Poul Henningsen (September 9 1894 – January 31 1967), Danish author, architect and critic, was one of the leading figures of the cultural life of Denmark between the World Wars. In Denmark, he is often referred to as PH.
- ”It sounds fine that one must not hurt other people’s feelings—but perhaps this world would be a better place to live if it were the reason that must not be hurt.”
- ”All political art is bad – all good art is political.”
- "Faith has never moved anything at all. It is doubt that moves".
- "Future comes by itself, progress does not."
- Dansk Biografisk Leksikon, vol. 6. Copenh. 1980.
- Poul Hammerich: Lysmageren. En krønike om Poul Henningsen. Copenh. 1986