Moetan (もえたん) is an anime produced by Bandai Visual and based on the series of English language study aid published by SansaiBooks in Japan.
Magical Teacher 
- Ah-kun: Where am I?
- Ink Nijihara: The duck talked!
- Ah-kun: What? Where? Where? For real? What are you talking about? There is no duck in sight.
- [She shows him a mirror]
- Ah-kun: Ah, a duck. A duck?!
- [He faints]
- Ah-kun: What's your name?
- Ink Nijihara: Ink Nijihara.
- Ah-kun: What a strange name …
- Ink Nijihara: Huh?!
- Ah-kun: My name is Arks Sheldart Elbyas.
I Don't Need a Rival 
- Sumi Kuroi: It's all your fault. This time I'll accept your challenge as a rival.
- [She stumbles and falls over]
- Ink Nijihara: Are you all right, Sumi-chan?
- Sumi Kuroi: Remember this!
- Ink Nijihara: So what'll happen after collecting all these points?
- Ah-kun: I can return to the magic kingdom.
- Ink Nijihara: What? Really?!
- Ah-kun: Yes. So work hard for my sake.
- Ink Nijihara: I get the feeling I'm being manipulated …
- Ah-kun: Don't think too much about the details. Here, I bought you a cake. Eat it!
- Ink Nijihara: Thanks!
Great Scare Tactics 
- Nao-kun: [describing Ink] She is … you know, she is … very short. She's already a high school student, so why is she so short?
- Magical Teacher Pastel Ink: W-well, that's …
- Nao-kun: Speaking of which, you're pretty short too.
- Magical Teacher Pastel Ink: I'm just fine the way I am!
The Idol Within Time 
- Ink Nijihara: This is Alice-chan, and this is her hit single, "English Words for Love".
- Ah-kun: "English Words for Love"? That's a pretty outdated title for a song.
- Ink Nijihara: It's got an 80's feel to it, right? Not that I'd know much about the 80's.
A Little Memory 
- Ink Nijihara: Interrogative sentences usually begin with the same why-question. You can find them here. See, isn't this fun?
- [Little Sumi starts crying]
- Ink Nijihara: Sumi-chan?
- Little Sumi Kuroi: I don't get English!
- Ah-kun: [reprimanding] You can't teach a child such complicated material!
The First Date 
- Nao-kun: [in Ink's dream] It makes me very happy to be with you like this. The blue sky … the beautiful you … this meaningless duck … and me!
- Ruriko: Do I make myself clear, Ojou-sama? You are stupid enough as it is. But if you don't learn to study, you'll magnify your idiocy, and turn into a mega … no, giga … no, more than that … a tera-class, high-capacity idiot!
- Sumi Kuroi: Ehh?! Really?
- Ruriko: Yes, it's the truth.
The Targeted School Festival 
- Alice Shiratori: I'll cut to the chase. Arks, I'm here to test you! I want to see you reveal your true nature!
- Ah-kun: My true nature?!
- Ink Nijihara: Isn't he a true pervert?
- Ah-kun: Shut up!
- Rina Tanaka: Remi! The truth is … the truth is … I … there is a reason why … I was wearing makeup.
- Remi Suzuki: It's okay, you don't have to tell me. Everyone has a secret or two.
- Rina Tanaka: Remi …
- Remi Suzuki: It's all right, our friendship won't fail just because of that.
- Rina Tanaka: Remi!
- Remi Suzuki: I'm sorry that I asked something weird.
- Rina Tanaka: [embraces her] Remi!
- Remi Suzuki: Rina. Rina …
- Rina Tanaka: [crying] You are … you are … such a good friend!
- Remi Suzuki: Rina …
- Rina Tanaka: Look at this … this …
- [She points at a zit]
- Remi Suzuki: Acne?
- Rina Tanaka: This is embarrassing for me, but … actually, even after I took care of the acne, it wouldn't go away.
- Remi Suzuki: So you tried to hide it with makeup?
The Wind... Flows 
- Sumi Kuroi: [thinking] I just rang the doorbell. What should I do? What should I do?
- Ink Nijihara: [comes outside] Huh? Sumi-chan, what's wrong?
- Sumi Kuroi: Uh, you see … it's nothing!
- Ink Nijihara: Huh?
- Sumi Kuroi: This is … uh … a ding-dong ditch!
- Ink Nijihara: A ding-dong ditch?
- Sumi Kuroi: Th-that's right! It's just a impulsive prank!
- Ink Nijihara: [smiles] I see, it's a prank.
Forbidden Time 
- Ah-kun: Ink, something terrible has happened!
- Ka-kun: The Magical Kingdom is collapsing!
- Ink Nijihara: Wait. What are you talking about all of a sudden?
- Ah-kun: The truth is …
- [He whispers "gunja gunja gunja gunja" in her ear, Ink is shocked]
- Ah-kun: That's why you have to lend us your power!
- Ink Nijihara: Okay, but … I don't know what "gunja gunja" means.
Don't Give Up, Examinee! 
- Sumi Kuroi: It's obvious looking at your face that you're worried about something. Talk to me.
- [Ink says nothing]
- Sumi Kuroi: Don't give me that! I'm telling you to talk to me!
- Ink Nijihara: But …
- Sumi Kuroi: Geez … how irritating! Ahem. We are … uh … "friends", right?
- Ink Nijihara: Eh? What?
- Sumi Kuroi: [exasperated] I said we are … "friends" …
- Ink Nijihara: Uh … I can't hear you.
- Sumi Kuroi: [angry] I said that we are friends!
- Pen-san: We are your opponents.
- Muni-san: We'll join, too.
- Dandy: Ah! They are …
- Mio Tezuka: What is it?
- Dandy: Pen-san and Muni-san, who appeared in the original. But since the anime staff thought that Ah-kun was enough, these characters were left out!
- Mio Tezuka: Oh, so they are useless characters …
- Dandy: Leave them to me!
- [He performs a Dandy King Blaster]
- Pen-san and Muni-san: [burning up] We finally appeared and it's already over?
Last modified on 25 July 2012, at 07:20↑Jump back a section
The Supreme Ruler at the End of the Century 
- Ka-kun: I'm your opponent!
- Mio Tezuka: Ah! Ka-kun!
- Alice Shiratori: He's a different Ka-kun from this world.
- Ka-kun: Here I come!
- [He transforms into Karks]
- Mio Tezuka: [swoons] He's unexpectedly cool!