Following are last words from shows in the fictional universe of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Oooh! Alright. Put me out of my misery. You don't have the gu-
- Note: Character is a vampire who in life had been a friend of Xander's. However, when a group of vampires, Jesse among them, attack a nightclub and kidnap the people there, Buffy and friends turn up and fight the vampires off, allowing the people to escape, and in the chaos, Xander catches up with Jesse, who says the above line mockingly to Xander when Xander threatiningly holds a stake against his heart, right before a panic-stricken girl crashes into him from behind, knocking him forward onto Xander's stake and killing him.
- You forget, metal can't hurt me.
- Note: Character is a vampire who says this to Buffy while fighting with her, when she appears to be threatening him with a cymbal stand. She then throws it through a window, and while Luke is distracted temporarily by the blinding glare of a streetlamp that shines through the broken window, Buffy stakes him in the back, killing him.
- Are you insane?!
- Where are your jibes now? Will you laugh when my Hell is on Earth?
- Who: The Master (Mark Metcalf)
- Source: Episode 1.12 "Prophecy Girl"
- Note: Character is a vampire who says this to Buffy before she impales him with a large piece of wood, killing him. Was referring to the fact that he had opened the mouth of Hell, allowing creatures from Hell to come through into our world. However, his death caused the Hellmouth to close, and the creatures that had entered our world to be banished back to Hell. Was also referring to Buffy's insulting jokes at his expense while they were fighting.
- So? What about my reward?
- What's that do?
- Wait. That's your... [Angelus: Oh, my cure? No, thanks. Been there, done that, and deja vu just isn't what it used to be. My... Isn't this my lucky day. The computer... and the pages. Looks like I get to kill two birds with one stone. And teacher makes three.]
- Who: Jenny Calendar (Robia LaMorte)
- Source: Episode 2.17 "Passion"
- Note: Character has this exchange with a vampire named Angelus, who had once been cursed with a soul which caused him to see the error of his ways and fight on the side of good; however, a moment of "pure happiness" when he slept with his lover, Buffy, which his remorse for the murders he had committed had prevented him from achieving beforehand, caused him to lose his soul and revert to his evil ways. Jenny-who was a teacher-had been working on a spell to restore his soul, but he gets word of it and comes to destroy her work. She runs away but Angelus catches up with her and snaps her neck.
- Oh, no... no. This is no good at all....
Note: Character is a vampire who has just been staked in the back by Faith. He says these lines literally as he crumbles to dust, apparantly not realizing he had been staked.
- This is not orderly... this is not disciplined... you're on my campus, buddy, and when I say I want quiet, I mean—
- Who: Principal Snyder (Armin Shimerman)
- Source: Episode 3.22 "Graduation Day, Part Two"
- Note: Character, an incredibly delusional and abusive man who had caused trouble for Buffy and her friends on several occassions, is addressing an extremely large demon that has appeared during a graduation ceremony. He is eaten before he can finish his criticism.
- Well, gosh!
Note: Character is a werewolf who says this to fellow werewolf Oz. She does not say anything else before the two of them transform into thier werewolf forms-they then have a fight which results in Oz ripping out Veruca's throat, killing her.
- How... can you—
- Stop it.
- Need a... a minute. She could've killed me. [Giles: No, she couldn't. Never. And sooner or later Glory will re-emerge, and... make Buffy pay for that mercy. And the world with her. Buffy even knows that... and still she couldn't take a human life. She's a hero, you see. She's not like us.] Us?
- Who: Glorificus (Clare Kramer) / Ben Wilkinson (Charlie Weber)
- Source: Episode 5.22 "The Gift"
- Note: Glorificus and Ben share the same body, shifting between the appearance of the one who is in control at that moment. The first line is spoken by Glorificus as she is being attacked by Buffy, after which she transforms back into Ben. The last line is spoken by him. He is then asphyxiated by Giles, which kills them both.
- Dawn, listen to me, listen. I love you. I will always love you, this is the work I have to do. Tell Giles that... Tell Giles I figured it out... And I'm ok. And give my love to my friends. You have to take care of them now, you have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world, is to live in it. Be brave, live... for me.
