James Murray Kempton was a journalist who won the 1985 Pulitzer Prize for Commentary.
- "One does not attend this movie [The Ten Commandments]; one enlists in it."
- "The faces in New York remind me of people who had played a game and lost."
- "Great care has gone into the construction of the shadow which declares itself to be Richard Nixon."
- "If you talk to gangsters long enough, you’ll find out they’re just as bad as respectable people."
- "In baseball, the true class enemy is not the boss, but the fan."