- [Motoko blasts Keitarō skyward.] Keitarō, did the Earth look blue from up there?
- Hi-ho, Silver! Jitterbug! Rhumba!
- Tee-hee! I'm impressed with the magic from the ruins of Todai! I never thought you'd make a "sewage disposal!" [Meaning to say "marriage proposal."]
- [As Keitarō and the others discuss getting into Tokyo U] What's a tokyou? Can you eat it?
- It had three holes, and I really wanted one!
- [After Su kidnaps Naru in Molmol] Goddammit, Su, we were getting along so fine! This is not a sci-fi manga!!
- [When Keitarō returns to Hinata House from the hospital, he thinks everyone will receive him warmly there, but in fact only Tama-chan greets him] Oh boy... I spent three weeks away... You're the only one nice to me here, Tama-chan...
- [After Naru punches Keitarō, his pants rip and she offers to fix it] Oohhh! A sewing kit! So you can do something feminine for a change!
- [After using one of Motoko's sword techniques against her] "You use that attack so often on me, I sorta claimed it as my own. (Think of it like Blue Magic from the Fina Fantasy series)"
- [Laying down in the sand, without his glasses, after seeing Mutsumi and Naru playing in the water] Where are we? Oh, I know... this must be heaven! And the angels have come to take me to the peraly gates! Angels with swimsuits... SWIMSUITS!?
- I see. So basically, while indecisively hesitating to confess your love to Naru, whom you've secretly had a crush on, the man that Naru admires returns. Thus, not only did you miss your chance to confess, but the two of you are becoming more distant and you're wetting your pillow with tears. Is that the situation?
- [Keitarō breaks one of his legs.] So you were human after all!
- [Kaolla is dreaming of Lamba and grabs Keitarō, who shouts very loud in agony.] I told you, it gets worse by night....
- [about Motoko flunking her entrance exam] Keitaro's gonna get a good laugh when he hears this samurai turned into a ronin...(Ronin refers both to an unemployed Samurai and a Student who flunks his/her Entrance Exam)
- [enters Keitarō's room and finds Keitarō, Su and Naru lying in a heap on the futon] Ooh, Keitaro, you stud!!
- [after Keitarō rejects her idea of her, dressed in Naru's school uniform, staying with him] Why the hell does every guy around me prefer Naru? This is getting so deep into my nerves...
- [Keitarō and Naru are looking for the then-unnamed Tama-chan; Kitsune, drunk, peeks into Keitarō's pants] Isn't the turtle in here?
- Secret Arts: Air Splitting Sword.
- Secret Arts: Rock Splitting Sword.
- Ever since that elusive, definitely audacious, insolent, high-roller of a turtle showed up here at Hinata Apartments, I haven't had a good night's sleep.
- Damn you. You're nothing but a lowly Reptilia Anapsida Testudinata.
- C-c-cute? You have the gall to refer to me as CUTE?
- [after Keitarō defeats her on his way to rescue Naru]] Stop apologizing so much... Idiot...
- [Naru is climbing up a moving dirigible, trying to get Keitarō back.] I won't fall... I won't fall.... At least not while I don't punch him in the face....
- [Naru is sewing Keitarō's pants.] I can't believe your goofiness... When will you stop relying so much on me?
- [on the delay of Keitarō and Seta's plane to the USA] Thank God... I'll enjoy to the fullest these three hours He's given us... I'll say what I couldn't say and do what I couldn't do.
- [Haruka is wearing a wedding dress.] Why are you dressed like that? Are you cosplaying?
- It doesn't matter. I could walk forever and I'd still end up in the same place. I know where I want to go, but I have no idea how I'm going to get there. So I just keep walking.
- <while drunk> Doesn't matter to me what you do with that floozy. (An' I want boobies!)
- Kaolla: So, what are we gonna do with him?
- Naru: Crucify and torture him, cut out his tongue, and send him to Hell!
- Keitarō: NOOOOOOOO!
[Kitsune places Keitarō hand on her breast.]
- Kitsune: That's worth a month's rent.
- Keitarō: Huh?
- Kitsune: What, weren't you listening? You cop one feel, I get one month's rent free.
- Keitarō: What're you talking about?
[Naru barges in.]
- Naru: What do you think you're doing, you sleaze?
- Kitsune: [Fake sobbing] H-he started grabbing my breasts, going, "You like it here? How about here?"
- Keitarō: It's the other way around!
- Kaolla: Hey, Keitarō, here for a midnight fling? If it's you, I don't mind.
- Keitarō: W-What are you saying?
- Kaolla: By the way, do flings taste good?
[Kitsune "accidentally" dumps water on Naru's cheerleading uniform.]
- Naru: W-what the heck are you doing, Kitsune?
- Kitsune: Sorry! I'm really sorry! My hand slipped!
- Naru: I have to be at work in a few minutes! What am I gonna do now?
- Kitsune: I feel so bad! I'll earn your share of the money, so please forgive me!
- Naru: You will?
- Kitsune: Cross my heart. Trust me, just look into these eyes.
- Haruka: It's a shame you don't have a boyfriend yet.
- Motoko: W-what are you saying? You're my role model, Miss Haruka.
- Haruka: Role model?
- Motoko: You've avoided tawdry romances, relying on no man, and are living your life on your own terms.
- Haruka: I wouldn't put it in such glowing terms. It's just that living at Hinata Apartments lets me get away with not thinking about things that aren't too pleasant to dwell on.
