Polyamory is the practice or lifestyle of being part of more than one long-term, intimate, and, often, sexual loving relationship at the same time, with the full knowledge and consent of all partners involved. Persons who consider themselves emotionally suited to such relationships may define themselves as polyamorous, often abbreviated to poly.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Polyamory — that's where you're freely confessed that you have more than one lover at a time. And actually I'm less that way than I used to be, but I was trying to make people understand, that at least for some folks, this was a fairly natural state. And instead of skulking around about it that we'd all do better to avoid the deceit and be honest.
- There is a key trait in people who do polyamory well, and it's this: They are good at regulating their strong emotions. By that I mean, when something emotionally intense is happening to you, either good or bad, you're able to see it as part of a larger whole and keep it in perspective.
- In my experience and observation, the following factors most positively influence the odds for [poly relationship] success:
1. General attitude of goodwill and a generosity of spirit
2. Willingness to be honest, especially when the news is likely to hurt
3. Independent spirit
4. Strong personal desire for a poly life
5. Reasonably good emotional intelligence and self-esteem
6. Reading poly literature and discussing it with partners
- Letter from "Poly out East"
- Nemerson, Andrea (March 28, 2007). "Work, work, work". The Guardian. Retrieved on 2007-12-06.
- Claimed by polyamory activist/educator Anita Wagner in Goddess of Java (November 12, 2007). "Back to Basics" blog (comment section). Polyamorous Misanthrope. Retrieved on 2007-12-06.
- I do not find people to fit the spaces in my life. I make spaces to fit the people in my life.
- Joreth InnKeeper. The InnKeeper's Polyamorous Journal.
- There is no One Right Way to be Polyamorous. But there are plenty of Wrong Ways!
- Catch-phrase of Miss Poly Manners. Miss Poly Manners Website.
- I believe that trust is more important than monogamy.
- The confusion of marriage with morality has done more to destroy the conscience of the human race than any other single error.
- I'm poly, bi and kinky and I still won't sleep with you!