairgrounds, eh, Ketchum? Wonder why he's wearing a vest and hat.
- Olaf: Maybe he's in show business.
- McLeish: Show business? Where do you get these lame ideas?
- Olaf: Uh, from my head.
[Strudel is in her dressing room looking at herself in the mirror.]
- Strudel: You are a star-- a big, beautiful, odd-bodied, short-legged star.