Magnus Carlsen (born 30 November 1990) is a Norwegian chess Grandmaster who is currently the number one ranked player in the world. In January 2010 he became the seventh player ranked number one in the world on the official FIDE rating list.
- I am not some sort of freak. I might be very good at chess but I'm just a normal person.
- I love the game, and I love to compete, but I am not obsessed with the struggle.
- I get more upset at losing at other things than chess. I always get upset when I lose at Monopoly.
- I feel sorry for players who are always lying awake at night, brooding over their games.
Quotes about Carlsen
- You could say that both Fischer and Carlsen had or have the ability to let chess look simple. – Viswanathan Anand
- In six months of working with Magnus I have seen in him many of the qualities of the great champions. – Garry Kasparov
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language