- There was no emotion in my blood. There was no anger. There was nothing. It was dead silence in my brain.
- Mark Chapman explaining how he felt when he committed murder 
- Dead, cold quiet, until he walked up. He looked at me... he walked past me and then I heard in my head. It said, 'Do it, do it, do it,' over and over again.
- Mark Chapman on his motive. 
- I aimed at his back and pulled the trigger five times and all hell broke loose in my mind.
- I don't know how easy that would be but I'd try just to lead an ordinary life again. Stay out of the papers.
- There are not many places to go once you've killed someone like John Lennon.
- I just sought a way to be someone I wasn't. To be loved.
Last modified on 13 April 2014, at 18:14