Leaving Las Vegas is a 1995 film about a suicidal alcoholic who has ended his personal and professional life to drink himself to death in Las Vegas. While there, he forms an uneasy friendship and non-interference pact with a hardened prostitute.
- [to Sera] We both know that I'm a drunk. And I know you are a hooker. I hope you understand that I am a person who is totally at ease with that. Which is not to say that I'm indifferent or I don't care, I do. It simple means that I trust and accept your judgment.
- Are you desirable? Are you irresistible? Maybe if you drank bourbon with me, it would help. Maybe if you kissed me and I could taste the sting in your mouth it would help. If you drank bourbon with me naked. If you smelled of bourbon as you fucked me, it would help. It would increase my esteem for you. If you poured bourbon onto your naked body and said to me "drink this". If you spread your legs and you had bourbon dripping from your breasts and your pussy and said "drink here" then I could fall in love with you. Because then I would have a purpose. To clean you up and that, that would prove that I'm worth something. I'd lick you clean so that you could go away and fuck someone else.
- [to Sera] I'll tell you, right now... I'm in love with you. But, be that as it may, I am not here to force my twisted soul into your life.
- You can fuck me in the ass. You can cum on my face. Just keep it out of my hair. I just washed it
- Included with the rent 'round here is a complimentary blow-job.
- That's nice talk, Ben - keep drinking. Between the 101-proof breath and the occasional bits of drool, some interesting words come out.
- You go back to your hotel and I'll go back to my glamorous life of being alone. The only thing I have to come home to is a bottle of mouthwash to get the taste of cum out of my mouth. I'm tired of being alone. That's what I'm tired of.
- Ben: I came here to drink myself to death.
- Sera: How long will it take you?
- Ben: I'd say about three to four weeks.
- Sera: Is drinking a way of killing yourself?
- Ben: Or, is killing myself a way of drinking?
- Sera: So why are you a drunk?
- Ben: Why am I a drunk? Is that really what you wanna ask me?
- Sera: Yes.
- Ben: Well, then, this is our first date, or our last. Until now I wasn't sure it was either.
- Sera: Don't you like me, Ben?
- Ben: Sera... what you don't understand is - no, see, no. You can never, never ask me to stop drinking. Do you understand?
- Sera: I do. I really do.
- Ben: Don't you think you'd get a little bored, living with a drunk?
- Sera: Well... that's what I want.
- Ben: You haven't seen the worst of it. I knock things over... throw up all the time. These past few days I've been very controlled. You're like some sort of antidote that mixes with the liquor and keeps me in balance. But, that won't last forever.
- Sera: [Ben has been on another binge] I want you to see a doctor.
- Ben: Sera... I'm not gonna see a doctor. Perhaps now would be a good time for me to move back to a motel.
- Sera: And do what? Rot away in a room? We're not gonna talk about that. Fuck you, we're not gonna talk about that! [starts to cry] You're staying here! You could do this for me. I've given you gallons of free will around here. You could do this one thing for me! [pause] I have to go to work now.
- Nicolas Cage - Ben Sanderson
- Elisabeth Shue - Sera
- Julian Sands - Yuri Butso
- Richard Lewis - Peter
- Valeria Golino - Terri
- Steven Weber - Marc Nussbaum
- Emily Procter - Debbie
- Xander Berkeley - Cynical Cabbie