See also the 1984 film version of Amadeus.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The men climb the Andes.
- The Royal Heart of the Sun, Act I, sc. viii. (1964).
- A notoriously challenging stage-direction, sometimes misquoted as "They cross the Andes".
- Rehearsing a play is making the word flesh. Publishing a play is reversing the process.
- Equus (Harmondsworth: Penguin,  1984) p. 8.
- Tragedy, for me, is not a conflict between right and wrong, but between two different kinds of right.
- Interviewed by Mike Wood for the William Inge Center for the Arts.