List of religious texts
This page can be used to create links to specific religious texts of various traditions. Preferably all future pages that are on religious texts will have the label: [[Category:Religious texts]], which will automatically place them on that Category page. Follow the link at the bottom of this page to get to that listing.
Sacred texts of various religions:
- Hinduism: Shruti (Vedas, including the Rigveda; also Aranyakas, Brahmanas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Mahābhārata, Ramayana); Panchatantra
- Buddhism: The Tipitaka, the Dhammapada, and other Buddhist texts.
- Ayyavazhi: The Akilattirattu Ammanai and Arul Nool.
- Judaism: The Hebrew Bible (Tanakh = Torah, Nevi'im, and Ketuvim)
- Zoroastrianism: The Zend-Avesta
- Christianity: The Christian Bible
- Taoism: The Dao de jing, also Chuang Tzu, and The I Ching
- Confucianism: The Analects of Confucius, also The I Ching
- Islam: The Qur'an, The Hadees e Rasool Sallala ho alyhe wasallam
- Mandaeanism: The Ginza Rba
- Sikhism: The Guru Granth Sahib and The Dasam Granth Sahib
- Mormonism: The Christian Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants
- Bahá'í Faith: The Kitab-i-Iqan, plus many other writings including ones from other faiths
- Thelema: The Holy Books of Thelema especially Liber Al vel Legis