Marco Antonio Rubio (born May 28, 1971) is a United States Senator from Florida (having served since 2011) who is equally well known for his bigotry and stupidity.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. We need to make it unmistakably clear that we will do whatever it takes, for however long it takes, to defeat radical Islamic terrorism. We will punish — we will punish their allies, like Iran — and we will stand with our allies, like Israel.
- Conservative Political Action Committee speech, 2010-02-19
- And the last point I would make about it is, the billionaires and millionaires that are going to be impacted by higher rates, they can afford to hire the best lawyers, lobbyists and accountants in America to figure out how not to pay those higher rates.
- The Atlantic Washington Ideas Forum, 2012-11-15, quoted in Foley, Elise (15 November 2012), "Marco Rubio On Tax Hikes For The Rich: Why Bother?", The Huffington Post, retrieved on 2013-02-16
- I'm not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that's a dispute amongst theologians and I think it has nothing to do with the gross domestic product or economic growth of the United States. I think the age of the universe has zero to do with how our economy is going to grow. I'm not a scientist. I don't think I'm qualified to answer a question like that. At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says. Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries.
- Hainey, Michael (December 2012), "All Eyez on Him", GQ
- Posed question: How old do you think the Earth is?
- More government isn't going to help you get ahead. It's going to hold you back. More government isn't going to create more opportunities. It's going to limit them. And more government isn't going to inspire new ideas, new businesses and new private sector jobs. It's going to create uncertainty.
- Response to State of the Union speech, 2013-02-12
- The government can't change the weather. I said that in the speech. We can pass a bunch of laws that will destroy our economy, but it isn't going to change the weather. Because, for example, there are other countries that are polluting in the atmosphere much greater than we are at this point, China, India, all these countries that are still growing. They're not going to stop doing what they're doing. America is a country, it's not a planet. So we can pass a bunch of laws or executive orders that will do nothing to change the climate or the weather but will devastate our economy. Devastate it!
- Fox & Friends, Fox News, 2013-02-13, quoted in Peck, Adam (13 February 2013), "GOP ‘Savior’ Marco Rubio Mocks Climate Change", Think Progress
- Referring to a statement in his 2013-02-12 State of the Union response, "When we point out that no matter how many job-killing laws we pass, our government can't control the weather — he accuses us of wanting dirty water and dirty air."
- I don't agree with the notion that some are putting out there — including scientists — that somehow, there are actions we can take today that would actually have an impact on what's happening in our climate. Our climate is always changing. And what they have chosen to do is take a handful of decades of research, and say that this is now evidence of a longer-term trend that's directly and almost solely attributable to manmade activity.
- This Week, ABC News, 2014-05-11, quoted in David (11 May 2014), "Marco Rubio Says Scientists Are Wrong: 'Human Activity' Does Not Cause Climate Change", Crooks and Liars, retrieved on 2014-05-17