Max Payne is a 2008 noir action film based on the 2001 video game of the same name by Remedy Entertainment. It was written by Beau Thorne and was directed by John Moore. The film stars Mark Wahlberg in the title role as Max Payne, Mila Kunis as Mona Sax, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges as Jim Bravura and Beau Bridges as BB Hensley. The film resolves around revenge, centering on a policeman's journey through New York City's criminal underworld, as he investigates the deaths of his wife and child.
- Max Payne: There's an army of bodies under this river, people who ran out of time, out of friends. I could feel the dead down there, reaching up to welcome me as one of their own. It was an easy mistake to make.
- Captain Bowen: Remember when you were a kid and you'd hold on your breath when you run past a graveyard? Leave that man alone.
- Lincoln DeNeuf: The Devil is building his army. Max Payne is looking for something that God wants to stay hidden. That is what makes him more dangerous.
- Max Payne: I don't know about Heaven, but I believe in angels.
- Max Payne: I don't believe in Heaven. I belive in Pain. I believe in Fear. I believe in Death.
- Mona Sax: Drop it, shithead.
- Max Payne: Just take it easy.
[Max drops gun]
- Mona Sax: Give me your backup piece with your left hand.
- Max Payne: That's it.
- Mona Sax: Kneel down.
- Max Payne: What?
- Mona Sax: Kneel the fuck down!
- Mona Sax: We need to talk about my sister.
- BB Hensley: And I still get paid like the Janitor.
- Michelle Payne: Not yet, Max...
- Mona Sax: You don't want to make it out alive. You think that if he puts you out of your misery, that you will be with them again?
- Max Payne: Yeah. I hope that's how it works.