- Remember where you are. This is Thunderdome. Death is listening, and will take the first man that screams.
- You think I don't know the law? Huh? Wasn't it me who wrote it? And I say this man has broken the law. Right or wrong, we had a deal. And the law says, "Bust a deal and face the Wheel!"
- Well, ain't we a pair, raggedy man? [laughs] Goodbye soldier!
- Two men enter; one man leaves!
- Bust a deal, face the Wheel!
- Listen on! Listen on! This is the truth of it. Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring, and that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now, busted up and everyone talking about hard rain! But we've learned! By the dust of them all, Bartertown learned. Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here, and it finishes here! Two men enter; one man leaves.
- And now, I've got two men — two men with a gut full of fear. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dying time's here!
- Thunderdome's simple. Get to the weapons. Use them any way you can. I know you won't break the rules. There aren't any.
- This you know: the years travel fast, and time after time I done the tell. But this ain't onebody's tell. It's the tell of us all, and you've gotta listen and to 'member, 'cause what you hears today you gotta tell the newborn tomorrow. I's lookin' behind us now into history back. I sees those of us who got the luck and started the haul for home, and I 'members how it led us here and how we was heartful 'cause we seen what there once was. One look and we knewed we'd got it straight. Those what had gone before had the knowin' and the doin' of things beyond our reckonin' — even beyond our dreamin'. Time counts and keeps countin', and we knows now: finding the trick of what's been and lost ain't no easy ride, but that's our trek. We gotta travel it, and there ain't nobody knows where it's gonna lead. Still in all, every night we does the tell so that we 'member who we was and where we came from. But most of all we 'members the man who finded us, him that came a-salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of him that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there'll come a night when they sees the distant light and they'll be comin' home.
- The Collector: People come here to trade, make a little profit, do a little business. If you have nothing to trade, you've got no business in Bartertown.
- Max: An hour on the inside. That's all.
- The Collector: Next!
- Max: I've got skills. I can trade them.
- The Collector: Sorry. The brothel's full.
- The Collector: If you find him, what then?
- Max: I'll ask him to return what's mine.
- The Collector: Oh, and of course he'll be desperate to clear his conscience.
- Max: He will be.
- The Collector: You that good?
- Max: mmm-hmm
- The Collector: Perhaps you've got something to trade after all.
- Max: So what's the plan?
- Pig Killer: Plan? There ain't no plan!