[Mutsumi gets a perfect score on her practice exam.]
- Naru: Wow!
- Keitarō: You got a perfect score!
- Naru: You're actually a total genius!
- Keitarō: H-how could you fail the entrance exam three times with these scores?
- Mutsumi: Well, I'm guessing it's because I'm a klutz and I'm frail, and I'd keep forgetting to write down my name, or I'd faint before reaching the exam hall and be hospitalized.
[Su becomes an adult (again), and thinks Keitarō's her brother (again).]
- Kaolla: Come, Brother. Come with me.
- Keitarō: W-what's happened to you, Su? You're all grown up again! [Su leans over to kiss Keitarō.] Uh, but the adult Su has that exotic, ethnic charm going.
- Mutsumi: This way, I can take a good, long look at your face. When I look at your face, Keitarō, I feel so tranquil, like I know you from a long, long, time ago. That's what made me want to study with you for our entrance exams. Am I causing trouble for you?
- Keitarō: N-no.
- Mutsumi: I want to go to Tokyo U, together with you.
[Naru had just punched Keitarō because she walked in on him.]
- Naru: Hee hee... I'm sorry, I gotta recognize that these things happen. Okay, it's usually the other way around....
- Keitarō: So... why do I have to be smacked for that?
- Naru: It's just that... it has already became involuntary....
[After the giboshi of Nippon Budokan falls on Keitarō, Mutsumi thinks he's dead when he rises from underneath it.]
- Keitarō: Ouch... I thought I was gonna die.
- Mutsumi: You really don't die easy, eh, Keitarō...?
[Seta, Haruka, Naru, and Keitarō are hiding from Molmol aircrafts that are chasing Seta.]
- Noriyasu: Hmmm, how thrilling. That reminds me of our past perils....
- Haruka: I'd rather not to remember it.
- Keitarō: Have you ever been through stuff like these before?
- Noriyasu: [Laughs] Lots of times!
- Keitarō: I want you to come with me, Narusegawa. I don't care if we're going to Todai or Tokyo U... But when we do... I just wanna be with you.
- Naru: K... Keitarō... are... are you... proposing me... on... on marriage....?
- Keitarō: Yeah....
[Naru chuckles, then starts laughing out loud.]
- Keitarō: What are you laughing about?
- Naru: You got so serious all of a sudden, I didn't expect for that!
- Haruka: You're just like Seta. You know nothing about women's feelings. Naru's not like me, you know; if you want to keep your relationship alive, you gotta do "that."
- Keitarō: [Surprised] What? Do "that?" You mean "that?"
- Sara: What's "that?"
- Haruka: [Slaps Keitarō in the face] Don't say it so loud! When I say "that," I do mean "that." You're an adult, you know what it's all about!
- Sara: What's "that?!"
- Keitarō: Oh, yeah! Sure, it's "that!" We're grown-ups after all-- [Sara starts choking him, demanding to know what "that" is.]
- Keitarō: When Aunt Haruka told me do do "that," I thought she said I should talk to you neatly....
- Naru: Uh, I don't think that's what she meant.
- Keitarō: Well, actually, I found it a bit odd, too.... Anyway, what really is "that?"
- Naru: Eh... "that"... is "that."
- Keitarō: Gaaah! I don't get it! Please be clearer!
- Naru: [Starts walking away and blushes.] You idiot! Don't you go and put me to shame! You creep!
[Kaolla receives an e-mail from Keitarō in her palmtop]
- Kaolla: Oh, darn! The encoding bugged, and now there's a lotta script errors!
- Motoko: Hmph! That techno-retard!
- Sara: C'mon, you can't even dial on a cell phone!
- Kitsune: Now, now, tell me what afflicts your poor little self... You got a friend here...
- Keitarō: Ehh... It's-it's nothing... It's really nothing...
- Kitsune: It's Naru, right?
[face fault showing Keitarō with a knife stuck in his head]
[Keitarō tells Motoko how Tsuruko saved him from being overran]
- Tsuruko: [giggling] I didn't know that cars in Tokyo used to attack people...
- Keitarō: [embarrassed] They don't really use to...
- Kitsune: Damn, you still are the King of the Unlucky, eh, Keitarō?
- Kaolla: [laughing] You're a bad luck magnet!
- Keitarō: Hey, stop that!
[Naru hits Keitaro into the air after he saw her breasts (again).]
- Naru: Haven't you seen my breasts enough!?
- Keitarō: [while flying away] Is that a trick question!?
[Kitsune is wearing Naru's high school uniform, trying to cheer Keitarō up]
- Kitsune: If it doesn't work with her, what about me dressed like her?
- Keitarō: What's with that stupid way of thinking?!
- Kitsune: C'mon, don't you wanna take a sniff from Naru's uniform?
- Keitarō: Narusegawa would never do that!!!
[the girls are thinking of a way to soften Kanako's treatment of them]
- Mutsumi: I wonder what Keitarō had written in his letter... There might be something helpful there, who knows?
- Kitsune: Letter from Keitarō?...
- Naru: Letter? What letter?
- Mutsumi: Don't you remember? I handed it to you a few chapters ago.
- Naru: But you said it was a letter for Keitarō!!
- Mutsumi: Gee, did I err? That was a letter from Keitarō!
Read in another language
This page is available in 2 languages