- Who: Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar)
- Source: Episode 5.22 "The Gift"
- Note: This line is directed at Buffy's younger sister Dawn, before character leaps off a tower; she falls into a gateway to another dimension, closing it but dying in the process. She did this in order to save the world, as the opening of the dimension in question would have resulted in the deaths of every living creature on Earth. This was the final Buffy episode to air on The WB. Buffy is resurrected at the beginning of the next season, aired thereafter on a different network.
- Your shirt...
- Oh, and when you get caught, you'll lose them too. Your friends. You don't want that. I know you're in pain, but—-
- I miss my friends. I miss my enemies. I miss the people I talked to every day. I miss the people who never knew I existed. I miss 'em all. I want to talk to them, you know. I want to find out how they're doing. I want to know what's going on in their lives. [Andrew: You know what? They don't wanna talk to you - all those people you just mentioned. Not one of them is sitting around going, "I wonder what Jonathan's up to right now." Not one of them cares about you.] Well, I still care about them. That's why I'm here.
- Who: Jonathan Levinson (Danny Strong)
- Source: Episode 7.07 "Conversations with Dead People"
- Note: Character is digging up an artifact in the basement of his old high school and is reminded of his time there. Moments later he is stabbed to death by his friend Andrew on the orders of the First Evil, who needed human blood-as well as the artifact, which Andrew had suggested they dig up, also on the First Evil's orders-as a part of a ritual that would bring about the end of the world. Andrew was not aware of this, however; the First Evil had manipulated him.
- My friends, these are the times that define us. Proverbs 24:6. O, by wise council, you shall make your war.
Note: Character is the head of the Watcher's Council, an organization that fought creatures from Hell, and is discussing fighting tactics with fellow members of the Council, regarding the threat of the First Evil, a creature that was threatening to take over the world as soon as it became powerful enough. He and everyone he is talking to are then blown up and killed by Caleb, a minion working for the First Evil.
- You think you have power over me? Stupid girl. You'll never stop me. You don't have th—
- Bunnies! Floppy, hoppy... bunnies...
Note: Character is trying to calm herself down due to stress while about to go into battle by thinking "nice thoughts". During the battle, she is killed by a minion of the First Evil.
- [Buffy: I love you.] No you don't, but thanks for saying it. Now go. I wanna see how it ends.
Note: Character is sacrificing himself to save the world, using a magical medallion that is killing the First Evil's minions, but is also killing him, and destroying the Hellmouth. He says goodbye to his lover, Buffy, and then tells her to run, leaving him to die when the Hellmouth collapses. He later returns as a ghost, however, on the Buffy spin-off series, Angel.
- Too bad we'll never know... if this is a face you could learn to love.
- Who: Allen Francis Doyle
- Note: Doyle is referring to his demonic face, while speaking to Cordelia before sacrificing himself to save the world.
- This child, Angel, it's the one good thing we ever did together. The only good thing. You make sure and tell him that.
- Who: Darla
- Note: The character, a pregnant vampire, is speaking to her vampire lover Angel, with whom she had tortured and killed countless innocent people in Europe for many years. After delivering this line, Darla stakes herself and turns to dust, leaving her baby alive.
- I'm not asking you to follow me into hell. Just help send me there. Do it! ...again... Stephen...
- Who: Daniel Holtz
- Note: Requesting that Justine, his most loyal follower, stab him twice in the neck to frame Angel for his death. His last word is the name he had given Angel's son Conner while raising the child as his own.
- Oh, and you're welcome.
- Who: Cordelia Chase
- Note: It wasn't apparent she was dead until after she left the room and Angel received a call.
- Please, Wesley, why can't I stay?
- Who: Winifred "Fred" Burkle
- Note: Said in a delirious state to her lover Wesley, before her soul is consumed by Illyria, killing her.
- You kill me? A flunky?! I'm not just... Angel... kills me. You can't... Angel...
- Who: Lindsey McDonald
- Note: Character is speaking to Lorne, who had just shot him on Angel's order.
- I-I love you...
- Who: Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
- Note: Character is addressing Illyria, who had taken on the form of Wes' dead lover, Fred. He then dies, having earlier been stabbed by a demon, who is killed immediately after his (Wesley's) death by Illyria in vengeance