Little Shop of Horrors is a musical based on a 1960 horror film The Little Shop of Horrors directed by Roger Corman. The musical about a huge flesh-eating plant was first produced in 1982 and adapted to cinema in 1986.
- In the early years of the twentieth century, in an early year of a decade not too long before our own, the human race suddenly encountered a deadly threat to its very existence. And this terrifying enemy surfaced, as such enemies often do, in the most seemingly innocent, and unlikely, of places...
- Wait for me, Audrey. This is between me and the vegetable!
- [Singing about Mr. Mushnik] And he calls me a slob, which I am …
- [Singing about her dream house] With a washer and a dryer, and an ironing machine … somewhere that's green.
- [repeated line] Feed me!
- [Asking Seymour what he wants] Money? Girls. One particular girl! How 'bout that Aaaaauuuudrey? Think it over! There must be someone you can 86 real quiet-like, and get me some LUNCH!!!
- DOES THIS LOOK "INANIMATE" TO YOU, PUNK?! If I can talk and I can move, who's to say I can't do anything I want?!
- Seymour: The Audrey II is not a healthy girl.
- Mr. Mushnik: Strictly between us – neither is the Audrey I.
- Seymour: You see, sir, if you were to put a plant like this in the window, then maybe …
- Mr. Mushnik: Maybe what? Maybe what! Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Just because you put a strange and interesting plant in the window, people don't suddenly …
- Customer: Excuse me. I couldn't help noticing that strange and interesting plant. What is it?
- Audrey: It's an Audrey … II!
- Audrey: Seymour's first radio broadcast! I wanted to hear it so bad. I tried to be on time, but …
- Mr. Mushnik: Don't tell me. You got tied up.
- Audrey: No. Just handcuffed a little.
- Audrey II: Feed me.
- Seymour: Under no circumstances.
- Audrey II: Feed me.
- Seymour: I will not, so stop asking.
- Audrey II: Feed me!
- Seymour: No! No more! I can't take living with the guilt.
- Audrey II: Tough titty.
- Seymour: Watch your language.
- Audrey II: Ah, cut the crap! Bring on the meat!
- Seymour: I'll run to the corner, pick you up some nice ground round. How about that?
- Audrey II: Don't do me no favors!
- Seymour: Well?
- Audrey II: Hmm...?
- Seymour: It's my last offer. Yes or no?
- Audrey II: You sure do drive a hard bargain.
- Seymour: Done! Fine. Great. Don't think you're getting dessert!
- Seymour: Every household in America. Thousands of you, eating. That's what you had planned all along, isn't it?!
- Audrey II: [smugly] Noooooooooo shit, Sherlock!
- Seymour: We're not talking about one hungry plant here. We're talking about world conquest!
- Audrey II: And I wanna thank you!
- Seymour: You won't get away with this! Your kind never does!
- Audrey II: [laughs maniacally]
- Seymour: I don't care what it takes, only one of us gets out of here alive!