Not the Nine O'Clock News is a television comedy sketch show which was broadcast on BBC 2 from 1979 to 1982, and which launched the careers of its stars - Rowan Atkinson, Mel Smith, Griff Rhys Jones and Pamela Stephenson.
John McEnroe sketchEdit
[Breakfast in the McEnroe household]
- McEnroe Snr (Smith): John, don't slurp your orange juice.
- McEnroe (Jones): ...You cannot be serious!
- Chief Inspector (Atkinson): All together, Savage, you have filed 55 ludicrous, trumped-up charges [...] against the same man!
- Chief Inspector: Do I take it, Savage, that Mr Kodogo is .... a coloured gentleman?
- Savage (Jones) I can't say I've ever noticed, sir.
Two Ronnies spoofEdit
- Corbett (Jones): Good evening - it's lovely to be with you again, isn't it Ronnie?
- Barker (Smith): No, it's a pain in the arse, quite frankly... but you'll be relieved to hear that tonight we'll be doing exactly the same material...
- Corbett: ... as we've been doing for the last twenty years.
- Barker: I shall be doing spousands of thoonerisms and dressing up in women's clothing...
- Corbett: ...and I won't be getting any laughs at all, because he writes most of the script and makes sure I get all the crappy bits.