Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back
- That's right, I am too weak to work, but a Pokemon battle isn't work.
- (In horror) We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon... and we've succeeded.
- [archived recording; explosions of Mewtwo's destruction, screams and static are seen and heard while it's playing] I haven't got much time! I pray this record of our experiments survives! A year ago we discovered a fossil that proved to be the remains of the ancient Pokemon, Mew. There was sufficient genetic material to replicate Mew. But Giovanni, who funded our project, insisted we try to design superclones more powerful than any living Pokemon! Many attempts failed, but finally our experiments proved successful. We produced a living Pokemon; we called it: Mewtwo! But for some reason the creature's anger is out of control! With its psychic powers it is destroying our laboratory! We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokemon... and we've succeeded... [file ends]
- You were created by humans to obey humans. You could never be our equal.
- Behold my powers! I am the most strongest Pokémon in the world. Stronger even than Mew.
- I will find my own purpose... and purge this planet of all who oppose me, human and Pokémon alike! The world will heed my warning: The Reign of Mewtwo will soon begin.
- You humans are a dangerous species. You brought me into your world with no purpose but to be your slave. But now I have my own purpose. My storm will create my own world... by destroying yours.
- Humans, you have served my purpose. I am sparing your lives, for the moment. But you cannot escape your fate. The hour of my vengeance draws near. [his army of clones arrive] Behold! With Pokémon and humans eliminated, the clones shall inherit the world.
- A human sacrificed himself...to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other. But not until I saw them put aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
- Some trainers have no fear. To them this is just one more challenge. They follow their hearts. That is what sets them apart, and will make them Pokemon masters. Good luck to all of you.
- Pokémon aren't meant to fight...not like this. It's useless. What can come out of it?
- Narrator: Life: the great miracle and the great mystery. Since the beginning humans and Pokémon alike have searched for its meaning. Many strange and wondrous legends have evolved for the pursuits of life's mysteries. But none is stranger than this tale of the most powerful Pokémon of all.
- Pokémon: (slowly wakes up) Where...am I? (looks around and sees itself surrounded in bubbling liquid and sees some people watching him) This is not the same. Was everything before just a dream? Why? (goes back to sleep)
- Female Voice: Doctor! Look at this!
- Doctor Fuji: What?
- Female Voice: Its brainwaves... they're surging!
(More voices are clamoring.)
- Pokémon: (wakes up) Those voices... they're outside... where I must be. (eyes glow blue and breaks the glass container)
(People turn and see the Pokémon.)
- Male Scientist: Radio Giovanni's helicopter! Tell him what's happened!
- Doctor Fuji: Quiet! Let us hear its psychic powers.
- Pokémon: (looks up) Psychic...powers?
- Doctor Fuji: For years we struggled to successfully clone a Pokémon to prove our theories. But you're the first specimen to survive. (shows the Pokémon a picture) That is Mew, the rarest of all Pokémon. From its DNA we created you: Mewtwo.
- Mewtwo: (looks at the picture) Mewtwo? Am I only a copy? Nothing but Mew's shadow?
- Doctor Fuji: You are greater than Mew! Improved through the power of human ingenuity.
- Mewtwo: (turns to the doctor)
- Doctor Fuji: We use the most advanced techniques to develop your awesome psychic powers.
- Mewtwo: So I am simply the end result of your experiment. What becomes of me now that you're experiment is over?
- Doctor Fuji: Oh, our experiment isn't over yet, it's just beginning! Now the serious testing begins.
- Mewtwo: (eyes narrow) These humans...they care nothing for me.
(The scientists congratulate each other.)
- Mewtwo: (becomes tense then looks at his hands, clenching them in anger) Is that my purpose? Am I just an experiment?! A laboratory specimen?! THIS CANNOT BE MY DESTINY! (glows blue and starts destroying the lab)
- Doctor Fuji: (sitting on the ground and watching the lab become engulfed with flames) We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon...
- Mewtwo: (starts to form a blue orb around himself)
- Doctor Fuji: And we succeeded.
- (The blue orb grows bigger and causes an explosion that destroys the lab entirely.)
- Giovanni: Those fools thought you were a science experiment. But I...I see you as a valuable partner
- Mewtwo: Partner?
- Giovanni: With your psychic powers and my resources, together we can control the world.
- Mewtwo: I do not need your help for that, human!
- Giovanni: A wildfire destroys everything in its path. It will be the same with your powers unless you control them. I can help you do that.
- Mewtwo: How?
- Giovanni: Trust me, and I'll show you a way to focus your powers that will make you invincible.
- Mewtwo: Show me!
- Ash: Hungry...need food.
- Misty: Ash! You haven't done a thing all day.
- Ash: I'm too weak to work Misty. I haven't eaten since breakfast.
- Misty: Oh.
- Brock: (cooking) This lunch is going to be perfect for you, Ash. It's my Lazy Boy No Chew Stew.
(Someone approaches Ash and his friends. Pikachu and Togepi stop playing and run back to Ash and Misty.)
- Trainer: Hey you there! I'm looking for a Pokémon trainer named Ash from Pallet Town! You know him?
- Ash: Yeah he's me.
- Trainer: Let's have a match unless you're afraid to lose! (grabs a Pokéball)
- Ash: (stands up in excitement) Ha! I'm afraid you're going to lose this one!
- Misty: Ash, you just said you were too weak to work.
- Jessie: (in Viking costume) Stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, I think I'm going to have one!
- Brock: I didn't know Vikings still existed.
- Ash: They mostly live in Minnesota!
- Ash: Those aren't Vikings!
- Misty: It's Team Rocket!
