The Grotto (1732)Edit
- Nor bigots who but one way see,
Through blinkers of authority.
The Spleen (1737)Edit
- To cure the mind's wrong bias, Spleen,
Some recommend the bowling green;
Some, hilly walks; all, exercise;
Fling but a stone, the giant dies.
- Fling but a stone, the giant dies.
- Avarice, sphincter of the heart.
- Thus I steer my bark, and sail
On even keel, with gentle gale.
- Though pleased to see the dolphins play,
I mind my compass and my way.
Last modified on 23 May 2013, at 17:22