|The neutrality of this article is disputed.
Please see discussion on the talk page.
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef (born 1920) is a former Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel. He is highly revered in the religious world, especially in the Sephardi and Mizrahi communities for his erudition and Torah scholarship.
Last modified on 29 December 2011, at 16:52↑Jump back a section
- Saving a life overrides territories.
- Sentence according to Jewish law, 1979
- Hebrew source
- It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable. […] The Lord shall return the Arabs' deeds on their own heads, waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them from this world.
- There was a tsunami and there are terrible natural disasters, all of this because of too little Torah study. Where there is Torah it sustains the world. There are negros there [in New Orleans]. Negros will study Torah? Let's bring them a tsunami, drown them. Hundreds of thousands were left without a shelter. Tens of thousands died. All of this is because they have no God.
- They don't observe the Sabbath, they don't observe the Torah, they don't pray, they don't put on phylacteries every day. Is it any wonder that they're killed? It's no wonder. May the Almighty have mercy on them and bring them back to religion.
- "Israel rabbi in fallen troops row". BBC News. 27 August 2007.