Phyllis Schlafly (born 15 August 1924) is an American conservative political activist known for her best-selling 1964 book A Choice, Not An Echo and her opposition to feminism in general and the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) in particular.
- Non-criminal sexual harassment on the job is not a problem for the virtuous woman except in the rarest of cases.
- The atomic bomb is a marvelous gift that was given to our country by a wise God.
- As quoted in "Women are the Best Warmakers" by Raymond Coffey in The Day [New London, Connecticut (8 July 1982)]
- ERA means abortion funding, means homosexual privileges, means whatever else.
- The judges' obsession with smut is astounding.
- Minors are an intended audience for the highly profitable sex industry. Impressionable teenagers are easily persuaded to have abortions, and homosexual clubs in high school are designed for the young.
- It is long overdue for parents to realize they have the right and duty to protect our children against the intolerant evolutionists.
- The worst censors are those prohibiting criticism of the theory of evolution in the classroom.
- And the first commandment of feminism is: I am woman; thou shalt not tolerate strange gods who assert that women have capabilities or often choose roles that are different from men's.
- Men should stop treating feminists like ladies, and instead treat them like the men they say they want to be.
- The cornerstone of the political correctness that dominates campus culture is radical feminism.
- When will American men learn how to stand up to the nagging by the intolerant, uncivil feminists whose sport is to humiliate men?
- Many professors are Marxists or other varieties of radicals who hate America.
- Driver's licenses are a crucial national security issue.
- People think that child-support enforcement benefits children, but it doesn't.
- Every country that has experimented with women in actual combat has abandoned the idea, and the notion that Israel uses women in combat is a feminist myth.
- By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don't think you can call it rape.
- What I am defending is the real rights of women. A woman should have the right to be in the home as a wife and mother.
- United States Senate (1981). Sex Discrimination in the Workplace, 1981: Hearings Before the Committee on Labor and Human Resources. GPO. pp. 400.
- Fouhy, Beth (1999-08-25). "A new version of the ERA". CNN.com. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (September 2004). "Activist Judges Rule for Special Interests". Phyllis Schlafly Report 38 (2). Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2004-12-29). Time to End the Censorship. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-02-16). Feminists On The Warpath Get Their Man. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (April 2005). "Feminist Mischief on College Campuses". Phyllis Schlafly Report 38 (9). Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-04-20). Driver's Licenses For Illegals?. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-05-11). Federal Incentives Make Children Fatherless. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Schlafly, Phyllis (2005-06-01). Women Don't Belong In Ground Combat. Phyllis Schlafly Columns. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- Leonard, J.T. (2007-03-29). "Schlafly cranks up agitation at Bates". Sun Journal. Retrieved on 2007-03-30.
- "The Equal Rights Amendment Falters, and Phyllis Schlafly Is the Velvet Fist Behind the Slowdown". People Magazine. 1975-04-28. Retrieved on 2013-06-11.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language