- Brock: I knew there was something fishy about them, besides the way they smell!
- Jessie: Ha! Prepare for trouble!
- James: And make it double!
- Meowth: [seeing a wave rise behind them] Forget the motto! We're going to have to wait--
- [The wave hits the boat]
- Jessie and James: (watching the screen as the balls are moving through the conveyor belt) There goes Alakazam, Dewgong, Vileplume.
- Meowth: (watching the clone Pokémon being created) Sandshrew, Nidoqueen, Vaporeon. (looks at his clone) But me? I got a special place in my tail for this one.
- Ash: (to Team Rocket) I don't have time for your dumb motto today! (grabs Pikachu's ball but a claw grabs the ball and carries Ash with the ball)
- Jessie and James: (watching the screen and see a silhouette of Pikachu) Who's that Pokémon? It's Pikachu!
- Ash: (fighting with mechanical claws inside the cloning machine) Let go! Stupid machine! Give me back my PIKACHU!
- Ash: Pikachu!
- Pikachu: (turns around and runs to Ash)
- Ash: (hugs Pikachu) I'm so glad that you're okay.
- Ash: You can't do this. I won't let you. (starts walking through the smoke)
- Misty: It's Ash!
- Brock: All right!
- Ash: (starts walking toward Mewtwo with the orginal Pokémon)
- Psyduck: (stands there in confusion)
- Misty: Psyduck!
- Brock: Vulpix!
- Nurse Joy: (watching the Pokémon battle with the other Trainers) Pokemon aren't meant to fight - not like this. It's useless. What can come out of it?
- Neesha: Nothing... but pain.
- Brock: Why can't Mewtwo understand it's not right to force Pokémon to battle this way?
- Misty: They're all living creatures. This just proves that fighting is wrong.
(Brock's Vulpix and its clone fall and stop battling in exhaustion.)
- James: (watching the Pokémon battle with Jessie and Meowth) I was prepared for trouble, but not for this.
- Jessie: Make that double.
- James: Now I can see how horrible fighting really is.
- Jessie: Even the best of friends can fight sometimes.
- James: I'll promise never to fight again if you will! (hugs Jessie and starts crying) Oh Jessie!
- Jessie: (hugs James and starts crying also) Oh James!
- Meowth: (watches Jessie and James then sees his clone) Huh? AH!
- Clone Meowth: (stands up) Meow!
(Both Meowth and its clone retract their claws and prepare for battle but then stop.)
- Meowth: (looks at his claws) Eh, what am I doing?
- Clone Meowth: (looks at his claws also then sits down lazily) Meow.
- Meowth: Let's get something straight, copycat! You-owth ain't going to push Meowth around!
- Clone Meowth: (scratches itself) Meow ow.
- Meowth: You mean...we don't have to fight each other? But how can I trust you? You was born different.
- Clone Meowth: (points to Meowth's claws) Meow ow.
- Meowth: (looks at his claws) I almost made a clawful mistake. But how do I know you're not going to pull a fast one on me?
- Clone Meowth: (looks up to the moon) Meow meow meow.
- Meowth: Huh? (looks up at the moon also) You're right. We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky.
- Clone Meowth: Meow.
- Meowth: Maybe if we started looking at what's the same, instead of always looking at what's different... well, who knows?
- Clone Meowth: Meow.
- Nurse Joy: I wish there was some way to stop them. I don't know what to do!
- Brock: I don't think they'll ever stop. Those Pokemon look like they're ready to fight to the death.
- Misty: That's a fight...that nobody's going to win.
- Ash: Someone's gotta take a stand. Someone's gotta say no, and refuse to fight. Just like Pikachu.
- Mewtwo: Fool! Trying to stop our battle!
- Mew: (turns its head to the side) Mew...?
- Pikachu: Pika pi! (runs to Ash)
- Ash: (turned to stone)
- Pikachu: Pikachu? (tries to wake Ash up by shaking him) Pika. Pika pi.
(The Gyrados and Rhyhorn start roaring.)
- Pikachu: Pika pi. Pikachu! (uses Thunderbolt numerous times on Ash but Ash doesn't wake up)
- Misty: Please, no...
- Pikachu: (still using Thunderbolt) CHUU! (stops using Thunderbolt in exhaustion and panting) Pika pi. (starts crying) Pika pi.
(Around the stadium the Pokémon start to cry, both the originals and the clones. Their tears are floating to Ash's body.)
- Ash: (starts glowing)
- Pikachu: (looks in shock) Pika! (cries one last time)
(A beam of light then shines on Ash.)
- Ash: (his color returns and slowly wakes, looks at Pikachu and smiles) Pikachu.
- Pikachu: Pika pi! (runs to Ash)
- Ash: (hugs Pikachu and laughs)
(The Trainers, Nurse Joy and Pokémon happily rejoice.)
- Mewtwo: (flying with Mew) A human sacrificed himself...to save the Pokémon. I pitted them against each other. But not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside.
- Mew: (nods) Mew.
- Mewtwo: I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
- Mew: Mew.
(Both Mew and Mewtwo begin to glow and use their psychic powers to lift all of the clone Pokémon into the air. The clone Pokémon wave good-bye and fly away with Mew and Mewtwo. Ash, the trainers and the other Pokémon watch them fly away.)
- Ash: Mewtwo, where are you going?
- Mewtwo: (flying away with the clones and Mew) Where my heart can learn what yours knows so well. What transpired here I will always remember. But perhaps for you, these events are best forgotten. (disappears into the clouds with the clones and Mew)
(A bright blue light from the ground begins to lift Ash, the Trainers, the Pokémon. The light continues to increase throughout the stadium.)