A national anthem is a generally patriotic musical composition that is evoking and eulogizing the history, traditions and struggles of its people, recognized either by a nation's government as the official national song, or by convention through use by the people.
- In joyful strains then let us sing,
"Advance Australia fair!"
- Advance Australia Fair (Australia, lyric by Peter Dodds McCormick)
- O Canada! Our home and native land!
- O Canada (Canada, English lyric by Robert Stanley Weir)
- To arms, citizens!
Form your battalions!
- Make her praises heard afar,
God defend New Zealand.
- Oh Fatherland, one feels the voice
Of your distinguished forefathers,
That shall lead you to victory!
- Let our voices soar as one
- San Min Chu-i,
Our aim shall be: [......]
- Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen.
- God Save the Queen (United Kingdom, unknown authorship)