Mordvin is a language spoken in Southwestern and Southeastern Russia.
- Nu vedzi grinda di ti ocl'iul a tau, ma vedzi sil'ea altui..
- Idiomatic translation: You see the splinter in another's eye but fail to see the beam in your own.
- Paczolay, Gyula (1997). European Proverbs in 55 languages. DeProverbio.com. p. 131. ISBN 1-875943-44-7.
- Munte cu munte nu s'adună, ma omlu totna va și s'va.
- Idiomatic translation: A mountain never meets a mountain, but a man meets a man.
- Meaning: There are some things/events that are impossible, like an encounter of mountains, but there is always a chance for people to meet. or Once can always find a possibility for revenge.
- Source for proverbs and meaning: Paczolay, Gyula (1997). European Proverbs in 55 languages. DeProverbio.com. p. 213. ISBN 1-875943-44-7.
Last modified on 12 June 2013, at 06:22
- Nu se poate sluji doi paroni.
- Translation: Nobody can serve two masters.
- English equivalent: Also, Nobody can serve two masters.
- Meaning: One cannot serve two conflicting causes simultaneously. If this is attempted neither will be served properly.
- Source for meaning and proverbs: Paczolay, Gyula (1997). European Proverbs in 55 languages. DeProverbio.com. p. 283. ISBN 1-875943-44-7.